Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hotchkis swaybars

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
mine has the end caps. I hope Dave's didn't rust out too, maybe they use salt instead of carbon in U.K. steel and it rust flowed on the SB. LOL
You are trying to draw me in.
But I am not going to mention it.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
You are trying to draw me in.
But I am not going to mention it.
What is it? Either the quality was there or it was lacking.

Im sure Hotchkiss fixed the issue if it existed.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dmb

Thread Starter #24
If all their stuff was crap, and breaking all the time they would not be around in sue happy ca, this long. I mean permits just for hazmat in ca, will kill a company. not to mention chinese clones. Plus its a nice color gray, not that theirs anything wrong with ricer red. just not my style. Red is cool but fade to pink, not so much. oh and the price sealed the deal.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I get my bar maybe tomorrow, since Hotchkis is only ~20 miles from me. So depending on what mode they ship, I'll have it soon by weeks end for sure. Hopefully by horse and carriage, it would be much faster than UPS, Fedex or USPS.

Upon cracking the box open I'll evaluate it. If I feel it's crap, I won't put it on my car. Now Pierce, that stuff is crap. Their shit ain't going on my car. Period. Some feelings my be hurt, so what man up and suck it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Now Pierce, that stuff is crap. Their shit ain't going on my car. Period. Some feelings my be hurt, so what man up and suck it.

Now you are comparing apples and oranges but I agree with you.
That is why All of my aftermarket ACTIVE suspension parts are Eibach.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I will be comparing workmanship and quality, it’s a fair comparison.
Again there I agree with you.

OK, you forced it out of me.
The problem I had with Hotchkiss, was there springs, they sagged after a short time.
This of course, was many years ago, I am sure they have corrected this by now.
I never tried any of their sway bars so I won't say that are good or bad.
I do like that their bars are hollow except the FiST can use a little weight in the rear.

As for the Peirce parts, they are not really suspension components, just chassis stiffeners.
And I do agree that the welds could look better if they were TIG instead of MIG but that would only add to the cost and not the function.
Again it is just a matter of preference to any other company making similar products.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Pierce rattle canned the bars I bought from them, not powder coated. Aside from the quality and fitment issues, total crap. That is of course my opinion. Things may have change since, but that's the impression I was left with from personal experience. I don't care what their selling, in my book they're crap.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Pierce rattle canned the bars I bought from them, not powder coated. Aside from the quality and fitment issues, total crap. That is of course my opinion. Things may have change since, but that's the impression I was left with from personal experience. I don't care what their selling, in my book they're crap.
You are 100% correct here,
I am not really trying to defend them nor even thinking of trying to change your mind.
They did just paint them when they first started now they are powdered coated or painted different colors if you prefer.
I preferred just to have them painted so I could touch them up if necessary.
As it turns out only the 6 PT brace gets scratched.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Since we're on the Pierce train and my memory is coming back. They sent some washers to be placed under the front strut tower bar mounts because their bar wouldn't sit flush without them. That is so ghetto, LOL. Who the phuck does that? Anyways, this will probably be my last Pierce comment in this thread. Done with them, just bad memories.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Opened my door to a big box! Labeled Hotchkiss! Interesting on opening and looking at it and the instructions it bolts directly to your rear beam Via the shock mounts no endlinks so this thing actually acts like a torsion bar swaybar rather than straight swaybar.

Thats a page out Mercedes book for swaybar mounting.

Has plugs on the ends of the tube. Welds look beefy and thorough. Uniform comes to mind.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Whelp it’s here. The bar is stout and very well made. I’m not even gonna bother to pop the end caps off. They’re on pretty tight and I see no point, I’m not worried about corrosion the least bit any more than my lowering springs. The powder coating is nice and durable, welds, holes, and quality all look spot on. The photos can speak for themselves, but I feel I got I heck of bargain for $85.

Well packaged with the ends protected.

End caps, welds, and details.

Included hardware, decals, parts list, instructions and warranty card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the Hotchkis on my car till the Verus diffuser. Only manufacturer to state added roll stiffness "spring" rate. 200# (3.5k) l recall. Worked great with my 5k/3k coilover setup. Bolted up nicely. Tucked in behind torsion beam.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Had the Hotchkis on my car till the Verus diffuser. Only manufacturer to state added roll stiffness "spring" rate. 200# (3.5k) l recall. Worked great with my 5k/3k coilover.
You had to remove it because of the diffuser? They occupy a shared space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk