Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock 2016 FIST Turbo Noises

Just to provide some bakground, i've owned my 2016 since new and have zero airbox/power mods. I'm a little surprised at how vocal the little car is despite owning it for 13k miles. I can clearly hear the turbo spool and even a BPV "whoosh" when I let off of the throttle. I am a little surprised surprised to hear the BPV noise in 2/3 after being under light load while accellerating and letting off around/before 2500 RPM. Maybe it is just the placebo effect, but when driving the car in 90+ temps the noises seem to be even louder than normal. In lower gears its much more audible since there is less road/wind noise to drown it out.

Other than the power drop from the summer temps, I haven't noticed any abnormal performance. Has anyone observed their car making the same noises?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
'16 FiST owner here as well.

I can definitely hear the turbo spool and whine, and the symposer is very audible at certain speeds/rpms as well.

Ive also got a BOV plate and cat-back exhaust while running a "crackle and pop" tune... So i hear lots of stuff while driving!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
'16 FiST owner here as well.

I can definitely hear the turbo spool and whine, and the symposer is very audible at certain speeds/rpms as well.

Ive also got a BOV plate and cat-back exhaust while running a "crackle and pop" tune... So i hear lots of stuff while driving!

Before installing the BOV plate, did you hear any kind of similar noises?

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
That makes me feel much better about the car. I just wanted to ensure I didn't have any hose clamps that weren't fully tightened or something.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Before installing the BOV plate, did you hear any kind of similar noises?
Yeah, the turbo and the bypass would make whoosh sounds all the time. Adding a performance panel filter will make some of those sounds more audible.

If anything, the symposer would make too much droning noises for my taste.

Mikey456

I have a stock Fiesta too. I noticed when I removed the engine lid insulation more noise came into the cabin. I like the sounds/ weight savings and the fact the engine probably runs cooler w/o the insulation.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I have a stock Fiesta too. I noticed when I removed the engine lid insulation more noise came into the cabin. I like the sounds/ weight savings and the fact the engine probably runs cooler w/o the insulation.
So much for hood paint. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk