Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

Yeah mine is borked. Keeps asking to update via wifi on every start up. I'd avoid updating to this. From what I understand I'm fucked now, can't downgrade.

Yeah mine is borked. Keeps asking to update via wifi on every start up. I'd avoid updating to this. From what I understand I'm fucked now, can't downgrade.
What happens when you try to re-install the previous version?

Okay, I updated my software from Sync3 1.0 to Sync3 2.2 on Fiesta ST 2016. Everything updated just fine and navigation came back after a couple of restarts. I have purchased the part listed in the first post to be able to use apple carplay. I updated my software straight from the owners website at ford. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/your-vehicle.html. My upgraded usb hub won't be here until next week sometime so I will update when I have more information.

Okay, I updated my software from Sync3 1.0 to Sync3 2.2 on Fiesta ST 2016. Everything updated just fine and navigation came back after a couple of restarts. I have purchased the part listed in the first post to be able to use apple carplay. I updated my software straight from the owners website at ford. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/your-vehicle.html. My upgraded usb hub won't be here until next week sometime so I will update when I have more information.
All worked just fine. I am fully updated and my iPhone works perfectly with apple carplay.

Just replaced the USB hub with the new part. Now my non-nav Sync works perfect with carplay! Changing the hub was simple. I used a 2" putty knife to slip under the rear facing edge. Just a little pressure and the hub popped right out. Took maybe 2 minutes total.

borborpa

Premium Account
I installed the Sync 3 3.0 update this week successfully. The only weird this was it kept switching to night mode, and was asking to check for updates. A master reset fixed all that.

I installed the Sync 3 3.0 update this week successfully. The only weird this was it kept switching to night mode, and was asking to check for updates. A master reset fixed all that.
Nav or non Nav? My non nav asks to connect to Wi-Fi on every startup. Reset doesn't fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=8866]borborpa[/MENTION] - I assume this has not yet been released on official channel (owner.ford.com) for Fiesta ST? I'm still seeing the 2.2 update... or is this done incrementally and I have to install and confirm 2.2 before 3.x will show ?

borborpa

Premium Account
Nav or non Nav? My non nav asks to connect to Wi-Fi on every startup. Reset doesn't fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mine is non-nav. Mine only asked for WiFi once.

[MENTION=8866]borborpa[/MENTION] - I assume this has not yet been released on official channel (owner.ford.com) for Fiesta ST? I'm still seeing the 2.2 update... or is this done incrementally and I have to install and confirm 2.2 before 3.x will show ?
Definitely unofficial.