Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Koni Orange struts + Cobb springs = Happy Camper!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I too had several brands of lowering springs. I found the H&R sport springs to be the softest. Eibach sportlines slightly firmer. On the basic fiesta the Eibach sport lines and Koni Sport dampers were pretty sweet from both a ride and handling perspective.
Forgot about the Eibach Sportlines...yeah these may just work also. Thanks for that.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
When you guys did your installs did you reuse the rubber lower spring isolator?
I did but that was at 25k. Their looking a little haggard now at 49k so I'll probably get yhe poly replacements from Whoosh.

I did but that was at 25k. Their looking a little haggard now at 49k so I'll probably get yhe poly replacements from Whoosh.
Gotcha, I was on the fence about using them at all because the spring naturally fits into the Koni spring seat instead of on top of it with the OEM isolator.

Either way, the car sits perfectly now. I ended up using Koni Yellows all round with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and the ride quality is vastly improved with them set to full soft. It's still firm but well controlled especially over broken city streets.

Yes. It seemed like the Eibach coils really hit the sweet spot. I'm not by any means trashing H&R products though. The H&R supersports on the FR3 ford racing kit i also tried out on my basic, non ST Fiesta were very firm and had the most drop. But, were too harsh on rough, patched pothole type, pavement. When i installed the 225/45R15 tires that combination was really not streetable. The very wide tires with short sidewalls and those springs Just hated each other.

Hey Ron, that's wonderful to hear. I wish that I could give everyone a ride along to experience how nice these Koni orange struts behave. Combined with the progressive springs from Cobb (or Eibach) really works fine together. I know it sounds corny, but I find myself occasionally steering TOWARDS a bump to remind me how well they absorb it, whereas I used to drive with one eye looking ahead and the other scanning the immediate road surface trying to navigate around most any undulation like it was a land mine. The difference is night and day! I can't wait for the first customer of yours that makes the purchase and install reports back here about their own experiences.
It appears that the "sport" or "lowering" springs from Mountune, Cobb and Eibach are all very similar in that, they are progressive rate, work with stock struts and provide a decent ride with slight lowering. Is there really any difference between these springs despite pricing?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
It appears that the "sport" or "lowering" springs from Mountune, Cobb and Eibach are all very similar in that, they are progressive rate, work with stock struts and provide a decent ride with slight lowering. Is there really any difference between these springs despite pricing?
From what I've seen, all three are manufactured by Eibach with slight spec differences based on the requirements of Cobb or Mountune. Each with slightly different heights as well. Otherwise very similar.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I would guess that we could safely consider the Koni ST-R/Orange struts to be a higher quality component than the FRP lowering. Kit. With a better warranty.they are not a motorsport part as much as a quality lowering kit.

I have read that the Koni Yellows are "dual flow" yet do not know if the orange dampers are. I believe that Koni dual flow dampers are used OEM on the Fiat 500 Abarth. [wrenchin]

I have read that the Koni Yellows are "dual flow" yet do not know if the orange dampers are. I believe that Koni dual flow dampers are used OEM on the Fiat 500 Abarth. [wrenchin]
Those dampers would be the FSD Koni product. That is what i understand the 500 abarth gets as O.E. the 500 Abarth i had access to a few years ago didn't have any koni labels on the dampers. But they were stamped as an iTT product.
My impression of them was that they were ok. I like adjustable dampers. I didn't make any changes beyond tire pressure. The Abarth is more go cart ish than our Fiesta ST.

I would guess that we could safely consider the Koni ST-R/Orange struts to be a higher quality component than the FRP lowering. Kit. With a better warranty.they are not a motorsport part as much as a quality lowering kit.
Isn’t the FRP lowering kit just the Sport/Zetec S suspension for the standard Fiesta? It would raise a ST 5mm and isn’t as firm. Or is there a new ST specific FRP kit?

I'm unaware of any FRP/ ST lowering kit. It has it's own specific setup as standard. The FRP lowering kit is the lowering setup for a basic Fiesta.