Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking to run 245/40/17 on 17x8 +40

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Man I'd love to do that one day but it seems like such a hassle.
Not really. Drill the fronts and for the rears, you can use a Timken hub. Not that I actually did it myself. At some point, I decided to go balls out on the mods - so, BC2 c/o, WW BBKs on all 4 corners, lowered, and 4x100. Gives more options for the wheels - but I'm out of the 15" market with that, and there are a lot of options for that size.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yeah a 245/40 isn’t far from a 215/45-17 on their respective widths, but I think it’s just gonna be too much without some type of modification. I’m ruling it out
Agreed. With some measurements taken on the FiST, the graphic can be adjusted to match; and the link posted. That way we have a more precise representation of what room is available when compared to OEM.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The difference between 215 and 245 is colossal, when it comes to dimensions. That's the whole crux of the matter. And, some would tell you that even the same nominal size varies considerably from a manufacturer to manufacturer.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #27
The difference between 215 and 245 is colossal, when it comes to dimensions. That's the whole crux of the matter. And, some would tell you that even the same nominal size varies considerably from a manufacturer to manufacturer.
I was talking about the OD

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
A 215/45-17 on a 7” whee should be about the same as a 245/40-17 on a 8”, outside diameter. Yes?

.1” difference in outer diameter.
According to the tire calculator, these should be nearly identical. The calculator doesn't take into account stretching of the tire, I believe.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Man I'd love to do that one day but it seems like such a hassle.
It took me a long afternoon. I didn't even need to press the hubs off the knuckles.

Ditto.... And expensive
I think that I paid < $100 for the jig 4 years ago and I just used it yesterday to drill a fresh set of rear rotors.

Thoughts are 245s are wayyyyy too wide! I doubt you could even turn the front wheels properly without hitting all kinds of stuff. I would love to see what it looks like though.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thoughts are 245s are wayyyyy too wide! I doubt you could even turn the front wheels properly without hitting all kinds of stuff. I would love to see what it looks like though.
Well, there are these....

And, yeah, wrong side... I ended up with 3 rights and 1 left.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
What Wilwood rear kit are you fitting RPF1s on? I just got a set of them in 4x108 and they're not even close to fitting mine (11.75" rotor)
The fronts are something that they tagged with Fiesta Platinum model tag, for some reason. The rear kit is not offered for a Fiesta, so it is something that 2JR put together. 8 mm spacers are needed for the Enkeis upfront, but the rears fit without a problem. The fronts are Dynapro 6 piston calipers. I also use Wilwood Rotors; converted to 4x100. I have a lot of that in my "signature"... :)

The fronts are something that they tagged with Fiesta Platinum model tag, for some reason. The rear kit is not offered for a Fiesta, so it is something that 2JR put together. 8 mm spacers are needed for the Enkeis upfront, but the rears fit without a problem. The fronts are Dynapro 6 piston calipers. I also use Wilwood Rotors; converted to 4x100. I have a lot of that in my "signature"... :)
I got my wilwood stuff from 2jr too, Joe is the one who told me about previously fitting RPF1s with them. I’m trying to figure out what the difference is. What size is your rear rotor?