Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looks like Stratified must be swamped with version update orders: Taking almost 2 weeks now and update pricing is doubled

Trader history for danbfree (0)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Nothing against Stratified, they are easily the best bang for the buck tune out there that allows you to ala carte the options you need and get a great tune for as little as $50... But for those who got a tune from them before May 12th, when version 4.0 (final) came out, you now need to pay a $50 instead of $25 version update fee... Also, the limited 15 psi max map option that used to be free to include is now $5. It's a matter of supply and demand, I understand this but just an FYI to those who haven't ordered their update yet, it was only $25 the 2 weeks after version 4.0 came out, but obviously they are VERY busy as I'm now at almost 2 weeks since I placed my order... Highly recommend these guys, just be patient while they are busy!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Nothing against Stratified, they are easily the best bang for the buck tune out there that allows you to ala carte the options you need and get a great tune for as little as $50... But for those who got a tune from them before May 12th, when version 4.0 (final) came out, you now need to pay a $50 instead of $25 version update fee... Also, the limited 15 psi max map option that used to be free to include is now $5. It's a matter of supply and demand, I understand this but just an FYI to those who haven't ordered their update yet, it was only $25 the 2 weeks after version 4.0 came out, but obviously they are VERY busy as I'm now at almost 2 weeks since I placed my order... Highly recommend these guys, just be patient while they are busy!
Watch yourself - they stopped tuning my car when I stated I wasn’t so happy with how long it took for tune revisions.

They know what they’re doing but they’re slow... and they don’t want to hear it.

We have been busy with the latest tune version release, the time window of 2-5 business days is still the norm. If you've been waiting longer than that let me know. Don't worry...We would rather hear if you've been waiting outside that window.

Watch yourself - they stopped tuning my car when I stated I wasn’t so happy with how long it took for tune revisions.

They know what they’re doing but they’re slow... and they don’t want to hear it.
I contacted them a few times when it had taken much longer than 2-5 days. Since then, response time on my revisions has been a bit better. First one took about 10 business days, but it's springtime and that seems to be when everyone gets their tuning done.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
We have been busy with the latest tune version release, the time window of 2-5 business days is still the norm. If you've been waiting longer than that let me know. Don't worry...We would rather hear if you've been waiting outside that window.
I know you guys been busy, and I JUST got my email, so total of about 10 days including 2 weekends, we're all good and I'm happy, thanks!

In regards to the pricing change - we are finding that we have to rebuild the tunes for all the version updates from scratch as there are just too many things that have changed - also accounting for some of the longer wait times. We are working as fast as we can to get these out!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
In regards to the pricing change - we are finding that we have to rebuild the tunes for all the version updates from scratch as there are just too many things that have changed - also accounting for some of the longer wait times. We are working as fast as we can to get these out!
That's TOTALLY fair, looks like you guys changed the tune up a lot and people are universally saying that it is an excellent upgrade! I truly cannot recommend your tune enough to people that don't want to drop $200 for a tune that's basically the same quality as you guys, not to disparage anyone, but you guys are a great value and deserve credit for that.

That's TOTALLY fair, looks like you guys changed the tune up a lot and people are universally saying that it is an excellent upgrade! I truly cannot recommend your tune enough to people that don't want to drop $200 for a tune that's basically the same quality as you guys, not to disparage anyone, but you guys are a great value and deserve credit for that.
Thank you for the kind and flattering words, I am very happy you're enjoying our tunes!

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
i'm pretty dang happy with my E30 tune but i guess i HAVE to upgrade. nobody can in good conscience run an outdated Stratified tune. :p

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I noticed that the file itself with no option changes went from 49KB to 52KB, so they are definitely increasing the amount of data involved for more fine tuning, this is NOT a simple minor update!

I've been very impressed so far with Stratified's responsiveness. They make it very easy to contact them, even directly through Facebook Messenger, and Tanner's response time is great.

When a company provides a great product at a great price, I'm willing to sacrifice on the time waited to receive it. Totally worth it!

I'll admit to not understanding how all of this works, but for people that don't have a customized tune (i.e. through data logging or whatever), can't you just send everyone with the same setup (e.g., an upgraded intercooler) the same tune with just their serial number punched into it? Why does anything have to be "rebuilt?"

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I last posted in this thread yesterday before leaving work with my new tune, i posted a quick review in another thread so let me repeat here: I have got to drive about 50 miles in varied conditions since: WOW, much more smooth and refined, VERY happy with the results! It is literally smoother and more powerful, it's definitely not juts a simple tweak, they added a lot of refinement... Not sure why their basic tune can't be simply OTS based on mods, I'm just glad the final results are worth the wait and now it sounds like they are getting a bit more caught up too, highly recommended to order this!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
SOOOOOOOO PC! Well done.

That said: Is this version THAT much better than the the older? Specifically, what is so outstanding? I've been perfectly happy with my Strat 93 over the last two years, but if the new 4.0 93 is faster and safer I will pay the $$$.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
SOOOOOOOO PC! Well done.

That said: Is this version THAT much better than the the older? Specifically, what is so outstanding? I've been perfectly happy with my Strat 93 over the last two years, but if the new 4.0 93 is faster and safer I will pay the $$$.
Not sure if intentionally snarky, I just wanted to revive the whole Stratified forum here and open communication with my thoughts, hope that's OK? Anyway, I'm glad I got in at only $25 upgrade cost, but honestly it feels like a whole new, better tune: More responsive, more refined, more power and considering it's their final revision ever, I say just get it over with so even for $50 I would say it's worth it...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

That happens when you harass someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Seriously, I just created this post for discussion, I love Stratified, there's nothing wrong with discussing their wait times at the moment, especially when the update is actually REALLY good.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If voicing my opinion in a public forum is ‘harsssing’ then yep, totally guilty.

I never name called, never spoke poorly about the product or the people, just the lead times.

Just like the post you quoted - someone is having the same experience regarding lead times and I posted my experience.