Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 109 29.5%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 166 45.0%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Jerickson88

I may do some white lines myself. After changing tire size and the rally armors, aesthetically, I’m happy. I may do a Vega Urethane splitter if I ever get aftermarket wheels.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
To those who are thinking about ABS plastic Splitters....and live in a colder climate....think of ICE CHUNKS....what does plastic do when its cold....it gets brittle. Do your self a favor get the Metal setup from Vega or Rally innovations 3 piece metal splitter.[driving]

Has anybody checked out these REV9 coilover for $476 that are supposedly made by Godspeed, I know all the old sayings like "you get what you pay for" yadda yadda but how are they really?

I'm asking because my budget is about $500 and I'm trying to decide between that and the Koni sport and spring set...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Has anybody checked out these REV9 coilover for $476 that are supposedly made by Godspeed, I know all the old sayings like "you get what you pay for" yadda yadda but how are they really?

I'm asking because my budget is about $500 and I'm trying to decide between that and the Koni sport and spring set...

Haven't used them myself but I noticed that they have pretty decent reviews for the price. None of the reviews that I saw were using them for a FiST or any other Ford car though.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

How do you like the Whitelines so far?

I still haven’t put them on, probably going to throw them on sometime this month.

Whitelines will be temporary until I can debating on what coilovers I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't used them myself but I noticed that they have pretty decent reviews for the price. None of the reviews that I saw were using them for a FiST or any other Ford car though.

Yeah that's what I have seen too and I'm not sure if I want to be the Guinea pig! I'm probably going to go with orange Koni's but I'm undecided on springs, any suggestions anyone? Something not so harsh or bouncy?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah that's what I have seen too and I'm not sure if I want to be the Guinea pig! I'm probably going to go with orange Koni's but I'm undecided on springs, any suggestions anyone? Something not so harsh or bouncy?

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...t-spec-r-lowering-springs-fiesta-st-2014-2017

There is also a thread on these with Orange Koni's....FYI

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if any coilovers or other springs or anything can go higher than the stock suspension?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^So far, the ONLY ones I've confirmed to be able to do this is the Reiger R2 gravel rally setup for ~$8K [crazyeye], and the M-sport/Bilstein R1 gravel (and probably the tarmac as well) setup, at ~$2500.00 USD.

ALL of the Taiwanese/mainland China built coil overs, as well as the Euro built ones, and all of the factory fit type aftermarket springs for this car refuse to allow one to even get to the factory static ride height, even at their highest spring perch/weight jacker adjustments, at least according to their tech departments. [mad]

There are just too many who want to slam this car down as far as they can to warrant anyone in the aftermarket making upgraded, non-lowering, or minimally lowering setups for this ride. [:(]

Last edited:
My Bilstein B14 coilover set has finally shipped, due to arrive Monday! Planning to start with the height adjustment set midway then see if I can (or want to) go lower.

^^^So far, the ONLY ones I've confirmed to be able to do this is the Reiger R2 gravel rally setup for ~$8K [crazyeye], and the M-sport/Bilstein R1 gravel (and probably the tarmac as well) setup, at ~$2500.00 USD.

ALL of the Taiwanese/mainland China built coil overs, as well as the Euro built ones, and all of the factory fit type aftermarket springs for this car refuse to allow one to even get to the factory static ride height, even at their highest spring perch/weight jacker adjustments, at least according to their tech departments. [mad]

There are just too many who want to slam this car down as far as they can to warrant anyone in the aftermarket making upgraded, non-lowering, or minimally lowering setups for this ride. [:(]
Rip that dream, DIY lift kit hmm. Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club

Sorry for the late reply I just noticed this...

If you go with the Koni Orange (Str.T) shocks, I would recommend that you use a stiffer or linear spring (i.e.: stock, swift, etc) and not the softer or progressive springs (i.e.: Mountune, Eibach, etc.). Also be careful how much you lower it because it may rub if you lower it too much with those shocks...this seems to be more noticeable over time. The stiffer the spring, the more it may help counter that, but it can be a sort of balancing act because it may also make the ride harsher. Tricky part is finding your sweet spot.

But if you don't want to spend too much, I've had decent success with the oem spring so far. Although I'm currently considering a stiffer shock (Bilstein B6) since my tires are rubbing a bit after increasing the sidewall to a 195/60-15 and I prefer this tire size overall in comparison so I don't really want to switch back to a 195/55. These konis have racked up a lot of miles though so that may also be part of it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply I just noticed this...

If you go with the Koni Orange (Str.T) shocks, I would recommend that you use a stiffer or linear spring (i.e.: stock, swift, etc) and not the softer or progressive springs (i.e.: Mountune, Eibach, etc.). Also be careful how much you lower it because it may rub if you lower it too much with those shocks...this seems to be more noticeable over time. The stiffer the spring, the more it may help counter that, but it can be a sort of balancing act because it may also make the ride harsher. Tricky part is finding your sweet spot.

But if you don't want to spend too much, I've had decent success with the oem spring so far. Although I'm currently considering a stiffer shock (Bilstein B6) since my tires are rubbing a bit after increasing the sidewall to a 195/60-15 and I prefer this tire size overall in comparison so I don't really want to switch back to a 195/55. These konis have racked up a lot of miles though so that may also be part of it.

Alright so what I ended up with was the Koni Orange in the rear and bilstein B8's in the front with H&R Sport Springs. Does it rub? Occasionally the fronts with rub but only if there is a big bump or a big bump/sharp turn combo. I put camber bolts in and have the wheels wedged out a little to compensate. Does it look cool? Hell yes! Does it handle like it's on rails? Hell yes! I have had some spirited drives with this setup and a 7 hour roundtrip through some country roads and holy crap, it makes you laugh when youre body is at a 45 degree angle in a turn and the tires arent even squealing! Had to do different front and rears because I was near impossible to find bilstein rears or Koni fronts...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited: