Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS My old 2017 Fiesta ST (Now at a dealership)

Trader history for spdkills83 (0)

Just posting this up for anyone in the area that may be interested in a Fiesta ST. This is my old one so I can give history on it if anyone was interested in it. Myself, if I were buying used from a dealership would love to know the original owners and their thoughts on the vehicle and any potential issues. Car is fully equipped, Recaro, Nav, black wheels, red calipers, and moonroof.

https://www.jenkinssubaruwv.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-Fiesta-b29776fe0a0e0ae776d4976449f41028.htm

Again just throwing this out their, not affiliated with the dealership or anyone there in anyway, just passing an available ST along.

Thanks

Last edited:

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Just posting this up for anyone in the area that may be interested in a Fiesta ST. This is my old one so I can give history on it if anyone was interested in it. Myself, if I were buying used from a dealership would love to know the original owners and their thoughts on the vehicle and any potential issues.

https://www.jenkinssubaruwv.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-Fiesta-b29776fe0a0e0ae776d4976449f41028.htm

Again just throwing this out their, not affiliated with the dealership or anyone their in anyway, just passing an available ST along.

Thanks
Only 6,700 mi.... Why did you give up on her so soon? :/

This is one of those cars that people will wish they bought when they had a chance.

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #3
Life had other plans lol. Bought it when I just had my son, then about a year later my daughter came along. After the first trip in it with the four of us and our knees were in the dash and the stroller wouldn't fit, well the wife said time to go. I loved the car, it is a great vehicle. I have a company vehicle, so it was mostly my toy, but when we all pile in there, it just was not happening.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Life had other plans lol. Bought it when I just had my son, then about a year later my daughter came along. After the first trip in it with the four of us and our knees were in the dash and the stroller wouldn't fit, well the wife said time to go. I loved the car, it is a great vehicle. I have a company vehicle, so it was mostly my toy, but when we all pile in there, it just was not happening.
I hear ya! If I had 2 kids and could only have one car, I would definitely have to re-think owning a FiST.

What did you trade in for, a forester?

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
She knew from day one it would be a big fat hell no.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Ha!
My brother just had his 2nd one, he claims he's happy, I call BS! The dude sleeps 3hrs a night, has no time for anything, and is constantly in a bad mood!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Ha!
My brother just had his 2nd one, he claims he's happy, I call BS! The dude sleeps 3hrs a night, has no time for anything, and is constantly in a bad mood!
I believe it. Hey at least they don't have to pay the taxes me and you do.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #10
Actually went back to an STI. It totes them around with plenty of room for us and them and the trunk swallows up the stroller.

The wife’s explorer is used for longer trips and vacations.

The kiddos aren’t too bad, but I can definitely respect the choice not to have them. 1200-1500 a month for day care is highway robbery and seemingly accepted by most as “normal”.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Actually went back to an STI. It totes them around with plenty of room for us and them and the trunk swallows up the stroller.
Ha!

I was going to ask about a WRX first , but then thought of the kids and mentioned Forester instead.
But you went even more hardcore than the wrx with an sti, NICE!!

I had a 2017 WRX premium, bought it brand new. Sold it, then bought a 97 Cobra, then sold that and bought the ST (long and expensive story that started with me buying a new chally scat pack).
It was ok I guess, but think the FiST is 1.5X more fun. Although I do miss the WRX when it snows out.

I would be interested to see what Subaru does with the new STI in 2020. They really need to bring back a hatch!

I hear ya! If I had 2 kids and could only have one car, I would definitely have to re-think owning a FiST.

What did you trade in for, a forester?
I have three kids. Well, can't call them kids anymore I guess. 20, 16, and 14. Yes I have had all of us in my FiST and even had the two youngest in for a few decent road trips. I am 5'11" and my youngest is already taller than me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is when I'd ditch the stroller and get chest carriers or backpack style haulers to carrier any kids around. I went down to The FL Keys From Mn this summer with a Rocket box on top and still had enough room to put an 11yr old meatball & 4 OEM Stock Rados from Jeff with room to spare in the back of the FiST. This sounds like a COP out to me or the wife got you to get rid of your TOY....You will regret it later on and realize you could've worked it out....I know a couple of older folks my Faja/Dad included that wished they never would've gotten rid of their Hemi Chargers.....Austin Healys and Cougar eliminators' at request of a significant other. [whip]

My Doggo is my child!

The car is not too small! In Europe the FIST and many other cars like it are the perfect size and family car. America is too super sized on everything. ST is a practical 4 door hatch. It will fit 2 adults and 2 children and a stroller in the back. Strollers fold up pretty compact these days. Also can add a roof rack, with enclosed carrier, put stuff on top. I have had 4 in my ST, no problem- with fishing gear- poles, bait buckets, back packs, etc.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The car is not too small! In Europe the FIST and many other cars like it are the perfect size and family car. America is too super sized on everything. ST is a practical 4 door hatch. It will fit 2 adults and 2 children and a stroller in the back. Strollers fold up pretty compact these days. Also can add a roof rack, with enclosed carrier, put stuff on top. I have had 4 in my ST, no problem- with fishing gear- poles, bait buckets, back packs, etc.
It's all relative, I am 6'3" (1.91? meters) and my wife is 6'2" (1.85? meters). The fist is too small for us to spend a whole lot of time in, and we could never have anyone in our family over the age of 8 ride in the back unless someone loses some legs.

I like that the FiST is almost disposably cheap, I can park it in high-risk areas and not worry about it, nothing about it costs more than a few grand to fix, and it can fit full rack-width servers in the back. I do wish the rear seats folded flat though. In my 500 Abarth i just removed the back seats and the amount of flat space back there was glorious. Somehow the 500 Abarth aaaalways felt like there was more room in it, both front seats and back - I could fit behind my wife in the Abarth, but I cannot fit behind my wife in the Fist. Now ridiculous rear space though? Go try to sit in the back of a BRZ lol.

I think what people don't like about small cars in the US is the feeling you'll wind up a hood ornament for something larger.