Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why Ford? Why must you Deny America!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Many factors could be in play. The new FiST comes with optional LSD and launch control. So I'm sure that helps enormously. Plus it has more HP so derp

Jerickson88

I’m still happy with mine. Fully intend to drive this car into the 2xx,xx range and after it’s paid off. After that, I’ll see what’s available. Who know what we will have 5 years from now?

It’s good that they have it over there. It works to our advantage.. atleast we won’t roll up on one at a red light lol

A7xogg

Many factors could be in play. The new FiST comes with optional LSD and launch control. So I'm sure that helps enormously. Plus it has more HP so derp
It's got a better chassis, di and port fuel injection, lighter, lsd, better gearing, smaller motor with bigger turbo, better interior. Were missing out

It's just a result of Ford's new policy to not sell any cars other than Mustangs (meeeh) and Lincolns (narcolepsy), because what Americans want is SUVs and trucks. If you want to vent, go up the street and poke the guy with the Navigator and no kids in the eye, and round the corner to the guy with the F150 that never hauls anything and kick him in the spheres.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
It's just a result of Ford's new policy to not sell any cars other than Mustangs (meeeh) and Lincolns (narcolepsy), because what Americans want is SUVs and trucks. If you want to vent, go up the street and poke the guy with the Navigator and no kids in the eye, and round the corner to the guy with the F150 that never hauls anything and kick him in the spheres.
If you actually would take time and watch the Video and Post relevant Info that would be great....mmk!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
If you actually would take time and watch the Video and Post relevant Info that would be great....mmk!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

What?
I'm just given ya some poop dawg....like you shot over my BAU. its all In good fun! [ridinghorse]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
The bow /baʊ/ is the forward part of the hull of a ship or boat, the point that is usually most forward when the vessel is underway. Both of the adjectives fore and forward mean towards the bow. The other end of the boat is the stern...as per the good old interweb! [rockon]

Let's wait and see the longevity of the 1.5 before claiming it's the next best thing.

The 1.0 was a complete trainwreck, plagued with head/headgasket issues.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Let's wait and see the longevity of the 1.5 before claiming it's the next best thing.

The 1.0 was a complete trainwreck, plagued with head/headgasket issues.

Was it really? It seemed damn popular in Europe , Ford has sold quite a lot of the 135 HP 1 liter Fiesta’s. There was also a formerly very active 1 liter Fiesta forum prior to the ST . They have been selling 1 liters for over 5 years.
This is the first time I have heard of it being plagued with headgasket issues . Please show us this info.

Was it really? It seemed damn popular in Europe , Ford has sold quite a lot of the 135 HP 1 liter Fiesta’s. There was also a formerly very active 1 liter Fiesta forum prior to the ST . They have been selling 1 liters for over 5 years.
This is the first time I have heard of it being plagued with headgasket issues . Please show us this info.
From what I've read, the 1.0 has had coolant loss issues that lead to overheating and engine damage s ranging from head warpage to gasket fails to blown engines.
There has been some issues with coolant tubes and connectors that are becoming brittle and crumble or break due to heat exposure. I have not found any deifinitive explanation of this engines causal problems. But, if an engine loses coolant it will have nearly immediate big problems

Dpro

6000 Post Club
From what I've read, the 1.0 has had coolant loss issues that lead to overheating and engine damage s ranging from head warpage to gasket fails to blown engines.
There has been some issues with coolant tubes and connectors that are becoming brittle and crumble or break due to heat exposure. I have not found any deifinitive explanation of this engines causal problems. But, if an engine loses coolant it will have nearly immediate big problems
Ya i think we are all aware that if an engine losses coolant it can usually have bigger issues due to coolant lose . Lol

Devils advocate mode...

Ah but see coolant loss issues can be monitored and sorted out with diligence by the end user in conjunction with the manufacturer. In fact in the BMW world damn near all of their inline 6’s are prone to coolant leak out the back of cylinder headgasket areas leading to a blown headgasket. Its not a if its a when yet I don’t see people bemoaning the engines as diasasters. Lol
This includes the much beloved M3 engines.

I only bring that up because people on the internet tend to blow things out of proportion. Not saying this stuff might not have happened.... but how bad is it really and how many people have really been affected? Also are there extenuating circustances that have increased probability.

I would hazard to say a bigger issue was the Focus RS head issue which turned out to be a wrong gasket being installed at the factory.

Last edited:
True enough. But, most people do not monitor coolant levels in their late model cars. They also don't have any experience in devising fixes for failing O.E. components.
I'm not placing blame on the head gasket. I would guess that it is a combination of the high engine bay temps and a bad material spec decision for fittings and connectors. The end result will be a steadily withering supply of 1.0 EB fiesta.

I've owned Ford stock for about 5 years. There stock price is in the toilet right now. I'm sure the management. Is under pressure to do something radical. To please there big shareholders
As far as head gasket issues. They used to say the 3.8 V6 had head gasket problems too. My wife got 250,000 trouble free miles out of a 96 Mustang. Don't believe everything you read.