Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon to be owner, need expert advice from awesome forum.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yeah, true. I just found a local leftover '17 for $18,100 with Recaros and no sun roof. You guys got me turning on the new one.
Buy it! That’s $16,100 base price. You would be hard pressed to beat that deal. Unless you find a 18 with Recaro’s close to around the price of my car. Remember I have two more options Tri Color Paint $595 and Ebony Wheels $375. Plus my back up camera. So that car is priced real good.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

dmb

get a new one, or like me I got a salvage one with new paint on the front, a new radiator and 7,000 miles for 8 grand drives great. But i'm at the mercy of the dealer/shop should something happen, just like a used 14k car. I'll prob slide it off angeles crest hwy and kill myself with a smile on my face on a weekday[cool]

OP
B
Thread Starter #27
I'm hearing a lot of the same things. Advice well received. I appreciate all the feedback. Always helps to hear these things from real owners, real drivers.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey everyone,

I am on the cusp of buying a used FiST and have narrowed it down to two cars. I'd love to hear any input you may have. I'm looking for 1-owner, stock cars with the least amount of abuse (obviously). It'll be a second car as I have a F150.

Car 1: 2014 with 11k miles, Recaros, Sunroof. Seems to be well taken care of and lightly used. $14,900. West coast car.

Car 2: 2017 with 10k miles, no options added, certified pre-owned. $16,200 plus fees. East coast car.

I love the options and the little use of Car 1, but it's older. I have been in communicating with both dealers throughout the last week. The guy I've dealt with Car 1 is just more reasonable, less scummy/sales-y, and has a clearer history of the car.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to being a part of a rad community!
Recaros.....I will say now that I've had my car for about 3yrs. the driver seat is broke in quite well....When I let my old ball & chain drive and I sit Bitch...the seat is noticeably more stiff In the bolster area. I'm getting ready to throw the rocket box on the roof and drive it to Florida in July...all the way to the KEYS from Mn. Not my idea but at least I get to drive the FiST.

Unless the previous owner swapped or installed it some how. Mine definitely has it, and it's definitely a 15. I remember the sales guy had to explain it to me and show me how to hook it up (all my previous cars have been a bit on the old side aka lack of technology).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Unless the previous owner swapped or installed it some how. Mine definitely has it, and it's definitely a 15. I remember the sales guy had to explain it to me and show me how to hook it up (all my previous cars have been a bit on the old side aka lack of technology).
Wow, that's pretty rare that someone would go through all that hassle, and then trade it in, as that's the only way it would have it... otherwise definitely only '16+ come with Sync 3 and Android Auto and '17 added the USB hub model for Apple Car Play as well, at least for '16 one can get the hub for $40 if they want Car Play... Unless you are talking about My Ford Touch AKA Sync 2, it has the same 6.5" touchscreen but much... less robust software and processor and doesn't support AA and CP through the USB hub.

Wow, that's pretty rare that someone would go through all that hassle, and then trade it in, as that's the only way it would have it... otherwise definitely only '16+ come with Sync 3 and Android Auto and '17 added the USB hub model for Apple Car Play as well, at least for '16 one can get the hub for $40 if they want Car Play... Unless you are talking about My Ford Touch AKA Sync 2, it has the same 6.5" touchscreen but much... less robust software and processor and doesn't support AA and CP through the USB hub.
It might be... As far as infotainment I am at the stage of being impressed by autosync and micro SD slots lol. Either way it works great for me lol

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Do you know the build date of your car? Maybe they started phasing in sync3 halfway through the model year.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It might be... As far as infotainment I am at the stage of being impressed by autosync and micro SD slots lol. Either way it works great for me lol
Exactly, as long as it works for you, I just wanted to clarify for those specifically looking for Sync 3 as there is a BIG difference to a lot of people... Since yours has microSD, I believe that's just for navigation, which AA/CP makes moot on '16+ but Ford still offered nav too for those 4 FiST owners in the world without a smart phone, LOL.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I would agree that a 16+ with Recaros is worth getting, and I would get a new car, it's nice to have a car no one else has (possibly badly) driven. Sync 3 is a definite improvement starting with the 16's, and I say this even as mine is right now in the shop getting a new APIM (Sync 3 module) on warranty after it wouldn't update, and Ford diagnosed a bad APIM. I may feel differently if this repair doesn't help.
The stiffer RMM is nice, I haven't felt the need for an aftermarket one, and it's definitely nice to have one with the new head design that will hopefully avoid the problem of burning up coolant that led to the recall on earlier ones.
I also like the Recaros, they are quite tight when new, even for me at 6' and 165 lb., but they do relax some with use and are really helpful when whipping this agile little beast around turns. They also upscale a pretty basic interior, giving a little more of an enthusiast feel. The FiST is the cheapest car you can get with factory Recaros.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Sorry, but I just don't get why everyone with Recaro's has to INSIST on pushing and pushing and pushing them like you are a POS for not getting them... This is NOT directed at any one personally, this is an overall point: The Recaro's are 2 thousand dollars on a car worth around $18k without them, some of us just can't justify it and also need to get in and out of our car multiple times per day and all that bolstering makes it a little more difficult too... and by getting in and out multiple times per day we are going to wear out the bolsters and make them look like crap, with worn spots etc... Again, not directed at anyone personally, but it's a personal choice as much as color to me: someone either wants them or not, tracks their car and insists on them or uses it for deliveries or is on a budget like me... Bottom-line is if you think you want them and can afford them, go for it, but it's not something to just keep pushing on people like you are going to make a difference on what they feel they want or need in an expensive option like that... FWIW, my stock seats actually broke in more over time so I sink in more and feel more bolsted naturally compared to new for sure.

With the '14 beware of:
-MS Sync being a joyful pain to deal with
-The vent where the dashboard meets the windshield clicking because that part is garbage.
-A developing crack and/or cracked head on the motor due to an engineering flaw from the factory. This was only a flaw for SOME of the months of the 2014 production cars (IIRC November 2013-January 2014). This crack in the head not only leads to the head malfunctioning and loss of power, but also, as we have seen in some cases, a horrendous and agonizing engine-bay fire.

As far as the '17s go, I haven't heard a peep of issues, but that may just be due to their low mileage at this point.

Because the cloth seats stuck ass. I've had both, and would not recommend cloth to anyone, not even the budget minded.

There is a reason "wtb recaro seats" threads come up once a week here.