Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OBD2 code P219A (Please point me in the right direction)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm still at work. Where I live it's 2:30 atm.

It is a cold intake that is about 2 feet long. After that it is the stock tubing all the way to the turbo, and stock to the intake manifold.

I would just go to a dealership for that. I'm concerned that they will tell me that my warranty is void.

Since it is a 2015, it should have the warranty until the end of the year, or end of year 2019.

I still haven't looked into that yet.
OK, if you REALLY want to keep what's left of the warranty then used ECU from a '14-'15 will get you where you want. If you bought an AP, it backs up your "factory" tune so in your case it would backup the one causing you issues... BUT, honestly if you just fix the Evap and run premium I think you'll be fine, since the only code is for the Evap disconnected... Reading abut the code more, you just need what is called the induction tube to plug the other one in, which the filter should be connected to and plug that loose evap cable into that. Literally, for $70 HERE and running premium you'll be fine and enjoying the car! You'll just plug that loose end into the little connection that splits off from the side of the main tube. The exhaust nosies you're talking about is just some natural pops and gurgles from having a no cat downpipe.

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #22
OK, if you REALLY want to keep what's left of the warranty then used ECU from a '14-'15 will get you where you want. If you bought an AP, it backs up your "factory" tune so in your case it would backup the one causing you issues... BUT, honestly if you just fix the Evap and run premium I think you'll be fine, since the only code is for the Evap disconnected... Reading abut the code more, you just need what is called the induction tube to plug the other one in, which the filter should be connected to and plug that loose evap cable into that. Literally, for $70 HERE and running premium you'll be fine and enjoying the car! You'll just plug that loose end into the little connection that splits off from the side of the main tube. The exhaust nosies you're talking about is just some natural pops and gurgles from having a no cat downpipe.
Fair enough. Ill definitely look into that, even though I'd rather have the cat, and I ordered it already, I am / was ready to replace each part mentioned in the P219A description of possible causes.

Ill be back home in a hour and a half. Ill post pictures then.

Thanks

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Fair enough. Ill definitely look into that, even though I'd rather have the cat, and I ordered it already, I am / was ready to replace each part mentioned in the P219A description of possible causes.

Ill be back home in a hour and a half. Ill post pictures then.

Thanks
Happy to help, us FiST owners are a pretty decent group compared to many other out there... and don't blame you for at least putting the stock downpipe with cat in just to run semi-clean, for sure, I would too but it might be nice to fix the Evap code and basically all your probs with just a new induction hose for $70 and just run premium like you pretty much should anyway... I'm at work bored myself, an hour behind you on the west cost but I'll get notified if you post pics and i'm sure others on here will be happy to confirm what I'm thinking or not.

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #25
The last two weren't very clear. There is a sensor of some kind attached to the underside of the air intake. That is what those pictures are of.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The last two weren't very clear. There is a sensor of some kind attached to the underside of the air intake. That is what those pictures are of.
Interesting, the 2 things I was looking for are both connected... The only thing I can think of is there is a vacuum activated BOV and that connector is for the stock solenoid one, but that's what the last couple of pics are maybe.... plus, the code you're throwing is clearly for Evap, and that is connected into the green thing... So, next thing I can think of is that Evap is simply failing, that definitely happens and would be covered under warranty up to 7/70 under emissions, which *shouldn't* be affected by mods, but the laws in Canada may be different... I'd try the dealer just to see what they say, I doubt they would permanently disqualify you for having the mods, especially for an emissions issue, most likely they will say put it back to stock first.

dmb

Wait a second, you gave a dealership 15k for a used car and you think they laughed at you? then you are afraid to take it back because they will void your warranty? so you take it to a ''shop'' to look at it? then you are buying parts that the dealership should have installed before you drove off from the dealer that you gave 15k to? last question, do you have a moose or bear gun? J/K take that car back and talk to no one but the owner of that dealership and be nice to start and a lawyer to finish. don't touch the car or you will screw yourself big time. good luck Dennis

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OH, in pic 4 from the top, that air tube sticking up is for the sound Symposer fake sound thing that is common to be removed. The one I used said I could just remove that tubing all the way back to where it connects at the firewall... is there a "cap" straight down behind the radiator on the intercooler pipe there?

Edit: Actually you can still see it in place itself in the top middle of the first pic, that's kind of weird.. let me look closer... LOL

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If some of them are confusing, I can take more.

Thanks
20181204_172710.jpg
20181204_172720.jpg

OK, so this looks like a MAF connector that normally needs to be connected to the intake... that dealership needs to own up to the fact they sold you a half-assed modded car that isn't done right, I'm sure there are laws against that shit up there too... Good luck!

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #30
Wait a second, you gave a dealership 15k for a used car and you think they laughed at you? then you are afraid to take it back because they will void your warranty? so you take it to a ''shop'' to look at it? then you are buying parts that the dealership should have installed before you drove off from the dealer that you gave 15k to? last question, do you have a moose or bear gun? J/K take that car back and talk to no one but the owner of that dealership and be nice to start and a lawyer to finish. don't touch the car or you will screw yourself big time. good luck Dennis

The paper work is fairly clear. The dealership has no warranty on it, it was bought as is.
Definitely a stupid purchase.
I already asked around, and what they did is not illegal, and there is no law to support me here.
The 24 hr period that the law gives me to return it passed over a week ago, and the dealership is not a Ford Dealership.
This car was a trade in at a different brands dealership.

I saw this car online beforehand, it didn't show any problems at the time I looked at it in person.

I could go back to the dealer that sold it to me, but other than the kindness of their hearts, I don't see any leverage to use.

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #31
View attachment 19094
View attachment 19095

OK, so this looks like a MAF connector that normally needs to be connected to the intake... that dealership needs to own up to the fact they sold you a half-assed modded car that isn't done right, I'm sure there are laws against that shit up there too... Good luck!
Ill take another look. If I can find more legal leverage, then I can take it back to the dealership, which would be way better than trying to get it back to where warranty covers it.

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #32
OH, in pic 4 from the top, that air tube sticking up is for the sound Symposer fake sound thing that is common to be removed. The one I used said I could just remove that tubing all the way back to where it connects at the firewall... is there a "cap" straight down behind the radiator on the intercooler pipe there?

Edit: Actually you can still see it in place itself in the top middle of the first pic, that's kind of weird.. let me look closer... LOL
Is that the round looking thing, or the black box looking thing to the right a bit?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The paper work is fairly clear. The dealership has no warranty on it, it was bought as is.
Definitely a stupid purchase.
I already asked around, and what they did is not illegal, and there is no law to support me here.
The 24 hr period that the law gives me to return it passed over a week ago, and the dealership is not a Ford Dealership.
This car was a trade in at a different brands dealership.

I saw this car online beforehand, it didn't show any problems at the time I looked at it in person.

I could go back to the dealer that sold it to me, but other than the kindness of their hearts, I don't see any leverage to use.
You are under warranty and that code is for evap that has an even longer warranty under emissions, you should be covered at the dealer... Like you said, it runs good and that code is just for emissions, not a huge deal man, just take it to the dealership.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Is that the round looking thing, or the black box looking thing to the right a bit?
OK, so the Symposer is the box thing to the top middle of that first pic... that random tube sticking out I thought would be connected to the right side of it looking at it as that pic shows but not entirely sure now...

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #35
You are under warranty and that code is for evap that has an even longer warranty under emissions, you should be covered at the dealer... Like you said, it runs good and that code is just for emissions, not a huge deal man, just take it to the dealership.
How am I under warranty?
On the bill of sale, it says for used cars there is no warranty unless otherwise stated.

However, on the mechanical inspection report, it does say that the diagnostic trouble codes passed.
The mechanical assessment expires 120 days after it was made, Which was on October 5th. So that is still valid.

You know what, I'm going to cancel that catalytic converter order. I only partially paid for it.
If I comb through the laws again, I might be able to find something I can use.

Ill have to take another look at the Traffic Safety Act, and Vehicle Equipment Regulation.

dmb

good idea, I think you need to talk to a lawyer, he will be able to tell you where you stand. and you would be surprised what a letter will do to get things going. you won't be the first person to get the wennie from a used car lot. ask me how i know. and if everything works out in your favor your have a nice car that runs clean. sorry for kicking you but you need fight back for what is right. I hate weasels the human kind.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So these two are just the sound symposer... it gives you the engine sound when you put a load on it... and you should have factory warranty, you know new cars come with a 5 year/ 100k km powertrain right? It also has a 7 year 120k km for emissions, if it follows the same guidelines as down here converted to Km's... Doesn't matter if the car changes hands 10 times.

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #39
So these two are just the sound symposer... it gives you the engine sound when you put a load on it... and you should have factory warranty, you know new cars come with a 5 year/ 100k km powertrain right? It also has a 7 year 120k km for emissions, if it follows the same guidelines as down here converted to Km's... Doesn't matter if the car changes hands 10 times.
Right, I get what you're saying. This is the reason why I ordered that Cat, and was thinking about the ECU and air intake.

Because the removed cat, and the modded ECU, this has a real chance of voiding that warranty.
If it didn't I would have just brought it into a ford dealership and told them to fix it.

This is also the reason why I sent it to a independent mechanic to do a diagnostic.
I didn't want to send it back for a diagnostic ( to the non-ford dealership I bought it from) for several reasons.

Truth is, Since I didn't do my due diligence, I'm aware that I'm drawing the short straw on this one.
The two dudes who sold it to me deserve a baseball bat to the shins, but legally I'm not on the best footing.

I'm going to take a second look at my legal options like I mentioned anyways.

Also, it seems like the engine is developing lifter tick as well.
If the legal angle fails, getting it back into a "warranty" condition is my best bet to avoid paying thousands more if that ticking gets worse.

So yeah, that's my motivation to buy more parts. [rant]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Right, I get what you're saying. This is the reason why I ordered that Cat, and was thinking about the ECU and air intake.

Because the removed cat, and the modded ECU, this has a real chance of voiding that warranty.
If it didn't I would have just brought it into a ford dealership and told them to fix it.

This is also the reason why I sent it to a independent mechanic to do a diagnostic.
I didn't want to send it back for a diagnostic ( to the non-ford dealership I bought it from) for several reasons.

Truth is, Since I didn't do my due diligence, I'm aware that I'm drawing the short straw on this one.
The two dudes who sold it to me deserve a baseball bat to the shins, but legally I'm not on the best footing.

I'm going to take a second look at my legal options like I mentioned anyways.

Also, it seems like the engine is developing lifter tick as well.
If the legal angle fails, getting it back into a "warranty" condition is my best bet to avoid paying thousands more if that ticking gets worse.

So yeah, that's my motivation to buy more parts. [rant]
The good news is that you should be able to get those parts used pretty cheap and get what you need to back to stock... Again, best of luck to you man!