Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded Radiator - Anyone using something other than Misimoto or Mountune?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You must pay to play in the performance game...The only way you will get a cheap radiator is VIA part out or a de-modding. I haven't seen too many radiator's come up for sale on here. Just save you money up and get either of them....but for me id wait for Ron at whoosh...I do believe he has something in the works for a radiator replacement for us that will be new! [rockon]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^YES, this is one area of mods for our rides which DESPERATELY NEEDS more competition for our hard earned coin. ;)
(We DO NOT NEED any more; RMM, intake, charge pipe, short shifter, etc. choices, but the radiator choice is sometimes LIFE or DEATH for these cars!!)

Is there even enough room up front to build something (with BIG fans/shroud) that can handle repeated hard pulls, or even a full hour+ of all out, 'max attack', open track time, even with a HUGE aftermarket, bar and plate IC blocking all of it, and 100*F+ ambients?? [???:)]

Griffin, DeWitts, C&R, Fluidyne, etc., etc. WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

^^^YES, this is one area of mods for our rides which DESPERATELY NEEDS more competition for our hard earned coin. ;)
(We DO NOT NEED any more; RMM, intake, charge pipe, short shifter, etc. choices, but the radiator choice is sometimes LIFE or DEATH for these cars!!)
Truth. As much as I love the FiST, I'm debating whether to go through the cost/effort of upgrading the radiator or just upgrading to a new car that is more track capable out of the box, despite being less practical as a DD.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Truth. As much as I love the FiST, I'm debating whether to go through the cost/effort of upgrading the radiator or just upgrading to a new car that is more track capable out of the box, despite being less practical as a DD.
Like what? Drop in a $350 intercooler and $400 radiator (do it at the same time on a Saturday) and replace your brake fluid and pads and you've got a track rat that carries groceries as easily as it does track wheels and a jack.

OP
Joshyfresh6953
Thread Starter #10

Is there even enough room up front to build something (with BIG fans/shroud) that can handle repeated hard pulls, or even a full hour+ of all out, 'max attack', open track time, even with a HUGE aftermarket, bar and plate IC blocking all of it, and 100*F+ ambients?? [???:)]

Griffin, DeWitts, C&R, Fluidyne, etc., etc. WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

Yesssss! Thank you (& everyone else) for your input! I can definitely wait for a deal this coming fall, especially if its less than whats currently available @ $500!

Like what? Drop in a $350 intercooler and $400 radiator (do it at the same time on a Saturday) and replace your brake fluid and pads and you've got a track rat that carries groceries as easily as it does track wheels and a jack.
LOL closer to $500 for Mountune, and I live in an apartment, so I can't just "drop in" a radiator in the middle of my parking garage. I'd probably have to pay for install somewhere and not sure who I'd trust with that. Anyway, I'm not saying it isn't worth doing in general. I'm just considering whether to dump more into the FiST vs. going with something with more power and RWD.

Both radiators can be found in the $400-$500 range. If you are lucky, low $400s; I think I got my Mishimoto at $375 new.

Mishimoto's is thicker 3-row design and has an "ideal" fin count. Mountune's is thin (easier to fit some things) and has a good tripple pass core design, but the fin count is really dense so there might be an airflow issue if you have a replacement crash bar and full bumper intercooler design like DHM's

Both radiators are good and made by good companies. Most of my car is Mountune's and Mishimoto's parts, minus the CPE Intake and FSWERKS exhaust.

I have a Mishimoto cold side charge pipe, radiator, overflow reservoir, J-Line intercooler.

I have Mountune's MRX Turbo, hotside charge pipe, BOV, and 5" cat converter downpipe.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
So they moved the backorder to November now? God damn.
I was just guessing. They are SHIT when it comes to estimating when something is going to be back in stock. Add 3 months to whatever they tell you.

I was just guessing. They are SHIT when it comes to estimating when something is going to be back in stock. Add 3 months to whatever they tell you.
Yeah, that was the only issue I ever had with Mountune...like 2 years ago? They made it right, eventually. They are fairly high volume from what I can tell.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Anyone still looking mountune has FiST radiators in stock right now with 24 hour ship time for 447.20 otd with code LABOR DAY.
Does their Black Friday sale go up to 25% (or MORE??) off on this item, or is this as good as it gets on price for the CSF radiator?