Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Euro Projector Headlights

I’m trying to find some euro headlights and not sure what everyone’s experience is with Ebay headlights, or if there is a retailer that sells oem headlights somewhere out there. Please let me know your findings. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m trying to find some euro headlights and not sure what everyone’s experience is with Ebay headlights, or if there is a retailer that sells oem headlights somewhere out there. Please let me know your findings. [emoji106]

Or you could search the Forum! Using the search button!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION]
You surprise me, I didn't know that you were into Metaphysics and Philosophy.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Dave

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION]
You surprise me, I didn't know that you were into Metaphysics and Philosophy.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Dave
Sometimes I suprise myself !

Last edited:
OP
JorJorBinks
Thread Starter #5
Lol yeah didn’t know there was a search function. My bad, I’ve been trying to use the Google. [emoji23][emoji2941]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lol yeah didn’t know there was a search function. My bad, I’ve been trying to use the Google. [emoji23][emoji2941]

Gross

Last edited:

XanRules

Whoosh sells the OEM ones. I'm not a big fan of the eBay ones. I haven't personally used the eBay lights in this car but the TYC lights haven't been good quality in previous cars that I've used them in. Cheap plastic and the lenses pit easily.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Let's play nice everyone.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey I was just saying to utilize the search button and promote critical thinking here! Something alot of people lack these days.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Whoosh sells the OEM ones. I'm not a big fan of the eBay ones. I haven't personally used the eBay lights in this car but the TYC lights haven't been good quality in previous cars that I've used them in. Cheap plastic and the lenses pit easily.
But there is also Depo, which I'm not sure you saw or not, I did end up ordering... I hear they are slightly more consistent quality than TYC... Although they say they are for LED bulbs in the listing, they look just like a clone of regular Euro LHD/RHT OEM headlights, which are obviously a halogen projector although I'm assuming it's OK to try HID in compared to reflectors? If I REALLY should upgrade the projectors, what can you tell me about doing them on Euro OEM replicas? As in, how do I know what projectors to get? The one good thing about aftermarket is they split far easier than OEM and if simply upgrading the projector, is that still called "retrofitting" technically, just colloquially or just called upgrading projectors? Which I take it should be pretty easy compared to full retrofitting?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Eh, not a fan of DEPO. My dad went through 5 sets of regular OEM style tail lights for his F150 and they all leaked water. He ended up just getting OEM ones instead.

Its a hit or miss with any brand when it comes to condensation and water leaking.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Eh, not a fan of DEPO. My dad went through 5 sets of regular OEM style tail lights for his F150 and they all leaked water. He ended up just getting OEM ones instead.

Its a hit or miss with any brand when it comes to condensation and water leaking.
Well that isn't encouraging... I was considering upgrading the projectors on them anyway, maybe I should just do that for sure now so I can ensure they are sealed well. At least with aftermarket they are much easier to split, so off to the headlight forums to get my ass handed to me by lighting snobs, hehe....

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So the Depo's arrived and I'm VERY happy with the quality! They actually seem even better than OEM, full nice and smooth vertical adjustment, plastics seem just as good as OEM, good connectors, all that... Now these weren't pre-wired for the DRL to be on low like others here have with their Depo's, but oh well, they simply matched the OEM Euro wiring exactly. I ordered them from THIS page on Cars245.com, cheaper than eBay, only $141 each/$355 shipped for the pair. I did get a broken tab on one but I'm making a shipping claim and there is plenty of enough nub to screw down on.

Attachments

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Looks good. Get some black plastic weld and put it back together, it should hold.
Yep, I have some Gorilla stuff on there now but I'll try that! Good idea! Edit: Sweet, found JB Weld for less than $6, that will do the trick... now to see if they offer a settlement for shipping damage too!

Looks really nice and wayyyyy cheaper than Ford OEM Euro.

I still don’t understand why specdtuning has not develop the led head lights!!!!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
They were asked a while ago to do this and they said no because the car was being discontinued.

Correct, they actually gave us an answer on that one... Honestly, I'm super impressed with the overall quality of the Depo's and they VERY reasonably priced as long as you can wait 2-3 weeks for delivery. Too bad the BLACK interior ones of the Euro projector aren't available on that site and are a good $200 more for the pair on eBay.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah I found them from Poland or something at $540 for the set I believe. I would buy those in a heartbeat, but I picked up a set of OE lights and cut them open already. Just trying to decide what projector I want to use. If I go Bi-LED I can paint the entire housing, including the high beam reflectors, black. Otherwise I would have to retro them too.