Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed a brand new crack into my windshield, guessing theres no way this is covered under warranty or premium maintenance plan, is it? [emoji854]
Premium plan? Probably. But they all suck so much these days...

Read your copy before you call them. You just need to fix that crack.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I still cant believe how much that brace helped my car. Seems like it pulls so much straighter and true under wot. Even in first gear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You're in Cali so it won't impact you. Based on that photo, the ends are going to collect water and road salt. If one attempts to seal that and is inadequate, it's going to permanently trap water in there.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed a brand new crack into my windshield, guessing theres no way this is covered under warranty or premium maintenance plan, is it? [emoji854]
Make sure they use OE glass....the Ford soundproof.....all the aftermarket glass companies use cheap Chinese stuff that reflects the Sun differently than OE Ford glass....I shit you not.... When I got my glass on my Typhoon Replaced a while back....The body shop owner showed me how it differs.....If you have glass coverage....they will cover it once. Then the next time it happens it's on you....FYI. I Got OE glass for the Phoon....glad I did! I can tell the Difference in other people's cars if I'm riding in them now also.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
That happened like two weeks after my brand new purchase! Truck fired a tiny bullet at the lower middle. Had two rock chips, one much worse in my prior Ford's windshield; one near the edge and the other near the middle and neither ever spread. So I left this alone on the Fiesta. It began to spread within a few weeks or so. It's only the outer glass layer. The inner is fine. I'll be replacing it soon as warranty is (curiously) pointing to this crack on the outer layer as a source for water intrusion. I'll give'em the benefit of the doubt.

The part number is in the lower driver corner of the windshield. The windshield can be different depending on what options are included with the vehicle. So any old Fiesta windshield will not do.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have you tried a liberal coating of STA-BIL Rust Stopper on the underside of your vehicles? I've found that it works wonders. I imagine it would go a long way in that application as well. I spray down the underside and a few other choice locations on my car once or twice a year.
Just use WD40 or fluid film....both are breathable and just need re-application here and there. Dont believe me....read up on them both.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Let's see how e40 runs compared to the e30.
I assume stock turbo? Then really the gains pretty much max out at e20 or so (all an "e30" tune needs), but may as well run closer to actual e30 just to be safe. Dizzy has been tuning an X47R and just hit 308whp on e20 with full stock exhaust and fueling, which is easily the max power from the stock fueling anyway. May be anecdotal but I think it's more evidence it doesn't take much to max out stock turbos and hybrids, higher percentages of ethanol will make more of a difference running BT w/aux fuel.

Last edited:

brbauer2

Don't have to drive anywhere for a couple more hours, but she's sitting out in this cold right now [emoji3063]

Hope she starts [emoji1696]

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I would be thankful for the (mostly group 4/PAO base stock) Mobil 1 0W-20 EP currently in the sump of mine if I had to start her up in those current upper mid-western ambient temps! [crazyeye] [thumb]

Don't have to drive anywhere for a couple more hours, but she's sitting out in this cold right now [emoji3063]

Hope she starts [emoji1696]

You'll be ok...mine started up yesterday and today in sub zero temps with no issues BUT it rev'd around 1500 rpms for about 5 minutes before I drove away. [rockon]

P.S. I just realized there is a minus in front of the 34...[unbelieveable]

brbauer2

You'll be ok...mine started up yesterday and today in sub zero temps with no issues BUT it rev'd around 1500 rpms for about 5 minutes before I drove away. [rockon]

P.S. I just realized there is a minus in front of the 34...[unbelieveable]
34° is nothing.
-34° is something.
[emoji3063]

She fired right up all three times yesterday. Maybe an extra crank or two, but I was thoroughly surprised how smooth she was.

Running e30, 1-step colder plugs, and 0w30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
34° is nothing.
-34° is something.
[emoji3063]

She fired right up all three times yesterday. Maybe an extra crank or two, but I was thoroughly surprised how smooth she was.

Running e30, 1-step colder plugs, and 0w30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

I'm in Mpls. It was -30 the past couple nights with a wind chill of -50....car started right up and let it buck for about 15 minutes....drove like a champ!

Charged the o.e battery while my windows were getting tinted. Notice I was getting a slight slow crank because of the cold snap. Hoping to get one more year out of the factory battery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Mounted silver 16 x 7 Enkei RPF1s + 205/45/16 Conti ExtremeContact Sports today. Huge weight savings [rockon]

I'll be posting the black stockers for sale soon if anybody's interested; they'll be bare, no TPMS; local (SF Bay Area) sales preferred

Last edited:

Business6

Had to replace the battery entirely. A lot of the warning signs were there but I just didn't notice them and/or put them together. New battery has a bit more juice, so yay