Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who's considering Ranger Raptor?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Anyone cosidering getting the Ranger Raptor when it comes out?[hihi]

U.S. model of the little Raptor to be powered by Ford’s 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6, with outputs expected to be around 335 horsepower and 380 lb-ft.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I really miss the 2000’s ones. Perfect size for a “dude that does things” without being a fuel hog or too big to park. And the late 90’s I think plain Jane Toyota pickups. Just damned good at truckin’

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Don't think I will be buying another ford product after how they no lubed alot of their car customers.The fiST was my First new ford and probably my last.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I have an 01 b4000 4x4 as a winter beater. Personally I love the size. And the fact that it is a beater. I could never load up and abuse a new $60k truck.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I don't have the money$$$ without going broke. Trucks cost to much for the average man. The bed is to short as well.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I may snag a Ranger but not the Raptor. it will probably be a $20k premium over a base Ranger and I would want it as a "sport" truck not an off-road truck. I really want one of these in regular cab 2wd.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Don't think I will be buying another ford product after how they no lubed alot of their car customers.The fiST was my First new ford and probably my last.

FiST is my first new Ford also. But I'm still on the fence whether it will be my last. I don't plan on getting rid of mine any time soon. We'll see what's on the market when that time comes.

Although I am considering a 4x4 in the not too distant future...I think though that it will be a used one. New cars are so high maintenance these days.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
That truck makes me wish I lived in a picturesque desert, but I just don't.

The concept is great and with the power output of the turbo V6 it seems like it will be fun to drive and be a capable off roader as well. I love smaller trucks and wish it was even a little more compact and lighter. And it would be great if it were offered in a regular or extended cab at a lesser price but I think only a 4 door? But I don't plan on getting one, they are going to be expensive I'll bet. If the full size Raptor is 75K, I'll bet this one will be 45-55K, way too expensive for me.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
This assumes there will be a Ranger Raptor in the US. Ford continually says the ROW gets the Ranger Raptor and the North America gets the F-150 Raptor. Of course, they would say that regardless of getting the Ranger one or not.

I was really thinking about a Ranger Raptor until the pricing came out for the regular Ranger. It didn't take too many options before it was nearing twice the price of my ST. That would put the Raptor version at or above $50k. Having paid cash for all my cars since 2005, going back to car payments and payments for a $50k vehicle doesn't sound appealing. Ford said this spring they are taking their products "up-market" and the pricing surely reflects that. I struggle trying to justify spending so much money on a Ford product.

SrsBsns

Switching gears a little bit, I'm excited for the return of the Bronco. That could be a cool alternative to something like the FJ, depending on how big they make it.

me32

1000 Post Club

Dont give up yet. The gas crunch is comming.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
...I struggle trying to justify spending so much money on a Ford product.
This statement pretty much sums up my opinion of Ford. The Fiesta ST was the perfect Ford for me. Everything else they make isn’t worth the depreciation that follows immediately after purchase.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This statement pretty much sums up my opinion of Ford. The Fiesta ST was the perfect Ford for me. Everything else they make isn’t worth the depreciation that follows immediately after purchase.
Your god Dam right....its not like the paint lasts longer....parts are better....best technology ie navigation.....stereo...etc

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Dont give up yet. The gas crunch is comming.
Next gas crunch will be covered with hybrids and electrics. Ford, and every other automaker, has addressed this a number of times. Plus, larger vehicles get better mileage than they did in 2008/2009 when the last push came for smaller cars. Consumers won't give up the room for a small car and will accept the mileage of their current large vehicle or move to the same size vehicle with hybrid or electric. The move back to low price small gas powered cars won't happen here. The next market move would be to large hybrid or electrics not to small gas cars. Also with a strong economy, consumers don't feel much pain at the pump and don't mind taking a mortgage out on their massive SUV or truck. Even if gas prices take a big jump, as long as the economy stays strong, it will do little to change consumer habits. If anything, I would see people parking their vehicles and using ride sharing/hailing to get over the gas price jump. When the largest consumer demographic is having kids and demands the room of a large vehicle, there will be no market shift to downsize back to small cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Next gas crunch will be covered with hybrids and electrics. Ford, and every other automaker, has addressed this a number of times. Plus, larger vehicles get better mileage than they did in 2008/2009 when the last push came for smaller cars. Consumers won't give up the room for a small car and will accept the mileage of their current large vehicle or move to the same size vehicle with hybrid or electric. The move back to low price small gas powered cars won't happen here. The next market move would be to large hybrid or electrics not to small gas cars. Also with a strong economy, consumers don't feel much pain at the pump and don't mind taking a mortgage out on their massive SUV or truck. Even if gas prices take a big jump, as long as the economy stays strong, it will do little to change consumer habits. If anything, I would see people parking their vehicles and using ride sharing/hailing to get over the gas price jump. When the largest consumer demographic is having kids and demands the room of a large vehicle, there will be no market shift to downsize back to small cars.
SAD, but true. [:(]