Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Valley (San Diego?) Cruise Runs

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Hey guys.

Just wanted to post an invite to those interested in a local meet and cruise in this area. If you're interested post some times you are available and some runs that you are interested in and let's see if maybe we can meet up this weekend!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Hey guys.

Just wanted to post an invite to those interested in a local meet and cruise in this area. If you're interested post some times you are available and some runs that you are interested in and let's see if maybe we can meet up this weekend!

I am free on the weekends in the AM. I'm up for some cruises. ACH, GMR, Idyllwild are some that I cruise through every now and then. Usually when I hit Idyllwild I make a stop in Cabazon to take some pics with the Dinosaurs.

SrsBsns

I'm in SD but I'm up for a cruise. That would be a blast. I'm new to the Fiesta community so it would cool to meet other owners.

I'm in SD but I'm up for a cruise. That would be a blast. I'm new to the Fiesta community so it would cool to meet other owners.
Are there any nice cruises in SD? I head out in that direction pretty regularly. I would be willing to meet up and cruise out in that area.

SrsBsns

I'm not sure actually. I've been living in the LA area for the last 8 years and never really spent much time in SD.

I've heard Palomar is great but I haven't been there yet. I've also heard that there are some great roads in Julian.

Depends on what you're looking for. Those two are going to be more twisty mountain roads rather than an ocean side cruise.

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I go to SD occassionally. I would be ok with that if others are willing. I used to live there for a few years but I never did any real cruises so I'm up to cruising wherever you guys want to go.

But I might not be able to go to SD this weekend.

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I am free on the weekends in the AM. I'm up for some cruises. ACH, GMR, Idyllwild are some that I cruise through every now and then. Usually when I hit Idyllwild I make a stop in Cabazon to take some pics with the Dinosaurs.
About what time would you be willing to go?

About what time would you be willing to go?

ACH and GMR I like to go before all the riff raff. Im talking heading up no later than 7:30. I might be free saturday morning this week if you are.

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
[MENTION=6197]eddietorr[/MENTION] I usually sleep in or run errands Sat morning, but I'd come out this Sat if more people are able to make it...

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Ortega hwy is in the middle between la and sd. I was thinking about the 23rd next month? Enough time to get the word out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SrsBsns

Ortega is fun and I'd feel way better in the FiST than I would on the bike.

I would recommending going earrrrrrly. Past 9 or 10 it gets pretty crowded with local traffic and can kill the fun.

There's a Shell station that's right off of the 5 where we could meet up. I'd be up for it.

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Looks like 2 - 3 people so far. Ortega on Saturday @ 8?
[MENTION=8545]SrsBsns[/MENTION] I'm not familiar with this run. Could you post a general location of the Shell for anyone that doesn't know it to meet us? I might be able to find it on my app once I get a general idea where it's at.

I think I found it now. Is it the CA-74 highway? Are we starting on the OC side or in Riverside?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I live on the riverside county side myself but if we meet on tge other side I get to drive it twice lol. My older 2 boys love that drive. There 11 and 8.

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I'm coming from LA so it would be best for me to start on the OC side too. I wonder which side the Shell is on? I like Shell so I can refuel if needed...

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
He said theres a shell on the 5 side. I havent looked it up either.

SrsBsns

The Shell station is here:

27101 Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

It's right off of the 5 at the base of the mountain. It's on the OC side. This is where I've always met up when I ride Ortega.

Might try & meet up at that time. Probably better if we meet up after the next light from the Shell since it is going in the oposite direction from Ortega, just a thought. Not really much parking at that gas station, too.

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Yup, sounds good to me.

SrsBsns

If you're coming from the 15, yeah, it wouldn't make sense for you to go this way.

I'm coming from the 5, so it makes more sense. The gas station is on the corner of the 5N onramp and Ortega Highway.

The station has a decent amount of parking and when you make a left out of the station, Ortega is right there.

Although if enough people want to meet up on the other side, I can just take the 15 up instead of the 5.