Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

twolf

Do you guys think the puny cone filter that comes with a Cobb intake has enough flow rate for the GT290r kit? Thinking about switching back to it when I install. I'm almost certain it will be louder than the factory turbo with the 2j cowl intake.
I've heard someone say the 2J intake is quieter with a larger turbo.

V_2

I've heard someone say the 2J intake is quieter with a larger turbo.
Interesting...

I'll probably leave it on and do a semi-scientific before and after comparison using the sound meter app on my phone.

I can confirm that the 2JR is "quieter" with larger turbos. It's probably secondary to the fact that you're not in boost as much as the stock turbo. But once you open her up, the 2JR is as loud as it was before. It's also a good idea to do a symposer delete. As my car drives w/ the GTX2860R, 2JR intake, symposer delete, catless, open dump and Injen catback, it's very daily drivable.

Another comment, but in regards to the Cobb intake versus the 2JR. I sold my Cobb and purchased a 2JR and there was a very notable difference in spool with the stock turbo. It's probably even more evident w/ bigger turbos. My GTX2860R hits 25psi at 3800rpm. Quick enough. It's actually quicker than a cyborg when I compared to a friend's setup also with a 2JR intake.

Attachments

Another comment, but in regards to the Cobb intake versus the 2JR. I sold my Cobb and purchased a 2JR and there was a very notable difference in spool with the stock turbo. It's probably even more evident w/ bigger turbos. My GTX2860R hits 25psi at 3800rpm. Quick enough. It's actually quicker than a cyborg when I compared to a friend's setup also with a 2JR intake.
Are you still on the stock fuel system or do you have aux fuel? My setup is going to be very similar to yours and I really like the how those curves and numbers look.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Release!!!

While different people pick different turbo setups for different reasons, and even I tell people all the time, if you want 300++whp and have the money, the DHM shop is the one to call BUT.... In sake of fairness, your car is fully tuned and you compared it to a car on its 2nd revision.... I just want to clear up what you posted because the comparison you posted had that cyborg setup getting to 20psi about 3600rpm?

Well.... I happen to have this little clip from that same said car...

That is comparing how it spooled in the graph you posted vs how it spools with a little DHM tuning magic. Also keep in mind, I expected his setup to have a bit more lag due to the larger volume of the tube manifold, but again.... Tuning > manifold.

Power comparison is obviously no contest at all, lol.

Again, not subtracting from quick spool kit because its def a great setup, and its one I'd likely be getting if I had that kind of disposal income. But I just wanted to give you and of course other people that might come along some "context".

This is also my personal car.

How is taking to get these kits? It's been about two months for me, sound right? I can't get an answer from Russ, I know he's busy.

V_2

How is taking to get these kits? It's been about two months for me, sound right? I can't get an answer from Russ, I know he's busy.
I placed my order on 2/29 and haven't received yet. Spoke to Russ on 4/7 and he expected my kit to ship by the end of last week. I sent a message this morning to get an update. Hoping to hear back soon, but if you ordered yours before I did, then I think that's all the update I need. [sad]

koozy

3000 Post Club
I placed my order on 2/29 and haven't received yet. Spoke to Russ on 4/7 and he expected my kit to ship by the end of last week. I sent a message this morning to get an update. Hoping to hear back soon, but if you ordered yours before I did, then I think that's all the update I need. [sad]
Hi, I've noticed this is somewhat the norm between myself and others. I ordered by kit in Nov. Black Fri and received it in Feb., longer than some others and still going through the tuning process.

To help calm some nerves, I can say the quality in the parts, workmanship, fit and finish are superb and worth it.

The tuning part has taken a bit long, but Russ is just busy trying to multitask many things. It's not an excuse, it's just the reality.

What's comforting is the quality is top notch whether it's the parts or the tune when you receive it. Russ doesn't half-ass anything.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #213
Cory making dp s

Making a jig to clock turbos to save us time and the customer time

Mock up for clocking

One kit all done going out

Another going out

Build list for install kits

Trying to keep quality 100% make your install experience better than ever and increase production we are working hard we are working hard and shipping fast as we can thank you everyone

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V_2

So about 3 months is the norm, it seems. And not the 2 weeks I was initially quoted, lol.

I don't mind and am still very excited to receive my kit. But an accurate timeframe is definitely appreciated. Small peeve of mine, is all.
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] Keep up the good work fellas!

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I just completed my quick spool install last night. All I can say is there is no comparison between the atp kit is removed and the [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] kit. The DHM kit quality is top notch and everything fits like oem. Even the charge pipes lined right up with me clocking the turbo and swapping housings. I'm super stoked I went DHM the wait was well worth it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Need a bit of help to clock the compressor housing on the GT2560R turbo, I have clocked others but not this particular turbo and I have searched and found no answers but it seems pretty simple. No bolts to loosen so it looks like I need to buy a big set of snap ring pliers and pull the housing off, see if pinned, etc.... but it would be nice to know before I do so.

(I have a ton of tools in storage in NV but RVing and have had to buy quite a few tools to work on the car, brought a bunch but never enough tools on hand it seems)

Thanks,
Rick

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #218
Need a bit of help to clock the compressor housing on the GT2560R turbo, I have clocked others but not this particular turbo and I have searched and found no answers but it seems pretty simple. No bolts to loosen so it looks like I need to buy a big set of snap ring pliers and pull the housing off, see if pinned, etc.... but it would be nice to know before I do so.

(I have a ton of tools in storage in NV but RVing and have had to buy quite a few tools to work on the car, brought a bunch but never enough tools on hand it seems)

Thanks,
Rick
No pin just pop the clip and clock away

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #219
Also to anyone wondering we now have a jig to clock the turbos perfectly!! Every DHM turbo kit will have the turbo clocked and ready to bolt on!

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks Russ,
Been a long day in 96 degree weather and no good ventilation, picking up some parts for the BBK fine tuning was the only break, old injury, new one hurting, still got a lot done today but a bit brain dead by the end:)

Taking my time on the install to ensure all is well as most of my installs go, very excited to get this little turbo going as it has far surpassed expectations on other ST's but better to take the time and do it all correctly they first time.

As always, incredible fabrication skills put into the parts from DHM:)