Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dave's 2014 OW build

Yeah, super nice guy! I'm glad I got the opportunity.
Yea we've been internet buddies for years - back to when we both had foST's. I've tried to do the drive to see him but colorado is a big detour from my yearly cruise to Cali from Canada haha. When he said Dave I was thinking it would be funny if it was you - turned out my hunch was correct haha

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #187
Yea we've been internet buddies for years - back to when we both had foST's. I've tried to do the drive to see him but colorado is a big detour from my yearly cruise to Cali from Canada haha. When he said Dave I was thinking it would be funny if it was you - turned out my hunch was correct haha
Haha nice. Yeah, that detour might be a little much. It's a beautiful drive though! I've known him for a while too. I bought his Tarmacs off his 3 series almost 2 years ago.

koozy

3000 Post Club
so what does the car have power train wise? what's going on under the hood?
Interesting that AutoTech is now pushing Wavetrac. Back in the '80s, '90s and perhaps 2000's they were the main Quaife US distributor.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #191
Interesting that AutoTech is now pushing Wavetrac. Back in the '80s, '90s and perhaps 2000's they were the main Quaife US distributor.
Pretty much the only thing the car doesn't have is a built motor or LSD, oh and it's on stock fuel. It's running the Mountune MRX turbo, which I actully really like. Currently the car's tune kinda sucks because it's from Colorado(high altitude). As soon as the title gets here, I'll be able to get it registered and retuned for 91 and e30. I think I'm going to stick with this turbo, it fits the car really well and is pretty nutty in the canyons.

Interesting. I was originally going to go with a Quaife, but it seems like the Wavetrac is the better option, I'm not certain on that though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I remember back in the early 80s to early 90s that they were EXCLUSIVELY water cooled VDub (I had an A1 GTI, and an A2 GTI 16V), along with Techtonics Tuning, and IF you had bill Gates type coin, Oettinger.

I am kind of surprised that they released a diff for OUR rides, but then they also did one for the Ford 9" axle as well, so maybe it's not so strange. ;)

koozy

3000 Post Club
I believe Ron's Parts in Canada was the main Oettinger and ABT goat. I got a 2.2L Oettinger 16V short block with a beautiful Oettinger crank from him when no vendor in the US was importing them for public consumption.

Dave, you need to post more photos of your new car. Show it off [8D] I'm not too familiar with it, don't think the previous owner was too active here.