Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ken Block Launches M-Sport Ford Fiesta R5

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member

A variety of blue ovals will descend on New England next month as the perpetually sideways Ken Block and his Hoonigan Racing Division help launch the new M-Sport Fiesta R5. The rally car will see action for the first time in the mostly-wooded New England Forest Rally.

Taking the helm of the R5 will be American driver Ramana Lagemann, supported by Canadian co-driver Nathalie Richard. ?I have followed the Fiesta R5 since its inception, and I have been impressed with how successful the platform has proven to be,? Lagemann said in a press release. ?Now, with this 2000 cc version, M-Sport has developed a car that is well suited to North American stages. I had the opportunity to test it recently, and aside from the awesome chassis capability and balance inherent in all R5 Fiestas, I was amazed by the engine?s responsiveness and torque.?

A former factory driver for Subaru, Lagemann recently opted out of regular participation in the Rally America series, but maintains a quick pace, as is evident by his appearance in the 2WD class at the Olympus Rally last month, where he took a win in a BMW M3 with co-driver Chrissie Beavis.

?It?s been a few years since I competed in a proper AWD rally car, and I?m well aware of the time it will take to get fully up to speed,? Lagemann said. ?My goal is to take everything step by step in a measured approach, and produce a solid result for the team.?

Meanwhile, Block will also participate in his ?Hybrid Function Hoon Vehicle,? which is designed to be adapted for either stage rally, rallycross, or the ever popular Gymkhana events. "I?m excited about partnering with M-Sport at NEFR this year," said Block. "I absolutely love my Ford Fiesta HFHV that we?ve built, but the idea of a car like the R5 that?s potentially just as quick, isn?t made up of one-off parts and features a lower operating cost is definitely an appealing prospect!?

Continue reading for the full story.