Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is the FiST reliable enough to go 100k+ miles? What about w/ mods?

I've decided to keep my FiST long term as my DD and start looking for a more dedicated track related car for HPDE events.

Should we expect our cars to survive 100k miles or more as a daily driver without any major repairs if maintained properly?

How much power can we safely make to keep the reliability equivalent to a stock car? I was thinking about installing my upgraded intake, DP, FMIC and a more aggressive 93 octane tune to make it more interesting.

Thoughts?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I've decided to keep my FiST long term as my DD and start looking for a more dedicated track related car for HPDE events.

Should we expect our cars to survive 100k miles or more as a daily driver without any major repairs if maintained properly?

How much power can we safely make to keep the reliability equivalent to a stock car? I was thinking about installing my upgraded intake, DP, FMIC and a more aggressive 93 octane tune to make it more interesting.

Thoughts?
Yes, that's quite realistic,lots of good info on here about reliability-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5223-High-Mileage-Winner-175-000-(updated)

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...gine-Used-In-Formula-Ford-Racing-Almost-Stock

The first link has a member with over 175k miles, the second shows the engines stand up to racing almost stock. The consensus seems to be that the cars can take 300 hp easily, and remain on the stock clutch and transmission.

I have 75K on mine. Aside from the blend door actuator going out, I haven't had one mechanical issue. I try and stay on top of maintenance and more or less change things before the specified time is up. I am currently looking to replace the serpentine belt, timing belt and water pump just for a little more piece of mind, since it is getting up in miles, even though I don't have issues currently with them. I have just about all the bolt-on parts with stock turbo, minus the down pipe and exhaust and running e30 tune.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeap...another member has 177k on his...so that's showing it's not a 100k throw away like cavaliers....neons....Daewoos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Not just 177 k but he's running a big turbo as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good damn blend door actuator doe. Keep replacing that every couple years and you should be good.

Good damn blend door actuator doe. Keep replacing that every couple years and you should be good.
Ha ha yeah first 2 months I had the car it happened and hasn't happened since that was 2 years ago 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Z
Thread Starter #11
the only issue I've had so far that needs attention is also the HVAC blend motor actuator knocking too. LOL

haste

1000 Post Club
56k miles. 20k miles with x37. stage 3 since 15k miles. 93 tune. no issues whatsoever other than some interior rattling. =D

haste

1000 Post Club
This is so awesome to hear! Hows it holding up a year later?
68k miles. I just noticed a couple weeks ago when changing the engine oil that the driver side front axle seal is leaking at the transmission. First real issue I have had with the car. Luckily, it's easily fixed.