Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Full Race Front Mount Intercooler

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

J2FoRS

Maybe the Canadian cars have different crash bars?
Oooo and the plot thickens....[popcorn]

Ours are made in the same Mexican plant I believe? Though true enough maybe our safety standards require a different crash bar. Dun dun dun. Who knows?!

#9...different requirements...but do they actually assemble them differently?
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/problems/studies/Bumper/Index.html

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
To date, we've sold 42 I/Cs and not one was not able to install it - loosening the crash bar allowed the I/C to slide into place. I believe Steven @ 2J walked you through the install on the phone for about 15mins. We also know from the moment it arrived you havent been happy. Our answers weren't good enough in these threads and its been one big headache for you. I think that has lead to your frustration and at this point, even if it fit - you dont want it on your car. The moment it arrived, it should have been returned for the 20% restocking for new/saleable products. Based on the video, we know that isnt the case.

I'm sorry this happened to you - but I can assure you, with patience and skills - it fits.

Uhmm have returned it for a 20% restocking fee? What's in your pipe bud? Not giving u a dime. Yeah I was disappointed with the IC and many are IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, give your head a shake if u think his is my fault, if it fit I would have been exstatic. A friend if mine bought it on my recommendation and we r both now regretting that because it doesn't fit! Why would I take my bumper off twice but not keep it if it fit? Don't let your mind play games with how you do business and your confusing me with someone else and a 'video' . If it fit , I would have been happy and called it a day on how ugly the welds are etc but I am 600$ CAD out of money and a IC that doesn't fit because of bad R&D.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
To date, we've sold 42 I/Cs and not one was not able to install it - loosening the crash bar allowed the I/C to slide into place. I believe Steven @ 2J walked you through the install on the phone for about 15mins. We also know from the moment it arrived you havent been happy. Our answers weren't good enough in these threads and its been one big headache for you. I think that has lead to your frustration and at this point, even if it fit - you dont want it on your car. The moment it arrived, it should have been returned for the 20% restocking for new/saleable products. Based on the video, we know that isnt the case.

We have a product on our site called a Balance Shaft Delete Kit - it removes the balance shafts and adds a windage tray. When it was released, no one could install it as the balance shafts (7lb chunk of metal and gears) have to be carefully maneuvered to clear the aluminum upper oil pan. For us, it still takes us about 20 mins of just carefully rotating it before it will drop out. And thats 20mins during the final step of a 2hr process. With patience and skills, it can be removed. In turn, it adds another 1.25 qts of oil capacity and reduces a far bit of parasitic drag - like running without AC and PS. After the initial sourness about the install, now - we sell an average of 10 a week. Its a very popular product. Same happened with the cowl induction intake we sell. Lots of complaints about noise, install, etc. Now we struggle to keep it in stock.

I'm sorry this happened to you - but I can assure you, with patience and skills - it fits.

This does not fit [MENTION=542]joe@2j-racing[/MENTION] , I have tried and tried. There is no magical way it's going to fit, it's not a drop in IC. I would like a refund for the IC and that is fair because I am not returning it because it'll don't like it or changed my mind. It's because it does not fit simple and plain. I should not have to pay the restocking fee, which is like 120$ with the exchange when I have not done anything wrong here. I should be given my full refund simply because the product does not fit like you say it does.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
So were there ever any dyno results? Is this a decent option?
It's OK.. I've been using one while tuning my cyborg turbo. I see about +17 to +23 degree charge air temp when doing a third gear pull 2000rpms-7000rpms.

It's a budget option (my opinion) if you have a stock turbo and plan to stick with one this intercooler will be ok

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
What kind of charge air temps are stock turbo guys seeing? I'm going to be selling my 2J intercooler soon and someone who may be interested in buying it wants to know. I only ran it with the cyborg turbo so I can't give him an accurate answer.

twolf

What kind of charge air temps are stock turbo guys seeing? I'm going to be selling my 2J intercooler soon and someone who may be interested in buying it wants to know. I only ran it with the cyborg turbo so I can't give him an accurate answer.
My friend who got his installed is honestly seeing lackluster results. Like, 15 degrees above ambient on a pull in situations he'd see 20 stock.

twolf

I assume +10-15 is mediocre? So what kind of temps is considered a good IC?
It's not horrible... it's an improvement over stock.

You can't just look at a temperature rise and say "oh, well x intercooler is better than y intercooler because it drops charge temps x degrees"

2J's website claims "over 22% charge temp reduction" which to me checks out. My buddy says he went from 20 degree rise to a 10-15 degree rise, which is anywhere from 25-50% reduction.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I assume +10-15 is mediocre? So what kind of temps is considered a good IC?
personally, and this is just my opinion, I would consider 5-10 degrees amazing. Up to 15 is acceptable to me, and once you get closer and above 20, it's time for an upgrade. The cyborg and other hybrid turbos do run hotter which is why I was asking for stock turbo guys data. If it's around +15 then it's a run of the mill intercooler

V_2

I am running this IC and see 10-15 degree increase on 3rd gear pulls with a tune+ pro tune. The charge temp stays pretty close to ambient but begins to spike pretty hardcore around 5k RPM, duplicating your cyborg results [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION]. These results were the same in 30,40, and 85 degree ambient temps. The IC does a pretty good job shedding heat when I'm carving twisties, though.

I am also not running the heat shield over the stock turbo (was gone when I bought the car) and I could possibly be getting a decent amount of intake air heat soak as a result of that. My intake does have gold thermal tape, though.

Curious to see how this IC reacts to the DHM quickspool kit when it arrives...

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I am running this IC and see 10-15 degree increase on 3rd gear pulls with a tune+ pro tune. The charge temp stays pretty close to ambient but begins to spike pretty hardcore around 5k RPM, duplicating your cyborg results [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION]. These results were the same in 30,40, and 85 degree ambient temps. The IC does a pretty good job shedding heat when I'm carving twisties, though.

I am also not running the heat shield over the stock turbo (was gone when I bought the car) and I could possibly be getting a decent amount of intake air heat soak as a result of that. My intake does have gold thermal tape, though.

Curious to see how this IC reacts to the DHM quickspool kit when it arrives...
Thanks a lot. Now I can make a for sale thread and use you as my source for temps !

AzNightmare

When you're describing the temps, are you reading off the numbers when your car is pulled over or in motion?

AzNightmare

I just read the ambient and charge temp gauges off my AP...

This is based on 12 different AP readings:
Average OEM IC = 11.633°C hotter than ambient.

This is based on 19 different AP readings:
Average 2JR IC = average 10.932°C hotter than ambient

This is in Celsius btw, so I don't know how this compares to +10-15°F
Can't understand you guys when you're using Fahrenheit... [:p]

Either I'm not driving hard enough to make use of 2JR's cooling advantages, or 2JR is about as good as OEM...
My ambient is usually around 12°C, and my charge temp is usually around 22°C

V_2

C to F conversion formula is F = 9/5C + 32 and F to C is C = 5/9(F- 32).

So my intake temp being 60*F and charge temp being 75*F (15*F difference) would equate to 15.6*C -> 23.9*C --- 8.3*C increase.

Are you comparing intake temp to charge temp? Ambient may be different than intake due to heat soak from the engine bay.

AzNightmare

C to F conversion formula is F = 9/5C + 32 and F to C is C = 5/9(F- 32).

So my intake temp being 60*F and charge temp being 75*F (15*F difference) would equate to 15.6*C -> 23.9*C --- 8.3*C increase.

Are you comparing intake temp to charge temp? Ambient may be different than intake due to heat soak from the engine bay.

I know how to convert... but what I mean is when I hear 15°F difference, all that gives me is -9.4444 Celsius... lol
I can't do the conversions unless I also know the original temps.

I'm comparing my Ambient to Charge Temp. My Intake and Charge temps are usually exactly the same, maybe different by 0.5-1 degrees, celcius.

V_2

I know how to convert... but what I mean is when I hear 15°F difference, all that gives me is -9.4444 Celsius... lol
I can't do the conversions unless I also know the original temps.

I'm comparing my Ambient to Charge Temp. My Intake and Charge temps are usually exactly the same, maybe different by 0.5-1 degrees, celcius.

Hey, no offense implied, just trying to be thorough in my calculations. [:D] So you are getting ~2.5*C higher charge temps than us, which is probably about 5*F higher off the top of my head. That is interesting.