Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Yeah it was wet yesterday and if I gun it in first or second the car does not spin. Because I have the Cobb TC. I took it off and gunned it in first and second and man I spun bad. It really does work and I don't even realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find that hard to believe since my otherwise stock car will spin in first and second with the cobb tc, and or it becomes intrusive enough to hamper acceleration if I'm ugly with the throttle. Last night in the rain I spun 3rd enough to set the tc light at 45km/h once I hit boost. I'm running Strat ots and Strat tc, which is orders of magnitude better than the cobb tc.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware of COBB has a new update for the Accessport. If I'm happy with my current stratified tune, would anything be affected if I just update my AP to v3.10??
The AP is not v3.10. That is just Stratified's naming convention for their tunes. Their v3.10 tunes in combination with the latest Cobb firmware will allow you to adjust LC and FFS RPMs yourself through the AP. If you just update the AP without getting a new/revised tune, you will not have that option, but nothing bad should happen.

Based

I find that hard to believe since my otherwise stock car will spin in first and second with the cobb tc, and or it becomes intrusive enough to hamper acceleration if I'm ugly with the throttle. Last night in the rain I spun 3rd enough to set the tc light at 45km/h once I hit boost. I'm running Strat ots and Strat tc, which is orders of magnitude better than the cobb tc.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Well that's what I meant. I have the stratified tc. I just didn't know it was called stratified tc.

I will take a video next time it rains

Well that's what I meant. I have the stratified tc. I just didn't know it was called stratified tc.
Yeah, Cobb has their own on the Accessport by default, but the Strat has a much better strategy and works far, far better.

The OEM just stops your wheels from spinning; Strat and Cobb help you keep forward traction. Subtle but important difference.

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] forgive my ignorance if this is not even in the realm of possibility (or was explained previously), but it would be great if we could set a default on the Stratified traction control as well as the Cobb traction control. I find myself constantly disabling Cobb's TC and changing the Strat TC to 8 to allow most slip. Just a friendly suggestion to improve user experience.

AFAIK, thru phonecons with Stratified, they can provide you with the default (key turn-on) TC level of your choice. I believe it would become your new Mode 1. That's what I recall Aaron offering me.

Based

So what is the difference between Cobb tc and strat tc? I didn't realize stratified had its own tc. I just thought they made it possible to pick the intensity of the traction control

Hello,

Does Stratified take into account the mods you have in your car while making a specific tune? I'm curious, because I have a catless DP and charge pipe coming in. Disclosure: I have a Strat tune already. I was going to call them to find out, but they are closed for the rest of the week.

In any case, what do you guys recommend aside from Stratified? DHM? Mountune? Tune+, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

- JR

Hello,

Does Stratified take into account the mods you have in your car while making a specific tune? I'm curious, because I have a catless DP and charge pipe coming in. Disclosure: I have a Strat tune already. I was going to call them to find out, but they are closed for the rest of the week.

In any case, what do you guys recommend aside from Stratified? DHM? Mountune? Tune+, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

- JR
Yep, the mods the car has are taken into account when creating your tune.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

- JR
Once does not simply ask what's better than the best;-)

Sent from my CIA monitored device

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] forgive my ignorance if this is not even in the realm of possibility (or was explained previously), but it would be great if we could set a default on the Stratified traction control as well as the Cobb traction control. I find myself constantly disabling Cobb's TC and changing the Strat TC to 8 to allow most slip. Just a friendly suggestion to improve user experience.
Mode 1 which is what it defaults to is close to mode 4 if manually selecting. Do you meant to set mode 8 settings as default in mode 1. If you want small adjustments like this done after the tune is built you can get a tune adjustment:

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=627

So what is the difference between Cobb tc and strat tc? I didn't realize stratified had its own tc. I just thought they made it possible to pick the intensity of the traction control

We use the software that COBB provides and calibrate it to what we feel works best.

AzNightmare

I just want to clarify, it's possible to have a 93 + E30 combo tune, as in Slot 1 = pump gas 93, and slot 2 = E30?
So that I can switch on the fly without requiring to reflash? I just want to minimize the amount of reflashing required and I might be doing a few road trips over the summer where Ethanol won't be available.

I just want to clarify, it's possible to have a 93 + E30 combo tune, as in Slot 1 = pump gas 93, and slot 2 = E30?
So that I can switch on the fly without requiring to reflash? I just want to minimize the amount of reflashing required and I might be doing a few road trips over the summer where Ethanol won't be available.
Yes it is, that is the setup I currently have.

AzNightmare

Yes it is, that is the setup I currently have.
Is it easy to see which tune/slot you're using? Or can you easily go into the wrong slot by accident if you're not careful?
Is there some kind of indication that will let you know which tune you're in?

Is it easy to see which tune/slot you're using? Or can you easily go into the wrong slot by accident if you're not careful?
Is there some kind of indication that will let you know which tune you're in?
You can select the slot utilizing the cruise control while the vehicle is stationary for which Stratified will provide the details when you order the tune. It will show via the RPM gauge which slot you are in when you change via the cruise control functions. You can also use the AccessPort to see/change which slot you are in under tune adjustments. I have never accidentally changed the slot.

My Cobb AP says I'm pushing 26 pounds of boost. Is this a true measure? Wouldn't I have to be pushing over 300 whp to have those numbers?

Thanks!

- JR

Disclaimer: I'm running a Strat tune currently.

My Cobb AP says I'm pushing 26 pounds of boost. Is this a true measure? Wouldn't I have to be pushing over 300 whp to have those numbers?

Thanks!

- JR

26 PSI sounds about right on a Strat tune. I currently see 25 and some change, and I'm about 200WHP on 93 octane. I'm no expert but I think there are many variables other than PSI that play a role in HP. I've read previously that airflow mass is a better indicator. If I'm not mistaken a larger turbo running lower PSI can make the same or more horsepower than a smaller turbo running higher PSI.

The TC setting that is default on ours is 1 but this is very close to the middle of the range (4). We can setup any of the modes you want as default if you specify this when you purchase the feature or add it.

The Stratified TC is using the same principle as the COBB TC but we have tuned it to our liking and based on a lot of seat time what we feel works best.

Thanks!

- JR

Hi JR the boost pressure you see on the Accessport is accurate. However keep in mind that with the stock turbo you only peak at this number for a short RPM range in the low rev range. The stock turbo does not flow enough air to produce 300whp unfortunately. If you take a full datalog sweep of a pull you will see that boost pressure does drop as you head higher in RPM range.

Keep in mind that a peak boost pressure number does not tell you enough information to estimate power output. You need to know what turbo this is, how the entire pull looks like, timing, fueling, altitude, temperatures, etc.

An effective tool at estimating output if used correctly is Virtual Dyno. This uses the car weight and air resistance in conjunction with gearing and engine speed (RPM) during a full range sweep to estimate horsepower.

The article below is for a GTI but the same idea applies to the Fiesta. you just need to input the correct car setup numbers.

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/how-to-setup-and-use-virtual-dyno-for-your-vw-gti/