Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

Lol[hihi] I emailed konig few days ago asking about the bronze availability and still waiting to hear back.
Just messaged Konig through their contact us page on the website, asking if these are actually being made and if there is a reliable release date planned. I'll report back if I hear anything.
Anyone care to message them via social media avenues?

I did about a month ago. I was told they are on back order indefinitely..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

quick question? is summit the only vendor that have them now?
I did a couple of searches and when I call the vendors all said that they have to order them. I dont mind the blacks.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
PSA: the Konig wheels I bought had a few defects. 3 out of 5 wheels had an issue. I exchanged one of them, but the replacement also had weird defects (2 wheels had a fingerprint on them, that was made when the wheels were still drying off, and was right near the bead), a 3rd wheel wheel had dust particles embedded in them. I'm sure it wouldve been fine when mounted, but I was not happy about it.
Long story short, I returned them. Yes, they are way cheap, but I guess in the end you get what you pay for...

Also, I was not happy about them being black. I HATE black wheels!
At first, I convinced myself that the performance gains would outweigh my hate for black wheels, but in the end, I could not accept it.

Most importantly, I did not like the idea of lowering the offset. I did some back-to-back tests (between the stockers and 42 offset TD 1.2 wheels) and determined that even the small amount of offset change (-5), affected the torque steer to the point that I hated....

So, in the end, I decided that I will deal with the crazy heavy stock wheels, in order to preserve the handling characteristics that Ford designed into the car.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Impact on torque steer likely had as much or more to do with the weight difference than the offset. Even minor changes to rotating mass and unsprung weight have massive impacts on the characteristics of a vehicle, especially compared to that of sprung weight. That said, if you hated the change with TD 1.2's, I doubt you would have enjoyed the Dekagrams.
Overall the car was more responsive with the TD wheels, but I definitely felt the difference in the steering and suspension. It had a some bad torque steer and weird braking characteristics on the TD wheels. I'm not saying that dekagrams would be the same way, but my faith in lowering the offset even more, did not inspire confidence.

I don't mind the overly stiff suspension from the stock set up, believe it or not. The stock wheels are just way heavy, I know that, and was considering the sparco trofeo 4 wheels, which are +47 offset , 17 x 7 , which is pretty identical to stock but about 5 lbs lighter.
But, I don't think it's worth spending $1000 for that kind of benefit.

As it is, I have 8 OEM wheels, 6 of which are in mint condition. To make a good set, all I need is one stock tire to be good.... As I have a bubble in the sidewall of one of the Bstones.
But my thinking is to get a set of the Michelin A/S 3 + for full-time duty. If they can come close to the Stock bridgestones (I don't track her) and not kill me during the occasional snowstorm, it's all good!!!

My job provides me a rental whenever I want, so I haven't used my car during the winter.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Impact on torque steer likely had as much or more to do with the weight difference than the offset. Even minor changes to rotating mass and unsprung weight have massive impacts on the characteristics of a vehicle, especially compared to that of sprung weight. That said, if you hated the change with TD 1.2's, I doubt you would have enjoyed the Dekagrams.
I would agree with this statement .

I would also follow up with if your getting TQ sterr then add powerflex upper engine mount shims and alower chassis brace. That should help quite a bit. If you are still hung up on it get a LSD and call it a day.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
7.5mm offset change isn't going to affect handling enough to notice it. you're just looking for excuses to justify going back to stock wheels because you're so upset about a fingerprint on a wheel that will be covered in brake dust within 47 seconds of driving away from the tire shop.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
7.5mm offset change isn't going to affect handling enough to notice it. you're just looking for excuses to justify going back to stock wheels because you're so upset about a fingerprint on a wheel that will be covered in brake dust within 47 seconds of driving away from the tire shop.
Quality control is poor (crap) on them. It was more than just fingerprints. And what I mean by fingerprints is that not like someone barely touched it when wet, but rather someone pressed into it so that there were concave spots that were all the way down to the metal.
The one I actually returned first, had a long one right next to the bead, I wasn't even sure if the tire would seal correctly. The one they sent back to me had two little ones just above the bead, so I wasn't worried in that respect. Another one had good size particles under the paint right at the lip. it could be that there was flash material that wasn't correctly sanded off, idk. But nonetheless, I was not happy.

As far as driving characteristics, I cannot say for certain because I never installed them, I only had my TD wheels (15x7, +42) to compare them to.

Last weekend I spent all day doing back to back testing and preferred the characteristics of the stock set up. Going straight you don't feel it so much but if you're taking twists and turns, that's when you can feel it. The steering felt like it was less agreeable under power and making moves.
Scrub radius is a real thing and wider wheels don't make up for it. It's all about the offset. Whether or not it's noticeable can certainly be debated, but I personally felt a difference.

I also hate black wheels. So, all in all, the decision to return them wasn't so hard. And I will be saving a considerable amount of money, so there's that too.

Last edited:

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Comparing a 15x7 wheel and 17x7 wheel will have a ton of differences not just counting the weight. It's almost apples to oranges. The extra sidewall on the 15x7 setup would easily account for the changes in handling. 16x8 with appropriate tires may have actually been a good middle ground. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Either way, be happy with what you prefer, man.
Thanks!

I knew my post would rattle some cages, it's not exactly a popular opinion... but like you said, whatever makes you happy.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Got Photos of the finger prints and dirt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is of the concave spots. Obviously, it would not be visible with the tire mounted. My concern was about beading issues.

I don't have a pic of the one that had particles on the lip.
My overall impressions of the quality, imo was lacking. I am sure it wouldve been fine had I kept them. And in fact was planning to keep them, in spite of everything.

However, after doing some extensive driving on the stock wheels and then the TD wheels, I decided to send them back.

My pros and cons list tipped into the con side when all was said and done.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya what you encountered with those wheels is not ideal on manufacturers workmanship.

As far as your comments about scrub radius I think you are overthinking it [MENTION=10503]babyivan[/MENTION], changing the offset 7mm is not going to adversely affect the scrub radius on our cars IMO.
Their are other members on the forum like RaamAudio who have played with offsets and wider wheels far more than your brief excursion. They have wound up geting excellent handling results with offsets of 35 and wheel widths out to 9 inches on 15’s.
A 16x8 40 offset wheel will not be a problem , more likely tire sidewall choices can have a bigger effect on turn in response. Same goes for a 15x7 plus 42mm.

Last edited: