Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

There are 52 pages to look through this thread. It would be nice if someone can help me out.

I never bought the car with NAV but apparently some people like me that have NO NAV got maps to work on their displays. is that so? if so can someone save me the time and link the full instructions pleaseeee

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #522
There are 52 pages to look through this thread. It would be nice if someone can help me out.

I never bought the car with NAV but apparently some people like me that have NO NAV got maps to work on their displays. is that so? if so can someone save me the time and link the full instructions pleaseeee
The update you need is based on what your car came with from the factory. So if your car came equipped with navigation then you need that update, if it didn't come with it then you need the "no nav" update.

The update you need is based on what your car came with from the factory. So if your car came equipped with navigation then you need that update, if it didn't come with it then you need the "no nav" update.
[MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] would you be able to link me the instructions for the "no nav" update please? i've went through 15 pages within this thread so far without any luck of finding full directions lol. (but looks like ima have to sacrifice my SD card input and the AUX) ?

[MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] would you be able to link me the instructions for the "no nav" update please? i've went through 15 pages within this thread so far without any luck of finding full directions lol. (but looks like ima have to sacrifice my SD card input and the AUX) ?
Once you download and unzip the update. Inside the folder there is a read me file. It tells you step by step what to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Once you download and unzip the update. Inside the folder there is a read me file. It tells you step by step what to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Im so dumb I was looking for the link somewhere within thread but it was on page 1 all this time lol. Fail.

So I started reading the READ ME file. First and foremost thing I need to check my version. I will attach the picture of the version I have. Please advise me if i am looking at the wrong thing.

Attachments

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #527
You need to know which Sync version you have, which doesn't seem to be on that screen. Do you own a Focus? Doesn't look like a 2016 FiST Sync3 screen.

efbld2f

It works! 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid. I ran the non-nav and had no issues.

FYI, I need to be hard wired in Charging mode with my Galaxy S7 Edge to get maps to display on Sync 3.

Great work. Thank you.

FYI, I need to be hard wired in Charging mode with my Galaxy S7 Edge to get maps to display on Sync 3.

Great work. Thank you.
Glad it works for. :( My 2015 fiesta ST doesn't qualify for this install

Wish I would have done this update sooner. I have no problems with getting it to work when getting in the car. I have AA setup to start when connected to sync Bluetooth. Pandora will not play automatically or it'll stop right after pushing play, but that usually happens before I can put it into gear.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #534

Great work. Thank you.
Looks like you're in my backyard, awesome!

Unfortunately (for now) AndroidAuto and CarPlay require direct connection.

2016 Fiesta ST, downloaded the files as explained in the beginning of this topic. To be safe used two new thumb drives. One for each file for the non-nav version. My Fiesta came with no Nav. The thumb drives used were each 16gb. Turned on the car, inserted the 1st thumb drive and download started immediately. Took about 20min to complete. Removed thumb drive when it finished. Turned off car, waited about 5 min. Turned car back on inserted second thumb drive and again immediately started downloading automatically. When completed, turned off car. Turned car back on and everything appeared as normal except the version now displayed version 2.2. I have an iPhone, plugged in into hub and nothing happened. As stated in the forum I knew I needed a new USB hub. Ordered one from eBay, arrived today. Removed old hub and installed new one. Plugged in phone to new hub and boom! Immediately activated Apple car play. Works perfect! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Fiesta ST, downloaded the files as explained in the beginning of this topic. To be safe used two new thumb drives. One for each file for the non-nav version. My Fiesta came with no Nav. The thumb drives used were each 16gb. Turned on the car, inserted the 1st thumb drive and download started immediately. Took about 20min to complete. Removed thumb drive when it finished. Turned off car, waited about 5 min. Turned car back on inserted second thumb drive and again immediately started downloading automatically. When completed, turned off car. Turned car back on and everything appeared as normal except the version now displayed version 2.2. I have an iPhone, plugged in into hub and nothing happened. As stated in the forum I knew I needed a new USB hub. Ordered one from eBay, arrived today. Removed old hub and installed new one. Plugged in phone to new hub and boom! Immediately activated Apple car play. Works perfect! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Can you send me the link or post what USB hub u got need to order one

jonv

I did the 1st and worked fine, the 2nd said out of memory or wrong version. I tried reformatting, downloading again and unzipping to reformatted drive and got the same error the 2nd try. I have sync 3 without nav and it say's that I still have version 1.0.
Thanks for any help.

I did the 1st and worked fine, the 2nd said out of memory or wrong version. I tried reformatting, downloading again and unzipping to reformatted drive and got the same error the 2nd try. I have sync 3 without nav and it say's that I still have version 1.0.
Thanks for any help.
If your using the same thumb drive for the 2nd download. Try another thumb drive that has never been used. I got that same message on my 1st attempt using a thumbdrive I had laying around that I deleted all files from. Didn't work.. bought two cheap new thumb drives to put files on separate and worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts