Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird Knocking Sound

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It is likely there was a misunderstanding, and they provided a quote for doing engine work, as opposed to dash.

OP
O
Thread Starter #23
It is likely there was a misunderstanding, and they provided a quote for doing engine work, as opposed to dash.
While I appreciate your optimism, I told them specifically to quote replacing the blend door actuator, which is what they described in the voice mail message. I any event, I adhere to the philosophy, "Trust everyone, and then cut the cards". :)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
While I appreciate your optimism, I told them specifically to quote replacing the blend door actuator, which is what they described in the voice mail message. I any event, I adhere to the philosophy, "Trust everyone, and then cut the cards". :)
Well I hope you run, and run very fast. Are you could just pay somebody on this form $1,899 to do it for you [emoji39].

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Did you actually take the car in, or did you just call them stating "wierd knocking sound". (knock for most people means engine)

OP
O
Thread Starter #26
Did you actually take the car in, or did you just call them stating "wierd knocking sound". (knock for most people means engine)
Yes, I took the car in a few weeks ago, and one of their techs looked at it. In fact, he showed me exactly where the blend door actuator is. I referenced this when I called for the quote. There's no doubt in my mind that they know it is for the blend door actuator.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
So they called you by phone and specifically mentioned "blend door actuator" and "$1900" ?

zanethan

Well I hope you run, and run very fast. Are you could just pay somebody on this form $1,899 to do it for you [emoji39].

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I'll do it for $1000! That's a steal of a deal for the OP.

In all seriousness you can do this yourself in about an hour. Tons of how-to's on the subject. Stay far away from the dealership!

OP
O
Thread Starter #29
I had an appointment with the local dealer, the one who quoted me $1900 over the phone but somehow had no recollection of it. In the meantime I checked with another (larger) dealer, and they quoted me $175. So I took the car to dealer #2, and after a 2½ hour wait, my car is good as new; i.e.: no more Woody the Woodpecker under the dash. [wink]
Yes, I probably could have done it myself, but at age 70 and with trifocals, under-dash work is less than pleasant.

Thank you again to everyone for their guidance. [8D]

dmb

being 65, 6'1'' 259.3 lbs this morning, i'd kick it out too. i would hate to call 911 to get my fatazz unstuck, i could die in their. being i bearly fit the proper way. so i'm giving you a like on that one for saving my life thank's Bro.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Although I too would not do this repair myself.
I would think that it may be easer to remove the driver's front seat to gain access.
This would only take a few minuets and you wouldn't need to be a contortionist to get under the dash.

Dave