Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any benefits of using Ethanol Free fuel?

you are lucky to have a choice. Ethanol should stay out of gas. Where i live ethanol free gas is very hard to find and very expensive (think $9/g). Ethanol is particularly bad for vintage cars where the rubber is not made to take it. At the end of the driving season i alway fill up with Ethanol free gas. in fact you can download a free App called pure gas. It gives you the location of the closest place that sells it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
93 Octane non ethanol is available here and all I use when at home. Mileage is about 10% better and my MP-215 runs best on it. On the hwy traveling I am stuck with ethanol. Cost difference is NOT made up with the increased mileage so no economical advantage to it.

dmb

ya, we got 10 refinery's all less than 10 miles of each other and we pay $3+ 6 months ago it was $4+for the cheep stuff. their is a Cracker unit less than 100 yards from my work. I swear I'm in a sea of hydrocarbons every day for the last 45 years. fuck me i'm afraid clean air will set me off and i'll die in 2 months like my friend did. better get my car back together so i can enjoy it

Butterybunz

Non-ethanol gas is more prone to knock and should really only be used for storing your car for long periods of time.