Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto j line bolt on FEELER

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

Izzy

I used HPS silicone couplers as well, but for those with IC pipes there's no need to trim the silicone elbows.

Very nice job CM. You have no idea how much this makes me want to buy a J-line. When the time comes, I'll be using your brackets.

J2FoRS

Sorry to be the noob. But I've been following this.

Could you maybe list the items that ARE necessary other than the bracket? I've been looking for an IC and the J-line is quite inexpensive but their message on their site of "Do not buy this if you are not mechanically inclined" kinda thing made me walk away before. The write up by mrdabbs makes this seem like quite a simple install now...but I just don't know all the extra parts/costs involved when you speak of X amount of t clamps, couplers etc.
Also, are you actually working on a way to flip the IC?

Thanks in advance.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #89
hey [MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] the intercooler install is pretty straight foward. modbargains.com sells the intercooler with all the options needed to install. you would select the following. obviously with your choice of color. but that's a great deal for $340 shipped give or take a few bucks. I sell my bracket for $75 shipped. so you would have a complete bolt on intercooler kit for $415 or so.

Specify Black or Silver : Mishimoto J-Line FMIC Silver (MMINT-UJ)
Optional 2.5in 90* Coupler : Black (2qty MMCP-2590BK) (+$26.00)
T-Bolt Clamps [4x] : 3in T-Bolt Clamp (MMCLAMP-30 qty 4 (+$12.00)
Aluminum 2.5in Joiners : Alum 2.5in Joiner Coupler (2QTY VIBRANT 12052) (+$16.00)
Shipping : Ground w/in USA - $30

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #90
Sorry to be the noob. But I've been following this.

Could you maybe list the items that ARE necessary other than the bracket? I've been looking for an IC and the J-line is quite inexpensive but their message on their site of "Do not buy this if you are not mechanically inclined" kinda thing made me walk away before. The write up by mrdabbs makes this seem like quite a simple install now...but I just don't know all the extra parts/costs involved when you speak of X amount of t clamps, couplers etc.
Also, are you actually working on a way to flip the IC?

Thanks in advance.
hey [MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] the intercooler install is pretty straight foward. modbargains.com sells the intercooler with all the options needed to install. you would select the following. obviously with your choice of color. but that's a great deal for $340 shipped give or take a few bucks. I sell my bracket for $75 shipped. so you would have a complete bolt on intercooler kit for $415 or so.

Aluminum 2.5in Joiners : Alum 2.5in Joiner Coupler (2QTY VIBRANT 12052) (+$16.00)

J2FoRS

Oh okay so the things they list are actually all that's required. That's what I was looking at. I guess I was just confused by people saying they used 4" silicon couplers instead of the 2.5" offered there?

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #92
Oh okay so the things they list are actually all that's required. That's what I was looking at. I guess I was just confused by people saying they used 4" silicon couplers instead of the 2.5" offered there?
there saying that just to give yourself some more room to work with. the 2.5 couplers that mishimoto sells are a really tight 90 degree. as far as the 4", there meaning its 4" before the 90 degree turn. so that would give you plenty of wiggle room to trim the couplers.

Just bought my mount and Intercooler for $389 including shipping, couplers, and clamps. Can't beat that price for a bolt-on Intercooler setup.. Thanks CMbuildz!

J2FoRS

there saying that just to give yourself some more room to work with. the 2.5 couplers that mishimoto sells are a really tight 90 degree. as far as the 4", there meaning its 4" before the 90 degree turn. so that would give you plenty of wiggle room to trim the couplers.
Okay thanks,
And about the M side being maybe possible?

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #97
Okay thanks,
And about the M side being maybe possible?
It's possible to flip it ... The only thing is the "m" would be upside down... The j line only comes with mounting holes on one side of the intercooler.. But if the interested is there I'm open to a revise