Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why Ford? Why must you Deny America!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
True enough. But, most people do not monitor coolant levels in their late model cars. They also don't have any experience in devising fixes for failing O.E. components.
I'm not placing blame on the head gasket. I would guess that it is a combination of the high engine bay temps and a bad material spec decision for fittings and connectors. The end result will be a steadily withering supply of 1.0 EB fiesta.

Ya but its not like Ford sold a lot here stateside. Taking that position the percentages could be skewed quite possibly making it look like it is larger problem than it really is. We don’t know.

I just have not heard much in the press about the European 1liter Fiesta’s having problems like was cited here. Also like I said before Ford has sold a record number of them over there.

So it stands to reason Ford of Europe has things pretty well sorted for the 1.5 liter 3 cylinder ST engine.

One has to realize something about manufacturing there is no such thing as 100% perfect on assembly line manufacturing. Its about QC and when because even with good QC some defects do slip through how the situation is handled by the manufacturer.

Now granted most manufacturers want to see a decent number of failures before issuing a recall. Though most stuff is covered by warranty and is why the warranty exists.
There are outsie circumstances that can come into play of course with say in the case of cars shitty dealerships that screw up. Owners negligence that can contribute.
Its why manufacters have service schedlues on new cars. Don’t think they don’t know some owners are just dumb and pretty much just get in their car and drive it. Expecting it to just last by just putting gas in it. Lol

I would also hazard to say on that note that most Americans who buy a base Fiesta or the Ecoboost may be prone to being quite Naive about cars in general.
Granted there was a cadre of Ecoboost purchasers that were enthusiasts but its not like Ford was even attemting to market to them with the whole Eco concept. Lol

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
They still put 1.0's in Ecosports here in the states.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's just a result of Ford's new policy to not sell any cars other than Mustangs (meeeh) and Lincolns (narcolepsy), because what Americans want is SUVs and trucks. If you want to vent, go up the street and poke the guy with the Navigator and no kids in the eye, and round the corner to the guy with the F150 that never hauls anything and kick him in the spheres.
Funny. I was arguing with some guy online, and he called my FiST a "girl's car."

He was sorta right. http://www.womensworldcoty.com/medi...ented-with-womens-world-car-of-the-year-award

He said real men drive trucks. I told him a real man drives whatever he likes, and doesn't care what other people think.

If you need proof of 1.0 issues , just head over to fiesta faction forum.

It seemed like every 1.0 with 30k miles was popping heads. Some were on the 3rd head in 60k miles.

me32

1000 Post Club
That new 3cylinder is very impressive. It smoked the prior gen. Just so many improvements over all make it a better performance car out of the box.

It's just a result of Ford's new policy to not sell any cars other than Mustangs (meeeh) and Lincolns (narcolepsy), because what Americans want is SUVs and trucks. If you want to vent, go up the street and poke the guy with the Navigator and no kids in the eye, and round the corner to the guy with the F150 that never hauls anything and kick him in the spheres.
Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This cloud might have a bit of a silver lining, at least for a while. We have very stout aftermarket support for our cars, and that will take time to build for the new generation. Plus, as others have pointed our above, the 1.5 is unproven. Our 1.6 motor has proven to be very stout. I was talking with Stratified the other day because I was concerned that the version 4.0 E30 tune has bumped peak boost to around 27.8 psi, a number that had me worried. I was assured that the 1.6 is very strong and was told not to worry about the safety of touching such a high boost number. Will the 1.5 be able to survive long-term with an aftermarket tune that has peak boost numbers around 6 psi higher than the stock overboost number? Only time will tell. And that doesn't even touch on the tons of other aftermarket stuff available for our cars.

This cloud might have a bit of a silver lining, at least for a while. We have very stout aftermarket support for our cars, and that will take time to build for the new generation. Plus, as others have pointed our above, the 1.5 is unproven. Our 1.6 motor has proven to be very stout. I was talking with Stratified the other day because I was concerned that the version 4.0 E30 tune has bumped peak boost to around 27.8 psi, a number that had me worried. I was assured that the 1.6 is very strong and was told not to worry about the safety of touching such a high boost number. Will the 1.5 be able to survive long-term with an aftermarket tune that has peak boost numbers around 6 psi higher than the stock overboost number? Only time will tell. And that doesn't even touch on the tons of other aftermarket stuff available for our cars.
When I purchased my '16 FIST, the stock performance wasn't that critical to me as I knew I'd be modifying it. I just needed to know that the engine was strong and the rest of the car was up to snuff, which it is. It's really a moot point as we can't get this gen FIST anyway, at least for now.

Sam4

OK, you've got to humor me here, I'm 65 years old.......................BAU?
I believe they meant "bow" as in nautical, maritime lingo, there daddy-o.
- from another old guy.

I did notice the 2019 has a lighter! Can't tell you how many times I tried to plug a charger in my 2015, and wondered what it would be like to have a lighter. Oh, it weighs less? Oh. Never mind.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
He said real men drive trucks. I told him a real man drives whatever he likes, and doesn't care what other people think.
PREFUCKINGCISELY!!! [twothumb]

I have been saying this about cars, (and many, many other topics) for all my life (but I always stated it as "A REAL man does not allow other self-proclaimed, supposedly 'real men' tell them what a real man is or does!")!! ;)

dmb

funny all my life I have driven class 8 trucks, and if you own a big rig you gotta have a pick-up truck to haul parts. But all my cars are the small fun type that makes driving FUN when i'm behind the wheel, and that is what the FiST is.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
PREFUCKINGCISELY!!! [twothumb]

I have been saying this about cars, (and many, many other topics) for all my life (but I always stated it as "A REAL man does not allow other self-proclaimed, supposedly 'real men' tell them what a real man is or does!")!! ;)
I recently saw a video from the Duck Dynasty guy talking about how real men drink their coffee black.

I had the same thought, there. I'll drink my coffee however I like it. That's what a "real man" would do.

Exactly. You can't blame Ford for giving the MAJORITY of the people what they want, CUV's.. Blame the gas-hogging people who insist on genormous SUV's.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
like it all except the 3 cyl is a downgrade.
Actually no its not. Read up on it. It puts out more HP an TQ than our 4 cylinders. Not only that its got a nicer exhaust note. Oh and check out the reviews no one is feeling like its a downgrade. It’s just the concept of 3 cylinders probably sounds weak and not right.
Though there are some very impressive 3 cylinder motorcycles. If its done right a 3 cylinder can work just fine. Ford of Europe got it right. The reviews are loving it.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Actually no its not. Read up on it. It puts out more HP an TQ than our 4 cylinders. Not only that its got a nicer exhaust note. Oh and check out the reviews no one is feeling like its a downgrade. It’s just the concept of 3 cylinders probably sounds weak and not right.
Though there are some very impressive 3 cylinder motorcycles. If its done right a 3 cylinder can work just fine. Ford of Europe got it right. The reviews are loving it.
Waiting to see how the 1.5 respond to mods.

Uhmm...I don't like this kind of policy….in Italy is the same..most loved cars are all SUVs and big cars from Germany….I prefer a Yenko 427,or a 67 Camaro SS..or a 72 Grand Torino Sport,and, the 71 Plymouth Cuda[thumb]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #39
Uhmm...I don't like this kind of policy….in Italy is the same..most loved cars are all SUVs and big cars from Germany….I prefer a Yenko 427,or a 67 Camaro SS..or a 72 Grand Torino Sport,and, the 71 Plymouth Cuda[thumb]
Do you guys have the Megane RS there? that car looks awesome over there in Europe! [?|]

Do you guys have the Megane RS there? that car looks awesome over there in Europe! [?|]
In my town there are only 2 Megane RS..one black and the other white. The MY is around 2011...about the new model I have seen no one. Instead there are many 2009 Clio RS, (which is used in our Rally races ,called R3C).[:)]