Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

neeqness

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=7326]Typical Tom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3456]ridinVINTAGE[/MENTION]

Thanks both of you for taking the time to record your exhaust. Much appreciated!

I think I'm going to have to listen to it again tomorrow because I don't think my phone speaker is replaying it accurate enough to tell right now. Tired now and big day tomorrow so I'm going to let you know tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Switched from a Magnaflow from a Fiesta SE to the MBRP.

Roadtrip out to Octane is going to really break it in. Love it so far, but we'll see what I think after 48 hours of highway driving.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

This is my car with stock exhaust with the resonator delete. It is exactly the same as stock on the inside just about. On the outside there's a decent difference. I also have the stratified tune with the crackles.

https://youtu.be/OCIEXpGgOXc

https://youtu.be/BK6cPvYyp7A
Great vid. What did you replace the resonator with? Aluminum, stainless? I'm looking to do the same thing to mine but need some guidance as to what parts to buy.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=7326]Typical Tom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3456]ridinVINTAGE[/MENTION]

Thanks again guys! Finally got around to hearing it with better sound quality and I'm so glad that I did. They sound so much better now. I have to say that I like both of your exhausts although I like ridinVintages more for that consistently deep sound. It gurgles a tad more than I'd like but maybe it's still within reason.

Hard to tell how loud it really sounds, especially with Tom's but I think I might go with a 2.5" exhaust and keep the reso. I like RVs sound the most overall so I may go with the Mishi but I still have time so we'll see. If I decide that I want a quick fix I can always go Tom's route with the reso delete first...I just wonder if it's difficult or problematic somehow to put the reso back if I find it too loud for me. Trying to avoid any drone on the highway cruising @ 75+...

Hard to tell how loud it really sounds, especially with Tom's but I think I might go with a 2.5" exhaust and keep the reso. I like RVs sound the most overall so I may go with the Mishi but I still have time so we'll see. If I decide that I want a quick fix I can always go Tom's route with the reso delete first...I just wonder if it's difficult or problematic somehow to put the reso back if I find it too loud for me. Trying to avoid any drone on the highway cruising @ 75+...

I just drove an hour of highway cruising to a car show today and there was no drone. I'll see if I can get a better video shot today or tomorrow to see if that helps give you a better idea of how the res delete sounds. Even if you're not going to do it I'll probably shoot a better video and post it here anyways.

You can't really hear the res delete in the cabin unless you get on it a little or if you have all the windows down cruising around town (less wind noise).

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Cool Tom, thanks for the followup. That would be interesting to see and hear. I'll be looking out for that.

[MENTION=4988]neeqness[/MENTION]

Here it is. Did a more extensive video than originally planned.

[video=youtube;9q3U11OuL50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3U11OuL50[/video]

neeqness

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=4988]neeqness[/MENTION]

Here it is. Did a more extensive video than originally planned.
Nice vid Tom! Thanks again for going over and above on the vid! Much appreciated!

I found that 77-87 droned like crazy. 75 was fine, and 90 was fine. Thank God for 80 speed limit most everywhere west of the Mississippi.

Can confirm... ridiculous amounts of drone. Drive to San Diego was a loud one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MBRP is the only exhaust I really like but since I drive mostly highway, I'll have to look elsewhere. The limit is 70 here but commuting speed is normally 85+

brbauer2

The MBRP is the only exhaust I really like but since I drive mostly highway, I'll have to look elsewhere. The limit is 70 here but commuting speed is normally 85+
I had my rear seats down on my trip and that added slightly to the noise. The drone quieted down after 90 and was nearly non existent 70-75.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I found that 77-87 droned like crazy. 75 was fine, and 90 was fine. Thank God for 80 speed limit most everywhere west of the Mississippi.

I'm still a novice to this so I could be wrong but this type of drone seems like it could be cause to some harmonic vibration at certain frequencies. Perhaps primarily when the engine is running at a certain rpm?

I think I'll be doing a resonator delete soon. I have an MAPerformance intake for my FiST. The added airflow from the intake will add to the growl of the car. I'll send a vid once it's done.

I have a MBRP in T409 Stainless on the way. Can't wait, gonna sound dank. Now should I install a catless DP as well? Be a good time to do it.

M

Yes you will get a bottle neck with the stock DP if not. This turbo will flow a significant amount more than stock. The mbrp sounds great and will wake the neighbors!!

RooT

Ordered the Milltek Race non-res version here. Install will be on thursday or friday and a trackday on Sunday.. So excited!

Has anyone had any decibel tests done? Trackday limits are mostly 98db here in Europe. I hope it won't be too loud, I have no idea tho.