Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ian’s Tuxedo black 15’ Fiesta ST

Starting a build thread as I’ve started modding my car more now that I have time and am no longer working at a ford dealer
My first new car from the dealership was a 14 hatch Focus SE 5 speed and the car was cursed in my opinion

3 accidents before 30k talked the body shop into putting an ST bumper on it but eventually traded it in for the beautiful ST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #2
First thing I did was swap over my roof rack and then a Boomba BOV adapter

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #4
Then after that it stayed pretty much stock until recently, WWP 3” cat back- dark ice designs hood struts and I got my first replacement set of tires, went with a 205/45/17 michilen A/S instead of the terrible 205/40/17 Bridgestone potenza

I am aware that the tips are not level and it bothers me but there’s not much I can do until I get it on a lift to heat up and bend one of the exhaust hangers.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #5
Oh and I forgot to add that I upgraded to the Thule aeroblade cross bars and new bike mounts. I’m really happy with how they look, with my old fork style mount I couldn’t open the hatch all the way without the wing hitting the back tire, the new trays move everything forward and fitment is nicer, I haven’t always been a fan of bike holders that grab the frame, but so far so good with these.

It pays to have a friend who’s a Thule rep also

Also added the Ford carbon fiber shift knob, unlike a lot of others it’s nice and tight and doesn’t inhibit the reverse lockout. It’s actually easier to pull up

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #6
More photos of the roof rack set up, you can see the two different style racks and the last picture shows the difference between the fork mount and frame mount, the new ones I currently have are Thule Pro-ride’s

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #8
Plans coming up include: Cold air intake, still wondering which brand to go with l
Tints 20% all the way around and hopefully soon an AP and FMIC

Welcome imcfarland93- I'm located in central CT and am an avid cyclist/ racer etc. I decided on a hitch mount instead of the roof option (I've had all of the above bike rack options in the past). If you're big into riding, we should get together. I'm primarily a roadie, but hit the trails every so often; I also work a bit at a bike shop.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #10
Welcome imcfarland93- I'm located in central CT and am an avid cyclist/ racer etc. I decided on a hitch mount instead of the roof option (I've had all of the above bike rack options in the past). If you're big into riding, we should get together. I'm primarily a roadie, but hit the trails every so often; I also work a bit at a bike shop.
Absolutely man!, I grew up a roadie and then switched to Cross primarily, and I do a bit of mountain biking. My only complaint with the hitch is getting rear ended. But either way if you get hit there is bound to be some damage. I’d be more sad about the bikes than the car

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
'Cross is COOL, and you have a huge amount of events/series in New England to support specialization in it!

Is that Trek set up as a trials type rig, or just a casual trail bomber?

Way back in my ancient N.J.B.C./Paris-Sport days (early to mid '70s) we were not just encouraged to, but expected to compete in EVERYTHING (road, track {Kissena Park Velodrome was ALL we had back then!}, 'cross, grass track, hillclimb)!

This was LONG BEFORE the pioneers even started 'mountain biking' on Mt. Tamalpais, bringing about that whole revolution. ;)

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #12
'Cross is COOL, and you have a huge amount of events/series in New England to support specialization in it!

Is that Trek set up as a trials type rig, or just a casual trail bomber?

Way back in my ancient N.J.B.C./Paris-Sport days (early to mid '70s) we were not just encouraged to, but expected to compete in EVERYTHING (road, track {Kissena Park Velodrome was ALL we had back then!}, 'cross, grass track, hillclimb)!

This was LONG BEFORE the pioneers even started 'mountain biking' on Mt. Tamalpais, bringing about that whole revolution. ;)
The trek is set up as a hard tail trail rig, tubeless 29er+ with dropper post and 120mm rockshox revelation fork. It’s a blast and it’s relatively light so I can toss it around corners pretty good.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #13
Not a lot going on lately, we had a bunch of rain last night and now it’s below freezing this morning. Such a weird winter thus far, doing some side jobs here and there, exhaust manifolds on an F-250, brakes here and there, my main question is BESIDES the accessport what mod have you done that you saw the most gain, either in handling or performance or just day to day driving??

Rear motor mount is worth it. Also mud flaps. At first I didn’t want them but after diving the car I can see where the salt/ rocks etc will mess up the paint so I felt they were a good investment. Short shifter is also a great sub $100 mod.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #15
Rear motor mount is worth it. Also mud flaps. At first I didn’t want them but after diving the car I can see where the salt/ rocks etc will mess up the paint so I felt they were a good investment. Short shifter is also a great sub $100 mod.
I’ve been toying with the short shifter idea. Do you have one? What did you go with?

I have the FSWerks. I think they're all pretty much the same. Throws are improved, but nothing crazy. Took about 30 mins. from start to finish to install. I also upgraded my arm rest and shift boot to nicer leather. If we ever meet up, I have an extra set from redlinegoods.com if interested.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #18
I have the FSWerks. I think they're all pretty much the same. Throws are improved, but nothing crazy. Took about 30 mins. from start to finish to install. I also upgraded my arm rest and shift boot to nicer leather. If we ever meet up, I have an extra set from redlinegoods.com if interested.
Thanks man!! I’ll keep that in mind! I like FSwerks. They make good stuff

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #19
Nice trade. Subbed[hihi]
Thank you!!! I feel late to the game with all the posts on this forum from years ago but hey, WTH I have a Jeep forum might as well have one for the FiST

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #20
So lemme tell you something, I figured I’d try out this $4 sound symposer delete. And I happened to be at the hardware store and low and behold. They had exactly 1, 1-1/4” barbed PVC plug. I got that and a hose clamp and did the swap and took it for a test, WOW I’m no longer hearing noise from front and back making a subwoofer out of the cabin. I can hear my exhaust clearer and it almost drones less now, I can punch it and I hear exhaust and some engine noise that’s now coming from outside instead of inside. Highly recommend doing this mod. Idk what took me so long