Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

TUX15ST

So i was told by strat that if your tune has cobb tc, it is on all times whether factory tc, sport mode, or esc off, cobb tc is always what you have

grnmachine02

This weekend I spent almost 1400 miles with my new tune. I purchased the stage 2 ? (I told them I had exhaust and intercooler) along with Cobb TC and crackles. I flashed it at 4AM and then immediately headed off to the Tail of the Dragon in NC. About halfway there the OAR finally settled into a -1, and I was ready to have some fun. Driveability is perfect, as it always is with stratified tunes. Power was great, and the crackles made my inner child very happy.

Once I got to the Dragon is where it all really came together. The car just clawed its way out of corners. I kept it in third gear for most of the road, and there was just torque everywhere. Instant throttle response, and very linear. Thanks again, Stratified!

Thank you everyone for your feedback and good to hang out with you [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION]; today!

Just wanted to clarify the difference between flash and custom tunes on our end. The base tune for both the flash and custom tune is the same. This base is updated as we find ways to improve it and features get released and added. For a flash tune we make a one time adjustment to this base tune based on your modifications, fuel, and options. This is based on our experience with the car and lots of data we get to see. For a custom tune we make the one time modification and then we further refine based on datalogs. There is a middle ground where we do 1 adjustment based on data if you purchase the log review with the flash tune.

We don't treat the flash tunes as an inferior product, it has all the features, driveability and refinements of the custom tune. We simply don't go through the back and forth datalogging process for the individual car. On some cars there is some room for performance and on others there isn't. I recommend the custom tunes when there are quite a few variables changed - bigger turbo of course, WMI, more exotic modifications. Or of course if you want to go through the datalogging process which people enjoy from the learning experience as well.

Thank you everyone for your feedback and good to hang out with you [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION]; today!

Just wanted to clarify the difference between flash and custom tunes on our end. The base tune for both the flash and custom tune is the same. This base is updated as we find ways to improve it and features get released and added. For a flash tune we make a one time adjustment to this base tune based on your modifications, fuel, and options. This is based on our experience with the car and lots of data we get to see. For a custom tune we make the one time modification and then we further refine based on datalogs. There is a middle ground where we do 1 adjustment based on data if you purchase the log review with the flash tune.

We don't treat the flash tunes as an inferior product, it has all the features, driveability and refinements of the custom tune. We simply don't go through the back and forth datalogging process for the individual car. On some cars there is some room for performance and on others there isn't. I recommend the custom tunes when there are quite a few variables changed - bigger turbo of course, WMI, more exotic modifications. Or of course if you want to go through the datalogging process which people enjoy from the learning experience as well.
As a very happy customer, I'll happily say that for a mostly canned tune, you guys do stellar work! It's miles above the Cobb OTS tunes in driveability. You guys are easily one of the best values out there.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THIS makes me want the flash tune even more!![thumb]

Now I just have to decide if I should wait until there are some break-in miles on the car, and the CBE and IC installed, or just go ahead and install it on a brand new car with 10 or so miles on it, and take advantage of the coming cool weather? [dunno]

AzNightmare

Alex, can you clarify a bit more on the difference between a flash tune vs a flash tune with log review?

Alex, can you clarify a bit more on the difference between a flash tune vs a flash tune with log review?
The log review adds just that - a datalog review. Once the tune has settled in you send in a set of logs to be reviewed. If the tune needs adjustments for safety based on the data or driveability based on your feedback we address it in 1 iteration.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I have been very happy with the v3 tune so far. Unfortunately the rainy season seems to have finally come so I can't romp on it like I want, but overall driveability seems improved.

I just purchased a new Fiesta ST and it's still in transit from Mexico. The only engine modification I would like to do is a Stratified Flash Tune with everything else stock. If someone could help me out, I have a couple questions:
1. I've never bought a brand new car before. Is it ok to flash the ECU with almost little miles on the car, or is there a recommended break-in period for the motor before performing a flash?
2. On 93 octane w/ COBB Traction Control, would the 2nd Gear Torque Limit option provide any benefit in my case? I really don't want any wheelspin whenever I shift into 2nd.

Based

If I get an intercooler, can I still run my stock car flash tune until I have the money to pay for a custom tune?

For those that ordered the v3 tune update, how long does it take to get the file? Ordered on Friday and can't wait to get it!

AzNightmare

The log review adds just that - a datalog review. Once the tune has settled in you send in a set of logs to be reviewed. If the tune needs adjustments for safety based on the data or driveability based on your feedback we address it in 1 iteration.
So if the "datalog review" option is not purchased, then no datalogs would be required, because we only get one tune with no revisions? Just curious on what if we run into issues with the tune and the review was not purchased?

if you review the log and there is an issue, you reply to the email that contained your tune and let them know. they do not review the log. that means you review it and let them know if there is an issue. they explain quite well what you need to look out for in the email.

For those that ordered the v3 tune update, how long does it take to get the file? Ordered on Friday and can't wait to get it!
We are working hard at filling the orders. If you've filled out the tuning form it takes 1-2 days to get the tune at most but keep in mind that each tune is modified for the individual and this takes some time especially when we have a large influx of tunes.

So if the "datalog review" option is not purchased, then no datalogs would be required, because we only get one tune with no revisions? Just curious on what if we run into issues with the tune and the review was not purchased?
If you have a log review, then the process to review the the tune on your car is started right away with instructions sent on how to do so. If you did not purchase this then there is no immediate follow up. We answers 10s if not 100s of questions from current past and future customers every day and don't leave people hanging. If there are issues with our tune we address them. However if there are issues specific to you (for example really poor fuel quality) and your particular tune needs an adjustment then this is where you would have to get a log review. You can purchase a log review at any time if you have one of our tunes.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Alex; can you comment on the question asked earlier (by GerToshav) about installing your flash tune on a BRAND NEW, low miles, FiST, since I too was wondering IF there needs to be a break-in period before using a higher performance tune in these cars. [dunno]

Alex; can you comment on the question asked earlier (by GerToshav) about installing your flash tune on a BRAND NEW, low miles, FiST, since I too was wondering IF there needs to be a break-in period before using a higher performance tune in these cars. [dunno]
You will be fine. I do recommend a break in period regardless of what tune you are running of 500-1000 miles where you vary the speed and load.