Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine compartment air inlet

https://ibb.co/ezYhBz

This is what I've done to improve the air inlet in the engine compartment.

I've deleted all those plastic parts which blocked the air entrance in the compartment.
The car radiator now takes lot of air, thanks to the A/C radiator removal.

Another pic better shows:

https://ibb.co/m35c49

anticon

It seems like the air is just going to go around the radiator now. I assumed the plastic and deflectors keep the air going through the radiator and not around it. It seems the removal of the A/C heat exchanger will open up the surface area to the radiator though so maybe it balances out?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
This honestly looks like it would hurt cooling more then it would help it. All the plastic shrouding in the front of the car is meant to funnel air into the factory heat exchangers. I would not be surprised of this caused more overheating issues with your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #4
It seems like the air is just going to go around the radiator now. I assumed the plastic and deflectors keep the air going through the radiator and not around it. It seems the removal of the A/C heat exchanger will open up the surface area to the radiator though so maybe it balances out?
What You said is right [:)]
However I can say that before my...lightening work, the engine heated up a lot, after I noticed an exponential improvement [:)] [:)]

cxwrench

I wonder if Ford has any engineers that actually designed that ducting so it worked better than not having it?

Mikey456

I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish with that setup. But I trimmed About 1 inch of rubber between the rain gutter and the engine compartment to vent some of the hot air out of the engine particularly in the turbo area. The rain gutter is still a quarter inch deep in that area, so unless it really pours rain The water should not enter the engine bay.