Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How obnoxious is the 2j intake, really?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just wondering - I have an injen right now and its fine, but I saw the 2j is on presale and it got me thinking... whooshy suckblow noises! Might even be enough for me to go back to stock exhaust, though I like the pops and burbling. In a daily-driving context, is the 2j really that intrusive? For example - can you still take a call on the built in bluetooth if needed, or is the noise too much?

V_2

If you don't mind feeling like you're at cruising altitude in a regional jet while on the highway, I'd say go for it. I had it, tried adding noise insulation to no avail, then got rid of it for a MAP intake.

I still use my bluetooth for conversations though. If you don't mind hearing every noise your turbo makes then it's a pretty good choice except it's a pain in the ass to install

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
For my personal taste. I feel the novelty would wear off eventually. It would hilarious at first but then I feel would get mentally exhausting. ITG is perfect because you still get the jet plane noises but its not right at the firewall so its not as intrusive.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
i drove one with it. It's insane. Great noises and all but i couldn't imagine being able to ever relax in the car. It just kept yelling at me to go faster!

I have had mine for a year and I drove 800 miles to Florida. It wasn't bad, even my wife got used to it. Still love seeing peoples reactions when they first hear it. Usual they say "holy fuck what is that" and I love it.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I think I'm gonna do it lol.

I still need to research what I need to do for my '17, I think MAF extender, then this dealie https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/air-induction/ford-intake-adapter-fiesta-st-2016-2017

Update: ordered. Will have it mid-march. I got the JST plug and play MAF harness, since its plug and play I am going out on a limb and assuming that means no cutting. I'll order the cobb doohickey when it's closer to "time". Shipping was surprisingly expensive.

I also need to find a part number for the stock cowl to have on hand.

I think I'm gonna do it lol.

I still need to research what I need to do for my '17, I think MAF extender, then this dealie https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/air-induction/ford-intake-adapter-fiesta-st-2016-2017

Update: ordered. Will have it mid-march. I got the JST plug and play MAF harness, since its plug and play I am going out on a limb and assuming that means no cutting. I'll order the cobb doohickey when it's closer to "time". Shipping was surprisingly expensive.

I also need to find a part number for the stock cowl to have on hand.
Just as a heads up, I don't think the Cobb adapter is long enough to reach to the 2J. When I put my 2J in, I ordered the adapter from Whoosh, just something to think about [cool]

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Just as a heads up, I don't think the Cobb adapter is long enough to reach to the 2J. When I put my 2J in, I ordered the adapter from Whoosh, just something to think about [cool]
well if whoosh has it then I'll order from Ron, he kicks ass.
Do you remember what it was called?

This thingy? https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ta-st-evap-purge-p144c-check-engine-light-fix

The Cobb one says its been redesigned to resolve CEL's, the whoosh reviews still show CEL issues. Hm.

Ya I have a 2016 and have the 2015 evap system from whoosh. You can also get it from ford parts giant. The map extension I used is for a mustang.

The fix from whoosh didn't work for me I had to get the 2015 evap system but whoosh has that too

SrsBsns

I couldn't tell from the pictures, is the intake exposed to the opening in the cowl? Would it be exposed to rain, or is it sheltered underneath?

V_2

You cut a hole in the lower cowl panel for the intake tube and the filter sits inside the cowl under the upper vents. Water shouldn't be an issue unless you are in a monsoon. And you can get a wrap for the filter for extra protection if it worries you.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
I couldn't tell from the pictures, is the intake exposed to the opening in the cowl? Would it be exposed to rain, or is it sheltered underneath?
It is conceivably an issue, you can get the "sock" that goes around the filter as extra peace of mind. I'm in southern california so I'm not too worried.

I had had no problems with it, I am in Kentucky but I have heard of others have a problem.