Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

When I originally e-mailed Stratified many months ago they told me they preferred to do everything on e-mail rather than phone. At that time there was no phone number on their website. With Alex's post above it is clear that they have revised that practice which I think is an excellent idea. Thanks Alex for clearing that up.
Communication is important, I understand that. We always strive to improve.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We do have a phone number. We don't take the order over the phone (for security reasons) but will be happy to answer any questions there during business hours. It's 604-285-9940. We also answer our feedback (https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us) daily and interact with many of you one on one via social media on a daily basis. So if you have questions - there are many avenues to get in touch.
THANK YOU Alex!! Will do. [thumb]

jeff

2000 Post Club
Communication is important, I understand that. We always strive to improve.
To be honest it was due to the lack of phone support that I looked elsewhere many months ago. But still I'm buying your tunes so it's a win win. My tuner doesn't offer the casper/crackle tune so I am excited to have yours. I like having tune options. I have 4 non-valet/eco tunes on my car right now that I can swap between. I'm going to a car show this weekend, for sure I'll be sporting the PnC Strat tune for that event.

I don't know how it works out on your end from a profit perspective, but I must say from a marketing viewpoint you guys are A+ here. You offer so many options and allow people to really customize the tune in so many ways. I'm not sure if things are heading this way in general but I can see that this really provides a great product for people especially who are new to tuning. It's sort of like a menu, you pick what you want and order and then it is custom made and delivered. It's great for folks who aren't really aware of the options, this helps them realize what can be done. Again for people not needing a full custom deal this is fantastic and affordable.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not to derail our own flash tune thread but we do also offer custom tunes for those that want to go this route:

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=302
Alex, just how much more peak AND 'under the curve' power (ROUGH estimate) could we expect to get from one of your custom tunes vs. the current flash tune, given just; a large aftermarket IC, GFB, or boomba aftermarket BPV, and possibly a supposedly 'NO power adding' CBE, ALL else being factory stock??

Drove it again a few minutes ago....2nd gear never felt so great. The TC is a must!!! Seriously this is the smoothest manual tranny car I've ever driven (and I have driven many) in terms of the conversation the tranny is having with the engine is having with the ECU. Can't wait to load the PnC tomorrow and see what all the rage is.
Do you have the 2nd gear torque limit option as well?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I found everything I'd ever needed to know on this forum and stratifieds web site. A smooth linear power curve can feel deceptively slower than something that's all in at first or in the case of carbs a lean stumble than a surge.

^^^IF it is the only way to get an answer right at the time of purchase, WHY NOT?!?

I'm going go out on a limb here and guess that you also ridicule anyone who does not have the absolute LATEST AND GREATEST iPhone, and Mac Daddy iPad/laptop as well? [dunno]

"OMG, he has a flip phone, he must be from the 15th century!!!" LOL
Lol! I didn't mean to sound like I was picking on you. That part about "it baffles me" was questioning why people don't do that anymore, not to pick on you. I was agreeing! The check comment was where I was joking. Sorry about the confusion, I just realized how easily my post could be taken either way.

(and you're both right and wrong. I do have the latest iPhone, but also have a flip phone that I use for a work. I like both)

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] could you please answer these questions below?

I'd still like to know how safe it is long term to be running the crackle tune on a car with stock exhaust.
To add to this... Is aftermarket DP required to safely run crackles?
Question 1 for Alex - answer the above quotes.

Question 2 for Alex - when I ordered my PnC tune I requested on the order form that I get a milder version of the PnC if possible. I didn't hear anything nor were there any notes on my delivered tune that would provide info on my request for a milder PnC. Could you tell me what I got, a milder or the full version? I was order 5757.

Thank you sir.

Do you have the 2nd gear torque limit option as well?
No, I really don't see why people get that option, if you get the traction control option it takes care of the very reasons why someone would get the traction control. Maybe it's for people who don't want the traction control but don't want tire shredding.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Tried my PnC tune today. My post above waits for Alex's reply to help me understand what I got.

I did request a mild version if possible but I'm not sure what I got. I did this because others said it was too obnoxious. In my case, whatever I got is barely noticeable. There are a few pops and crackles when downshifting and when revving at a stop, but that's it. It's very subtle and not obnoxious at all.

TUX15ST

I would imagine you have v1 crackles then, because you would know if you had v2 crackles lol, its pops all the time. I actually just went back to my older tune just for the v1 crackles because v2 was too much with my catback now.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I would imagine you have v1 crackles then, because you would know if you had v2 crackles lol, its pops all the time. I actually just went back to my older tune just for the v1 crackles because v2 was too much with my catback now.
Dang I wonder if there's a middle ground, one seems too soft and the other too loud. I have a mountune exhaust btw, that might affect something.

Are there only v1 and v2 crackles?

TUX15ST

Yeah i agree lol, there needs to be a crackles 1.5 hahaha, and yes just the two options right now. I have a map catback which is similar to mountune and cobb, and again you would definitely know if you had v2 crackles lol

jeff

2000 Post Club
Yeah i agree lol, there needs to be a crackles 1.5 hahaha, and yes just the two options right now. I have a map catback which is similar to mountune and cobb, and again you would definitely know if you had v2 crackles lol
Tell me this then good man: (no I did not read this entire thread, forgive me if it's been covered) With your catback was the v2 too loud for daily driving?

I was considering purchasing the V2 (assuming I got V1 which it sounds like is the case) but if you're saying it's obnoxious I'll pass. Someone needs to post a video of this thing in action.

All of this is crazy since I'm in the process of revising my custom tune, but still I wanted the PnC option for car shows and such....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
To those who for the e30/e85 tune....what have you found to be the most accurate mix of gas and exit for our vehicles. The gas here where I am contains 10% ethanol right of the bat and 93 is easily available.

TUX15ST

Yeah its too much for me for the dd with the catback, i will keep as an option in case i ever wanted it to "show off" kind of thing, and its not that its too loud, its more that it pops too much and too often lol. I only enjoy pops on decel when im trying to be loud.... And really despise the popping between shifts or coasting in neutral that i get with the v2