Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blizzak WS80, in STOCK size opinions?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Btw, I ditched the 15x6 tire rack steelies for a set of used team dynamics pro race 1.2, 15x7 +42 in matte black, for my 195/55 mich x-ice. HUGE diff in weight, car feels much quicker and stops faster. And looks a bazillion X better!
SWEET! [coolsmile]

Almost too good for a winter 'beat on them' setup, but at least you did not pay the full/new price for them! [thumb]

The only problem with all of the TD products now is not being able to get replacements for damaged wheels going forward, due to a lack of distributorship in this land, and rapidly dwindling stock at any vendors still dealing with Rimstock (TD's parent company). [:(]
(I am in the same boat, and IF I had known/foreseen this happening, I would have opted for the OZed Superturismo LMs instead).

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
SWEET! [coolsmile]

Almost too good for a winter 'beat on them' setup, but at least you did not pay the full/new price for them! [thumb]

The only problem with all of the TD products now is not being able to get replacements for damaged wheels going forward, due to a lack of distributorship in this land, and rapidly dwindling stock at any vendors still dealing with Rimstock (TD's parent company). [:(]
(I am in the same boat, and IF I had known/foreseen this happening, I would have opted for the OZed Superturismo LMs instead).
Thanks.

I did pretty good with these. Local guy from the forum was selling them.

I am a convert now. I never wouldve thought to buy aftermarket wheels, I have always been oem only. But seeing how much better these are, I think I'm gonna look for some 16" OZ wheels. Lighter wheels change the whole dynamic of the car.

Update: Ive been driving the last 2 weeks on the blizzaks (stock size + wheels) and I can see why the installer told me that BMW + MB guys try to run these all year.

They're great in the little freezing rain we've had here in NYC so far, yet to see some snow (figures).

The best part is that they've made the ride at least 10x more comfortable.

Downside is , they are not sport tires lol , sidewall is softer meaning you lose some of the quick snappiness and rear end tuck in and they easily overcome traction control.

However its all a trade off for GRIP. On a slick , winter road (below 44/7 degrees) , is where it shines.

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Update: Ive been driving the last 2 weeks on the blizzaks (stock size + wheels) and I can see why the installer told me that BMW + MB guys try to run these all year.

They're great in the little freezing rain we've had here in NYC so far, yet to see some snow (figures).

The best part is that they've made the ride at least 10x more comfortable.

Downside is , they are not sport tires lol , sidewall is softer meaning you lose some of the quick snappiness and rear end tuck in and they easily overcome traction control.

However its all a trade off for GRIP. On a slick , winter road (below 44/7 degrees) , is where it shines.
That's good to hear. I'm in the nyc area myself and have yet to see the value in my snows (mich x-ice). Too many warm days so far. I know I will come to appreciate them in a month or two, but for now, I hate em. Anything above 45°/50° and they are downright scary.

P.S. I did travel to rural Massachusetts on Thanksgiving weekend during a bad snow storm and had to traverse an icy hill , and they were absolutely amazing.