Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AP Firmware / OTS maps / AccessTuner Race - Updates

I fixed it by closing the graph at the bottom right. As long as I'm just looking and modding the digits without the graph, it stopped crashing. I'm sure I could replicate it.
Happens on all maps slots and on any rpm when I select the value.
We see this every so often with various graphic card drivers. What operating system are you using? What video card is present and active? Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My graphics driver prob are not upto date. I'm using XP I think. Or 2000. Idk. I only use this laptop as a tuning tool and I paid $80 for it, lol. But I never had the issue until this update.

Most likely, everyone else will be using a better laptop than me, and its not a big deal to me :)

koozy

3000 Post Club
anyone else download the alpha firmware through the backdoor v1.7.2.0-9969? Don't know what changes they made as it's not a public release, but I've been running it for a week now. I was hoping the auto on/off feature would be active, but it's not.

really pleased with the quicker flash time with the latest update... under a minute.

felopr

anyone else download the alpha firmware through the backdoor v1.7.2.0-9969? Don't know what changes they made as it's not a public release, but I've been running it for a week now. I was hoping the auto on/off feature would be active, but it's not.

really pleased with the quicker flash time with the latest update... under a minute.

[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]

Koozy,

Please keep in mind that any ALPHA firmware that exists on the server may not be suitable for normal use. Typically we use the ALPHA channel for testing bug fixes, or sometimes features on select vehicle candidates. It is highly recommended to run release firmware for the most consistent and functional feature set. That being said, there are several more enhancements coming this month that will be pushed to release soon!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

koozy

3000 Post Club
Koozy,

Please keep in mind that any ALPHA firmware that exists on the server may not be suitable for normal use. Typically we use the ALPHA channel for testing bug fixes, or sometimes features on select vehicle candidates. It is highly recommended to run release firmware for the most consistent and functional feature set. That being said, there are several more enhancements coming this month that will be pushed to release soon!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
thanks, looking forward to the updates! [thumb]

I just ordered an AP for my 2015 FiST. I'm wondering if this firmware will already be loaded or if I'll have to update it. If I do, does anyone know if the software works on OS X (Mac)? I don't own a Windows laptop/PC.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I just ordered an AP for my 2015 FiST. I'm wondering if this firmware will already be loaded or if I'll have to update it. If I do, does anyone know if the software works on OS X (Mac)? I don't own a Windows laptop/PC.
it should come loaded with but if not, it's easy to update with Accessport Manager. Accessport Manager is available for the MAC.

it should come loaded with but if not, it's easy to update with Accessport Manager. Accessport Manager is available for the MAC.
Thanks for the quick answer. It's been 4 years since I've used an AP (Mazdaspeed3) so I'm a bit newbie to all of this again. I was afraid I'd have to break my principles and buy a Window laptop. Thank goodness for that.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thanks for the quick answer. It's been 4 years since I've used an AP (Mazdaspeed3) so I'm a bit newbie to all of this again. I was afraid I'd have to break my principles and buy a Window laptop. Thank goodness for that.
I using my Mac with the Accessport. I did have to install Windows on my Mac with Bootcamp in order to run Accessport Race Tuner, which is only available for PC. No need to by a PC. If you don't plan on tuning or tweaking tunes don't worry about it just yet. I'm running an E85 blend, so I got it to tweak the tunes to accommodate the increased ethanol content.

I using my Mac with the Accessport. I did have to install Windows on my Mac with Bootcamp in order to run Accessport Race Tuner, which is only available for PC. No need to by a PC. If you don't plan on tuning or tweaking tunes don't worry about it just yet. I'm running an E85 blend, so I got it to tweak the tunes to accommodate the increased ethanol content.
Yeah I only plan on running the Stage 1 93 Octane maps. I don't plan on doing much tweaking. If I do I can use Virtual Box and a Windows7 image I have. I plan to keep things conservative at first (car only has 220mi on it lol). Thanks for your feedback!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Ok.... just to update, the alpha firmware I have installed does have the AUTO ON/OFF feature! I missed it initially expecting it to just power on/off, but it's a user enabled feature that needs to be turned on or off, pretty cool! It works, but is still buggy and turns off randomly at times. Hopefully Cobb will weed out the gremlins for a public release soon. Great job to the team at COBB! [cheers]

Attachments

The current version of the engine off detection firmware works really well, I wouldn't recommend using that Alpha FW you found.

Ian

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #59
The current version of the engine off detection firmware works really well, I wouldn't recommend using that Alpha FW you found.

Ian
So this begs the question as to when is the new firmware update going to be released with this new feature? ;)