Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Koni yellows. What's best spring combo?

Update: Man oh man, the 1/x turn(s) adjustment on these Konis seems so unreliable. I had the same experience with the rears: adjust to full firm and then adjust by 1/x turn(s). I adjusted them by the same amount; then I compressed them and timed how long it took to them to fully rebound -- they weren't even close. Am I nuts for adjusting them based on the timing of the rebound instead of the number of turns? Are they compensated in any way for the weight of the driver?
I adjusted the rears the same way so put us both in the crazy camp. This is how I've always adjusted shocks/struts if possible before installation to at least have a baseline.

My car has been running Yellows and Eibach Pro-Kit springs for a while now and for my purposes they're great. For street driving they're set to full soft and it rides significantly better than stock while still feeling well controlled. For HPDEs I adjust to full stiff -1/2 turn for the front and roughly -1/4 turn for the rear.

Am looking for a softer ride with my car as well but not a really drop, do you like how the yellow and eibach handles ruff roads, dose it bottom out?

Am looking for a softer ride with my car as well but not a really drop, do you like how the yellow and eibach handles ruff roads, dose it bottom out?

I kept the stock coils. It is much more composed in general ride quality. But, given a bad section of road, any of the various choices discussed here are going to be harsh if driven fast over rough or pot holed road. If you carry passengers and cargo, you can expect to feel the bump stops..

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I kept the stock coils. It is much more composed in general ride quality. But, given a bad section of road, any of the various choices discussed here are going to be harsh if driven fast over rough or pot holed road. If you carry passengers and cargo, you can expect to feel the bump stops..
Actually Yellows can be quite comfortable. My M3 has Ground control with Koni’s and it rides fine here in LA.

You should not be feeling bump stops unless your springs are too soft for the shock or you shock is done. If you are feeling bump stops then you should either dial in your dampning rate ( if you can)to try and better match the stock spring rate or get stiffer springs.