Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dual catch tank ....is it needed?

Am new too the fiesta just picked up my 17 and got RMM,

So my next mod on my list was the catch tank.
Doing some research and found some vendors offering the catch tank kit that goes between the PCV system. And a second setup that goes on the driver side by the intake tube.

So is both needed for good protection from oil re entry? Or is it just for highly modified HP cars

thanks

Rivy

Sorry I don't have an answer, but jumping in to see what folks have to say. I have no real plans for a catch can, but have seen some folks talk about them being pretty beneficial.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have always heard on here that the second, NOT PVC side catch can/air-oil separator is only an absolute necessity on VERY high boost, BIG TURBO, crazy high power setups (like 350+ to the wheels).

I have the Damond OCC installed on the PCV side of my stock/factory setup engine, and it is perfection (drain about an ounce or two of thin, fuel smelling, liquid out of it about every 2K miles or so, which otherwise would be going into the intake tract, and possibly depositing/baking onto the backs of the intake valves). :)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I also use a catch can and I did the math. At just 1.5 oz every 5k miles that's 27oz of oil I prevented going into the intake and on the back of the valves. Very conservative math. So you be the judge.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I also use a catch can and I did the math. At just 1.5 oz every 5k miles that's 27oz of oil I prevented going into the intake and on the back of the valves. Very conservative math. So you be the judge.

I am trapping much more than 1.5 oz of liquid every 5k miles with my Damond OCC, just like M-Sport Fan said above. If you buy a Damond, spend the extra 10 bucks for the hose sleeves.

Rivy

Good info, I see Damond, what other brands are recommended? How easy is the install?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I just installed a damond about a month ago with hose sleeves and a vta on top. I will see if it catches more than the mushimoto I had soon enough.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good info, I see Damond, what other brands are recommended? How easy is the install?
DAMOND....end of story...easy install...rugged design...hose sleeve protectors also offered against chaffing hoses....a must IMO. I own a Damond...very...very happy with purchase!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Rivy

DAMOND....end of story...easy install...rugged design...hose sleeve protectors also offered against chaffing hoses....a must IMO. I own a Damond...very...very happy with purchase!

That's a hell of a recommendation!

Rivy

I just installed a damond about a month ago with hose sleeves and a vta on top. I will see if it catches more than the mushimoto I had soon enough.

Awesome, can't wait to hear.

Radium engineering also has a good kit for the PCV and crankcase side. I think you can get it from them or Mountune

The Damond also includes a check valve. [thumb]

Ford Community Posts