Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

Mine was and is also non nav.. i mean worse case scenerio, take it to ford, make them do it.. i had absolutely 0 problems updating straight to the newest vers. Was exactly the process they stated on my ford

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Mine was and is also non nav.. i mean worse case scenerio, take it to ford, make them do it.. i had absolutely 0 problems updating straight to the newest vers. Was exactly the process they stated on my ford
Interesting. What's the manufacture date? 10/15 for my 2016.

Also, let me know if the Dealer will actually do this.

11/15, ive seen several people go dealrr, only problem is that is way more pia than anything

I probably still have the files on my drive ill look for it

However as i stated sign up for my ford its like 10 min, has directions

Intuit

3000 Post Club
11/15, ive seen several people go dealrr, only problem is that is way more pia than anything

I probably still have the files on my drive ill look for it

However as i stated sign up for my ford its like 10 min, has directions
I don't trust 3rd-party sources. My download was owner.ford.com also. No workie. I'll consider the dealer but yeah, it's PIA for sure. THere's nothing to say that Ford won't have a problem with 3.1 update or whatever.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Maybe it's just the non-nav I don't recall at this point, but I've read too many horror stories about trying to update the 2016 Non-Nav to 3.0. The nutshell is, there is too little available space or RAM... I think it was RAM. So you'd get a somewhat cryptic error message. There are custom solutions that involve making minor changes to the flash drive content and updating it in stages. There were a number of folks that had reported failures mid-update, resulting with a crippled or disabled system. That would annoy me to no end and don't have the time to deal with such a problem should it arise. After reading all the ins/outs I took the first steps toward updating and it was basically falling in line with one of the horror stories; so decided not to mess with it any further. My 2016 non-nav will stay on 2.2 for the forseeable; since Ford, obviously is only testing it with the latest and greatest hardware. Microsoft, their former partner before they went Open Source, has a crap load of experience about getting stuff to work consistently on a range of hardware. They don't, and it shows.
Long story short, yes, that was the problem solved a while ago with the 2 part auto updates... I have one available through a download link I can email to anyone whoever would like to me at my screen name here at gmail and I can share a download link to do it over USB with instructions. Just need to have basic computer knowledge to format a thumb drive and copy the files on it. If it doesn't work then you know it's a bad APIM from the get-go but it's never bricked anyones system either.

clorbager

i updated with the files on this sticky, the wifi never seemed to work. the my ford website is having issues register new cars at the moment, so im sol.
thats why im trying toobtain the files and do it manually.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Will this fix my frozen nav screen?

Car says i have no gps and im sitting in a field 50 miles away from where she is. Can't use nav because it doesnt see me at the starting point. Arrow does not move with the car either.

2019 w/nav and Sync 3 3.0 here. I can't get my LG Stylo 4 to connect to my car and run Android Auto and I don't know why. I've enabled Android Auto on my car, tried 3 different cables and still no go. I'm probably doing something stupid, but I don't know what, and I'm wondering if maybe my phone just isn't compatible.

You all got any ideas? I'm about to give up. As I said, my car has nav but I would really like to use Google Maps.

DEss

2019 w/nav and Sync 3 3.0 here. I can't get my LG Stylo 4 to connect to my car and run Android Auto and I don't know why. I've enabled Android Auto on my car, tried 3 different cables and still no go. I'm probably doing something stupid, but I don't know what, and I'm wondering if maybe my phone just isn't compatible.

You all got any ideas? I'm about to give up. As I said, my car has nav but I would really like to use Google Maps.
If you can enable it on sync 3 it means that you are connected. Otherwise, I don't think the option to enable would even show up. What happens when you plug in the phone - does AA load there?

Have you tried another phone?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

You do have the Android auto app downloaded on your phone right?
Have you tried pairing your phone with the car to make calls and such?!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

If you can enable it on sync 3 it means that you are connected. Otherwise, I don't think the option to enable would even show up. What happens when you plug in the phone - does AA load there?

Have you tried another phone?
When I say enable, I mean I go to settings on the car, swipe the screen over and hit the "enable Android Auto" option. Have not tried another phone but it looks like I might have to.

You do have the Android auto app downloaded on your phone right?
Have you tried pairing your phone with the car to make calls and such?!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I do have Android Auto on my phone, and I think I have the settings right (in the app) but maybe not. No problem pairing via Bluetooth. When I plug my phone into the car USB port, it charges so I know there's some sort of connetion. I think Sync 3 just doesn't like my cheap-ass LG phone.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I do have Android Auto on my phone, and I think I have the settings right (in the app) but maybe not. No problem pairing via Bluetooth. When I plug my phone into the car USB port, it charges so I know there's some sort of connetion. I think Sync 3 just doesn't like my cheap-ass LG phone.
Hey, got your email too man, if you have it enabled in the head unit and have the app downloaded, it should come right up when you plug in... try doing a hard reset on the head unit and see if that helps.

Hey, got your email too man, if you have it enabled in the head unit and have the app downloaded, it should come right up when you plug in... try doing a hard reset on the head unit and see if that helps.
Well, no go. Did the reset, uninstalled/reinstalled AA on my phone, same thing. Only now, when I hit the settings button on my Sync, hit settings and swipe to the second screen, the "enable Android Auto" button is not there like it was before. I'm find another Android phone and try that.