Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TurboEd

I've seen a few people's numbers that were tuned by Randy already, and they weren't that high with more hardware and less temperature? Is that what you wanted me to say?

Lol. Feel free to post datalogs though.

Hi dyn085 our advantage down in PR is Puma 93 gas it is really good for tuning, check out my dyno run tuned by Randy @101 F still got 303 torque. Its the Puma Gas.

I own both ST's and am well aware of how they stack up to each other. If you 'bit the shit' out of a stage 1 FoST then he probably wasn't trying very hard-especially if you're on the stock DP.
Hi dyn085 our advantage down in PR is Puma 93 gas it is really good for tuning, check out my dyno run tuned by Randy @101 F still got 303 torque. Its the Puma Gas.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Edit: n/m, I didn't realize that this was a different poster.

My sad numbers

164 HP ~230 Torque
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Cobb FMIC
No intake upgrade yet since most proved to lose power
93 octane
Cobb Stage 2

Using DynoTech which reads notoriously low. I think the hp was around 183 when corrected to dynojet numbers.

Has anyone had such low numbers? On the way out to my friends shop (300 miles), my car went into limp mode twice. I just updated to the new Cobb maps and it was cold out. The only thing I would guess is the PSI spiked too high and went into safety mode[lockdance]. No thrown codes and ran normal after reflashing. Anyway, we threw it on the dyno before bed just to see what it would do. I didn't give it anytime to relearn the maps, which probably didn't help but it is what it is. This is really just a baseline but I was hoping for something better.

RED stock tune vs GREEN Stage 2 tune
party.jpg

I'll be diving into a pro tune from him after a dp and possibly a larger turbo. Honestly, the power doesn't feel that low so it may have just been a fluke under these bad conditions.

JasonHaven

I did a dyno yesterday, 160 stock, 165 for stage two, only mod is a cp-e intercooler. So, no you're not alone. Some dynos read low haha. Anyways for me it's not the peak numbers but rather the percentages gained... I gained like 35-40? lbft of torque in the low end, and 5-10hp there as well. Working on getting some numbers to Adam for tuning as well :)

DynoJet 59-60F degrees according to iPhone,

Bone stock except resonator delete.

180.68whp , torque reading was broken but based on online converters should be around 200-215wtq.

JasonHaven

Forgot to post my dyno from a while back:

Dyno Chart_1280px.png

Mods: Cobb drop in filter, CP-E Intercooler

Tune: Stock, vs OTS Stage 2 vs Tune+ baseline (before revisions)

I plan on getting a new chart with my next set of upgrades in the new year (sparkplugs, IWG, intake and maybe charge pipes)

masonsturbos

Has a cat back exhaust proven actual gains over stock exhaust?
I have a cat less dp and a res delete and I like the sound, would I need to spend 400-600 bucks on an exhaust for other than sound?

JasonHaven

Has a cat back exhaust proven actual gains over stock exhaust?
I have a cat less dp and a res delete and I like the sound, would I need to spend 400-600 bucks on an exhaust for other than sound?
MAP/Adam put together dynos that says their cat back exhaust shows gains with the stock turbo, but is the only one to have made that claim from what I can see. Though when he mated with a downpipe, I think they ended up losing power... I'll have to track down the post. (or maybe tagging [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] will get them to comment ;))

I'll have the opportunity to do a before after with the exhaust once I order it/install it later this year.

Unfortunately when I parted ways with MAPerformance they deleted my FTP login and host. So all the pictures/data on the development threads I wrote for them are all gone.

A 2.5" catback and a stock downpipe yielded the most gains. When the exhaust was moved up to a 3" it immediately lost power. If you put on a downpipe with the 2.5" catback it immediately lost power again.

I can get really technical and make this really long but I just don't have the time right now as I'm neck deep in product development and tuning. If you go through all my post I have made (click on my account) you will see me explain it a few times on other post.

The factory downpipe should not be upgraded until you have a turbo upgrade on the car.

Siestarider

My experience with Cobb S3 (mountune air box, Cobb IC, 2J DP) was that stock exhaust vs MBRP 3" exhaust made no difference when I logged stock, MBRP, then stock again. VD says 200 hp and 244 lbs torque with both cat backs.

On the other hand, Cobb's S3 v 220, loaded couple months ago when I was customizing the 3" exhaust, logged + 5 hp and +20 lbs torque on Virtual Dyno. Only change was Cobb's new S3 tune.

Since I have not put the stock exhaust back on since then, I have no apples to apples to offer. Have not seen anyone else report performance gain with Cobb's OTS V220. Driveability definitely better, and I was surprised to pick up power.

Tucker performance I know the guy who owns it and I was very surprised/skeptical ofor the numbers but I have seen other cars that make realistic numbers on the same dyno

I bought the car 2 weeks ago and wanted to get a baseline and decide if it is worth it to me to get the mp215 or cobb ap and other bolt ons

Siestarider

Update: My bad, I forgot to correct for ambient temp and barometric pressure on the VDyno logs that showed me an increase in power using Cobb S3 V220 tune. When I corrected I was right back to "normal" 200 hp and 244 torque.

so stage 3 without downpipe etuned you see more whp the full stage 3 etuned? I'm pissed because I spent money on the dp and installation just to hear not only do I not gain power but I lose 10whp...whats that all about?

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Just got a dyno baseline last week. I decided to go with a Livernois Motorsports tune a while back and have been getting updated tunes as I have added more bolt ons. I'm probably going to try an AP with data log tuning in the future. Here are my mods and my results.

Livernois Motorsports 91 octane tune, MAP intercooler, Mountune full induction upgrade, Mountune Sport CAT downpipe, Mountune lower charge pipe, Mountune symposer delete, resonator delete

BRIAN1_TQ.jpeg