Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New tune version 4.0 available!

Trader history for danbfree (0)

Yippeee. Finally got three clean logs in third gear (fourth gear is way to dangerous where I am). The tune refinement is for the E30 only, correct? If that's the case I can mail them in now. Otherwise I would have to wait to do some logging on my 93 tune.

Thanks everybody!

George

redmoe

Yippeee. Finally got three clean logs in third gear (fourth gear is way to dangerous where I am). The tune refinement is for the E30 only, correct? If that's the case I can mail them in now. Otherwise I would have to wait to do some logging on my 93 tune.

Thanks everybody!

George
Yes the refinement is only for e30. You will really like the refined version.

Thanks for posting danbfree; this has been in the works for some time so I hope you guys enjoy the improvements. Also for those who have the 3.10 tune and want to just add the features of the new tune without changing anything else, there is the $25 version update and we will rebuild the tune to the newest spec.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=671

If you want features changed or have new parts installed since your last flash tune, the mod update is needed.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=298
I ordered my version update today--no changes--just the new version. The price has is now $50 for updating to the new version 4.0, not $25. Oh well.

Last edited:

LILIKE16ST

I ordered my v4 update with e30 high torque option Monday may 21 and received an email about the datalog for the e30 high torque on Wednesday the 23rd and I have not received anything since. It is now June 5th I'm starting to wonder what is up I think I'll give them a call today I can't understand why it would take this long even with the holiday considered

redmoe

I spoke with them on the phone yesterday and they are super busy. I am still a little confused about the order of process for the high torque. It seems you can either get the baseline log with either the V3.1 or V4. Last me you I received the log request before a v4 file. I performed the logs and received a high torque file the still had v3.1 in the file name. Just yesterday I confirmed over the phone that the high torque v3.1 was actually a v4 that had a typo in the file name.

Due to the confusion with my file names a different tuner set me a V4 file and asked me to start the data logs over. Funny enough the V4 file had the high torque updates from my previous high torque misnamed file.

Anyway now that I have everything sorted I sent in my final logs on the high torque V4.

I would collect the logs in your existing tune and still call them to confirm that they want those files first.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #127
I ordered my version update today--no changes--just the new version. The price has is now $50 for updating to the new version 4.0, not $25. Oh well.
Yeah, I created a new thread about that but it really does feel like a whole new tune, smoother whole more powerful too. The guys just ordering Stratified now for the first time are getting amazing value, but still worth it!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #128
I ordered my v4 update with e30 high torque option Monday may 21 and received an email about the datalog for the e30 high torque on Wednesday the 23rd and I have not received anything since. It is now June 5th I'm starting to wonder what is up I think I'll give them a call today I can't understand why it would take this long even with the holiday considered
And they don't celebrate that holiday either, but they are very busy with so man people jumping on this new version alone but with the new high torque e30 tune option also adding more to just how busy they are.. At least you have an e30 version 4.0 for now, but yeah, 2 weeks for a datalog revision is showing just how busy they are!

It was mentioned by Alex in the other thread: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/17450-Looks-like-Stratified-must-be-swamped-with-version-update-orders-Taking-almost-2-weeks-now-and-update-pricing-is-doubled?p=302988&viewfull=1#post302988, appears there is more work than originally through to update your map to the newer version, thus the pricing change.

LILIKE16ST

And they don't celebrate that holiday either, but they are very busy with so man people jumping on this new version alone but with the new high torque e30 tune option also adding more to just how busy they are.. At least you have an e30 version 4.0 for now, but yeah, 2 weeks for a datalog revision is showing just how busy they are!
Actually I was on my original e30 v3.1 I sent datalogs for that...good news is I got my updated tune today...they sent me the new v4.0 and increased torque (high torque option it assume) as well as adjusted boost and added timing because I was showing positive corrections across the board and +3 across the board from like 5000 on. I was surprised I received it all at once. I uploaded it and took it for a drive it definately feels better all around and feels more powerful..it seems to pull harder throughout the entire powerband. I wanna get some new logs in 65ish degree weather if possible in 4th gear and see if there's any changes on vdyno and check out the datalog info. I was able to pull 208 whp and 279 wtq in 64 degree weather early one morning on the way to work with my original e30 flash. Humidity was like 95%. I beleive the info I entered was pretty accurate as well. I'm going to do similar logs with the new tune soon and see what kind of changes I see but on the butt dyno it definately pulls harder all the way through and it does seem to have more torque as well noticeably so. Well see if vdyno backs that up.

*edit* the reason I sent logs on the original v3.1 is because I purchased a datalog refinement for it couple months back and hadn't sent logs yet...the email said the changes made were new v4.0 increased torque adjusted boost and added timing. I wonder if I need to send another datalog for the final refinement or of that was all already done at once like it appears to be? I was under the impression I'd need to datalog v4.0 to receive the high torque revision but maybe that isn't the case

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #131
Actually I was on my original e30 v3.1 I sent datalogs for that...good news is I got my updated tune today...they sent me the new v4.0 and increased torque (high torque option it assume) as well as adjusted boost and added timing because I was showing positive corrections across the board and +3 across the board from like 5000 on. I was surprised I received it all at once. I uploaded it and took it for a drive it definately feels better all around and feels more powerful..it seems to pull harder throughout the entire powerband. I wanna get some new logs in 65ish degree weather if possible in 4th gear and see if there's any changes on vdyno and check out the datalog info. I was able to pull 208 whp and 279 wtq in 64 degree weather early one morning on the way to work with my original e30 flash. Humidity was like 95%. I beleive the info I entered was pretty accurate as well. I'm going to do similar logs with the new tune soon and see what kind of changes I see but on the butt dyno it definately pulls harder all the way through and it does seem to have more torque as well noticeably so. Well see if vdyno backs that up.

*edit* the reason I sent logs on the original v3.1 is because I purchased a datalog refinement for it couple months back and hadn't sent logs yet...the email said the changes made were new v4.0 increased torque adjusted boost and added timing. I wonder if I need to send another datalog for the final refinement or of that was all already done at once like it appears to be? I was under the impression I'd need to datalog v4.0 to receive the high torque revision but maybe that isn't the case
Good deal man, sounds like they took your readings and applied them to the new tune, no need for new tuning logs for that as the readings they use would be the same anyway... And was that the AP estimated HP and torque or self datalogs put into vDyno?

felopr

so, for people who have done this upgrade, have any of you upgraded to aggressive throttle mapping? would like to see the difference

LILIKE16ST

Good deal man, sounds like they took your readings and applied them to the new tune, no need for new tuning logs for that as the readings they use would be the same anyway... And was that the AP estimated HP and torque or self datalogs put into vDyno?
This was vdyno and I feel my input were pretty accurate and road was flat. The est hp and tq I've heard are no longer acurate once tuned mine read like 181 and 260 going downhill and I know that isn't right lol.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #134
This was vdyno and I feel my input were pretty accurate and road was flat. The est hp and tq I've heard are no longer acurate once tuned mine read like 181 and 260 going downhill and I know that isn't right lol.
Yeah, you had a longer post with more info you deleted for some reason, but I also know that torque isn't accurate unless you use 4th gear as well... with my regular stage 1 car and Stratified 4.0 tune I actually hit 210 HP / 298 TQ this morning with 1/3 of tank of gas and at 60 degrees... BUT, that was max, not in 4th gear, heh...but yeah I need to find some time to run a vDyno log and see what I come out at.

LILIKE16ST

Yeah, you had a longer post with more info you deleted for some reason, but I also know that torque isn't accurate unless you use 4th gear as well... with my regular stage 1 car and Stratified 4.0 tune I actually hit 210 HP / 298 TQ this morning with 1/3 of tank of gas and at 60 degrees... BUT, that was max, not in 4th gear, heh...but yeah I need to find some time to run a vDyno log and see what I come out at.
Not sure what happened to the other post...I noticed it wasn't there so I reposted a shorter one lol. I've heard the est hp and tq isn't accurate after you're tuned regardless of what gear you're in or what the situation is. It can be quite a bit off. There are two other people I've seen with minor mods and strats e30 flash tune with pretty similar numbers to what mine were. Now that I'm revised with adjusted boost more timing and the additional torque from high tq I'd like to do another in similar conditions and see how they compare. The revised tune is better in every way and it is more powerful it pulls harder period and you can notice the additional torque as well. Weather you're just taking off in traffic or taking off after a turn while still in 3rd or 4th in the 3-4k range the car just goes...even more than it already did. I'd like to top 210 and 290 in the same conditions and anything beyond that is icing on the cake

*edit*

I'd like to note the power band I felt was pretty impressive as well and the curve is more important than peak numbers the car with more Ave power is gonna a be faster 9 out of 10 times. It did 200 or above on the q
208 whp run from 4k to 5700 and did 190 or above from like 3700-6500. It's not just about what it makes peak it's how flat the power curve is. Although the torque does fall off as it goes it was still doing 160 torque to the wheels at 6500 rpm that's more than most Hondas at their peak lol. It didn't call below 200 torque till close to 6. I think the powerband of this car is impressive that and the weight is what allows the car to be as quick as it is for the amount of power it bas

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #136
Not sure what happened to the other post...I noticed it wasn't there so I reposted a shorter one lol. I've heard the est hp and tq isn't accurate after you're tuned regardless of what gear you're in or what the situation is. It can be quite a bit off. There are two other people I've seen with minor mods and strats e30 flash tune with pretty similar numbers to what mine were. Now that I'm revised with adjusted boost more timing and the additional torque from high tq I'd like to do another in similar conditions and see how they compare. The revised tune is better in every way and it is more powerful it pulls harder period and you can notice the additional torque as well. Weather you're just taking off in traffic or taking off after a turn while still in 3rd or 4th in the 3-4k range the car just goes...even more than it already did. I'd like to top 210 and 290 in the same conditions and anything beyond that is icing on the cake

*edit*

I'd like to note the power band I felt was pretty impressive as well and the curve is more important than peak numbers the car with more Ave power is gonna a be faster 9 out of 10 times. It did 200 or above on the q
208 whp run from 4k to 5700 and did 190 or above from like 3700-6500. It's not just about what it makes peak it's how flat the power curve is. Although the torque does fall off as it goes it was still doing 160 torque to the wheels at 6500 rpm that's more than most Hondas at their peak lol. It didn't call below 200 torque till close to 6. I think the powerband of this car is impressive that and the weight is what allows the car to be as quick as it is for the amount of power it bas

Good input man, thanks... Yeah, I just wish that the turbo was a little bigger for a little more up top, but that's what hybrid upgrades are for I guess... But most definitely very impressed with the tune, completely agree it's smoother and more powerful in every way, it literally feels completely different, pretty amazing for a flash tune!

I got rev 1 of my tune back from Stratified for the HT E30 option and I'm loving it so far. There's nothing like watching the traction control light come on during a turbo blast while on level ground. Simply amazing.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #138
I got rev 1 of my tune back from Stratified for the HT E30 option and I'm loving it so far. There's nothing like watching the traction control light come on during a turbo blast while on level ground. Simply amazing.
Wouldn't know about the traction control light as I disable the Ford junk and use Sratified's... Now if you didn't order their option, you still get Cobb's by default when you go Sport mode, and I'd use that over Ford's any day.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Good input man, thanks... Yeah, I just wish that the turbo was a little bigger for a little more up top, but that's what hybrid upgrades are for I guess... But most definitely very impressed with the tune, completely agree it's smoother and more powerful in every way, it literally feels completely different, pretty amazing for a flash tune!
I did 207 whp and 279 wtq in 64 degree weather...today I did a 4th gear log I had to shut down at 5200 rpm because of traffic but I plugged it into vdyno and it was 83 degrees outside (20 degrees higher than my best run before) and was STILL able to pull 213 and 270. It had 213 at 5200 and climbed all the way there it could have possibly had more had I not let out...before it was peaking a little lower. in similar weather before I was doing just under 200 and 260. Weather can play a big role as most know. I was shocked to see 213 and 270 in 83 degree weather. I'm gonna do another when it's 60ish outside and see if I can break 220/290+. Despite the peak torque being slightly higher on the cooler run with the first flash tune and the hp in the lower rpm band being higher early on on the old run hp and torque both were higher on the newest run from 4700 rpm on despite being 20 degrees warmer. AFR are a little leaner now theyre hovering right around 12 or so and tapering off to high 11s up top. Before it was high 11s tapering to 11.2s or so by redline. I was shocked to say the least. I'm gonna try to get a good pull in similar weather and post these results. Mine was updated to 4.0 and I have the high torque option too. I'm very impressed with it....it's clearly churning out more power now vs the first flash in particular up top and it's enough to were it can be felt on the but dyno. I noticed it pulling better up top before I even did the vdyno it just confirmed what I was feeling. I am still getting 0 knock 0 negative corrections and positive corrections as high as 3 accross the board so I believe there's still room for more I must have some damn good fuel. I think I'm gonna do another datalog refinement lol