Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Took my car in for recall they said they where installing a egr on my car?

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #22
thank you for convincing me not to let these asshats bully people around their senior management has agreed to meet with me

again thanks to this forum and the inspiration.[lovest][}:)][thumb]

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
[MENTION=10211]ROCKYFiestta[/MENTION], it is good that you have cooled down and not blamed all of Ford for bad service at a independently owned dealership.
Sometimes a bad experience can make you go off half cocked.
I know I may/would have done the same thing.

I think now you are on the right path.
Based on your driving experience after the recall update and now that the dealer is listening to you.
Maybe you should explain this to them and ask for them to re-flash the PCM just to make sure there were no errors.

Dave

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #24
thanks, i definitely will since the bad dealership did deliberately mess with my car, and i don't know to what extent either. Its like somebody coming into your house and beating up your kids you know. i took it heart plus, as car peeps "YOU DONT MESS WITH OTHER PEOPLES RIDES" i thought it was universal code. back in the day that we had respect for each individuals ride like i wont go in your car with muddy shoes and what not.[?|]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
back in the day that we had respect for each individuals ride like i wont go in your car with muddy shoes and what not.[?|]

I am a retired mechanic, back in the day we worked on a car and got paid to do the job right.
Today its all about the money.
Now mechanics are paid flat rate so many jobs are done half assed just to get more out, right or wrong.

Dave

The EGR you speak of is the name/description of the part kits used in this recall.
It does have nothing to do with the EGR system (go figure).

The recall only adds a coolant level sensor and programs the PCM to read it.
Of course there were some other items changed as well, like the tank and hoses to accommodate the sensor's install.

You guys are lucky, my car took 8 days (busy dealership).
However, I was given a brand new '18 Fusion as a loner.

My cay runs and acts as perfect as when I brought it in.

Dave
My mechanic at my Ford must be an all star since he did the recall in 5.3hrs and installed my mountune radiator in another 2hrs and all in one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my attorney call and notify regional management that I intend to sue them for harassment of a handicapped disabled veteran. They have changed their tune so fast. Explained that parking my car at the ass end of their parking lot forcing a person with disabilties to walk that far without my cane/wheelchair (which where in the dam car) is
beyond disrespectful and is abusive. they parked all others cars right up front and their cameras will reveal the truth thankfully. the service manager also refused me a the shuttle service (which was offered to the other people there) and they will be refunding the 60$ cab ride as well.
somebody's ass is definitely going to get fired needless to say they deserve it.
as for my car i emailed the picture of the broken clips and how they deliberately smashed them under my hood and where nowhere near the holes they should have been placed. I will be bringing my car to denver ford to have it looked at again and fixed properly as well they agreed to fix my seat quoted me at 1400$ to fix for free.

thank you for convincing me not to let these asshats bully people around their senior management has agreed to meet with me and thanked me for my service and the 2 years i spent in a wheelchair as result before i was able to walk again.

ps i just couldnt see myself in the ms3 or golf i love the little car and that pos guy was not about to ruin it for me.

now my question is if the car is still slow can i just get the ap and override their flash? thinking seriously about he stage one maybe? i dont have any mods though but would like the speed to return the car feels like a regular fiesta right now really struggles to get up to speed unlike before.

again thanks to this forum and the inspiration.[lovest][}:)][thumb]
Now this is the proper way to handle being pissed! Glad youā€™re sticking around. If it were me I would leave the car as is and drop it off at Denver Ford. Let them mess with the problem theyā€™ve created and not give them any reason to think youā€™ve created the problem.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #28
dam you definitely have a good pro there, those are the guys i would gladly buy a six pack for to show my appreciation. as dave said earlier most now are about quantity and not quality.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #29
lol why i lost my top when i saw my car all shitty with broken plastic bits crushed under my hood [nono]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #30
Or you could take it back and call Ford Customer Care to get it fixed correctly.
THIS will be my backup plan for sure, but i will take their offer to have my car fixed at the denver ford for now and see how that goes and i will leave the car as it is like you guys suggested

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
My mechanic at my Ford must be an all star since he did the recall in 5.3hrs and installed my mountune radiator in another 2hrs and all in one day

This is what it should take.

My car went to the largest dealer in the world (they say) and I had to wait for parts.
You would think that with a recall campaign this large and the largest dealer they would have the all parts in stock.

Dave

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have a 2010 Ford Focus it was my first new car. I took that car in for the window seals on the outside becoming pinched in the windows, and also a tear in the seat by the height adjustment handle. Well the service advisor was extremely rude to me instantly. A week or so later I dropped the car off but when I to come pick it up all the windows were covered in greasy fingerprints on both sides okay whatever it's very hot out I say to myself. I ended up having an issue with one of the trim pieces breaking off, and the work they did to my seat messed it up. The service advisor refused to do anything because he could tell I had removed the door panels, and he wanted to know why I would do that. I told him I was just checking the speakers out and I only removed one door panel. He did not care he refused to address the broken trim pieces, and told me he did not care about people who did not bring the car up there for service. I was in school for automotive repair at the time why would I pay someone to change the oil? Anyway I wrote letters to Ford even emails nothing. About a year later I get a email letting me know they have a new service manager and to contact him with any past problems you may have had. I took the car up there He got my seat fixed, and the trim pieces replaced and got me a rental car. So I understand your pain. Anyway the service manager told me they had cleaned up shop. The service advisory that treated me like a dog was no longer employed there. This is why people hate dealerships. service departments should work off of an hourly wage, or salary no bonuses for upselling.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a 2010 Ford Focus it was my first new car. I took that car in for the window seals on the outside becoming pinched in the windows, and also a tear in the seat by the height adjustment handle. Well the service advisor was extremely rude to me instantly. A week or so later I dropped the car off but when I to come pick it up all the windows were covered in greasy fingerprints on both sides okay whatever it's very hot out I say to myself. I ended up having an issue with one of the trim pieces breaking off, and the work they did to my seat messed it up. The service advisor refused to do anything because he could tell I had removed the door panels, and he wanted to know why I would do that. I told him I was just checking the speakers out and I only removed one door panel. He did not care he refused to address the broken trim pieces, and told me he did not care about people who did not bring the car up there for service. I was in school for automotive repair at the time why would I pay someone to change the oil? Anyway I wrote letters to Ford even emails nothing. About a year later I get a email letting me know they have a new service manager and to contact him with any past problems you may have had. I took the car up there He got my seat fixed, and the trim pieces replaced and got me a rental car. So I understand your pain. Anyway the service manager told me they had cleaned up shop. The service advisory that treated me like a dog was no longer employed there. This is why people hate dealerships. service departments should work off of an hourly wage, or salary no bonuses for upselling.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
100% agreed! Goes with every garage......[clap]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
This is what it should take.

My car went to the largest dealer in the world (they say) and I had to wait for parts.
You would think that with a recall campaign this large and the largest dealer they would have the all parts in stock.

Dave
my dealer's pretty quick - even when it takes 2-3 trips to fix an issue the actual hands-on time is quicker than most other dealers ;P