Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things You didn't like about FiST

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Not much I would change, short of adding features and improving quality control... on second thought I'd reverse that order and put quality control first.

Ignoring feature additions, it's the uber thin, clear-coat. There's just no excuse there.

Auto-open for the sun roof, but no auto-close. So you have to sit there and hold it, to close it, and can only close it while the engine/ignition runs.

Heated mirror option is not available without purchasing the $3,000 Ricky seats.

I'll be surprised if the exhaust makes it five years without developing a rust hole. At just two years, lot of rust developing under the driver headlight rear-mount.

I've improved the very poor lighting via LED swap-outs.

........ -rear windows don't go all the way down.
This is very common among many vehicle designs. The rear wheel well is what chops window travel.

- lock/unlock button only in center console - anyone in the back can only get out when I say so hahaha
- everytime I turn on the car, it automatically plays AM 600 (I often listen to music via USB thumb drive)
Child safety locks?
What version Sync? What size flash drive? exFAT or FAT32 file system? Try a different flash drive or reformat and reload existing one?

I'm still bothered by the intermittent clunk-clunk when engaging/disengaging the clutch despite the half-shafts being replaced once already. My coping mechanism has been to crank up the stereo volume. a[rockon]

I feel lucky that i've been able to mitigate nearly all paint damage with the clear film on the front-end and the occasional touch-up paint on the doors. The mudflaps nearly eliminated all rock chips on the sides.
Someone clued me in that it's the Dual Mass Flywheel. https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum...for-the-tranny?p=315609&viewfull=1#post315609

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Not much I would change, short of adding features and improving quality control... on second thought I'd reverse that order and put quality control first.

Ignoring feature additions, it's the uber thin, clear-coat. There's just no excuse there.

Auto-open for the sun roof, but no auto-close. So you have to sit there and hold it, to close it, and can only close it while the engine/ignition runs.

Heated mirror option is not available without purchasing the $3,000 Ricky seats.

I'll be surprised if the exhaust makes it five years without developing a rust hole. At just two years, lot of rust developing under the driver headlight rear-mount.

I've improved the very poor lighting via LED swap-outs.

........ -rear windows don't go all the way down.
This is very common among many vehicle designs. The rear wheel well is what chops window travel.

- lock/unlock button only in center console - anyone in the back can only get out when I say so hahaha
- everytime I turn on the car, it automatically plays AM 600 (I often listen to music via USB thumb drive)
Child safety locks?
What version Sync? What size flash drive? exFAT or FAT32 file system? Try a different flash drive or reformat and reload existing one?

I'm still bothered by the intermittent clunk-clunk when engaging/disengaging the clutch despite the half-shafts being replaced once already. My coping mechanism has been to crank up the stereo volume. a[rockon]

I feel lucky that i've been able to mitigate nearly all paint damage with the clear film on the front-end and the occasional touch-up paint on the doors. The mudflaps nearly eliminated all rock chips on the sides.
Someone clued me in that it's the Dual Mass Flywheel. https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum...for-the-tranny?p=315609&viewfull=1#post315609

1. Stock brakes are way too touchy (I'm coming from a Miata). Will try different pads at some point.
2. Pedal spacing is terrible (GL spacer installed)
3. What is with that damn double honk????? It drives me nuts!
4. Can't even hear the exhaust.
5. Can't hear the turn signal either.
6. A nice 16" wheel option would be great for folks that live where the roads are bad.

I would gladly trade all the technology crap for just an exhaust with some snarl, and a radio (I'm old and I listen to NPR). Otherwise I love the car, and plan to keep it until the wheels fall off. It should entertain me well into my retirement.

- 1st gear shortness
- my right knee rubs up against the plastic part, left of the shifter/AC controls and gets annoying at times
- can't manually control the interior lights, you have to lock the car to get them to shut off once you turn the engine off

fuck it tho I still love driving it... only reason I bought it cuz we all know out interiors are basic af
If you pull on the rear inside handle twice it unlocks the door, just a little built in trick...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Spork1569

Quality control for some things can be a bit annoying, I have the base seats and the plastic underneath always seems to detach from from me getting in and out and I have to reattach it. (pics attached)

Plus on my A pillar near the driver's side dash there's this incredibly annoying joint that always comes apart after a few days and I have to push it back into place when I remember.

I love this car but little things like that on the interior, as well as the occasional Bluetooth issue with my phone remind me that it is a Ford after all.

But even then I still plan on driving the little bean to death lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

DBLE

I'm pretty forgiving, but my two biggest complaints:

1. pedal placement (tried the GL spacer but didn't like it)
  2. center console (the lid would hit my elbow on 2/4/6 shifts ... ended up just removing the lid :ROFLMAO:)
But otherwise the car is a hoot to drive.

Buying this car I knew there would be things I'd give up and that is a decision I made- include paint, rattles, etc.

However the small gripes:
No passenger auto down window
Sync 3 inconsistent I.E. sometimes doesn't work as designed

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My two main gripes come down to

Piss poor paint quality and application from the factory
Body part alignment is hit and miss, because of that I get a bit of wind shear noise at round 80mph that without proper door alignment causeing better seal would not happen.
Though this is based on a bottom of the line economy car assembled In Mexico. My 2012 Focus assembled in Michigan was a bit better but it had its issues as well,including crap paint.

I think the Euro ones possibly have better paint and body part alignment because the cars are assembled in Germany. Though I could be wrong.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
1. Stock brakes are way too touchy (I'm coming from a Miata). Will try different pads at some point.
2. Pedal spacing is terrible (GL spacer installed)
3. What is with that damn double honk????? It drives me nuts!
4. Can't even hear the exhaust.
5. Can't hear the turn signal either.
6. A nice 16" wheel option would be great for folks that live where the roads are bad.

I would gladly trade all the technology crap for just an exhaust with some snarl, and a radio (I'm old and I listen to NPR). Otherwise I love the car, and plan to keep it until the wheels fall off. It should entertain me well into my retirement.

I also could not hear (due to age related, and noise incurred hearing loss) the factory exhaust/engine at all, to the point that I was burning up the clutch on take offs/launches.
So, I installed a CP-E Nexus system to cure that, within 3 months of taking delivery of the car (would have gone with the Thermal instead, had it been available at that time).

If I HAD to take a factory 17" wheel, I would have much rather preferred the 'parts bin' Ford Performance/Racing 'Focus Rally' multi-spoke deals over our 'daisy' fuglies. [wink]
(But yes, a 16" winter/bombed-out roads option would have been sweet.)

The lack of a factory limited slip option (or standard, better yet), and a 2 door (or 3 door if you insist on calling a 2 door hatch that), are the only other major regrets about this car for me.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I actually like the "0" gear. There are six forward gears, what do I mean by "zero" gear? The sixth gear on the shifter, was added before first, rather than after fifth gear. Hellovalot less clutching in creep & stop traffic! Prior vehicle, first gear was a jogging speed. This vehicle, first gear is a slow paced walking speed. No hanging three car lengths back to avoid 524½ clutch starts before getting out of a traffic jam.

Black trim on roof and along doors, paint bubbles/rust starting on inside edge of hatch door and both front doors, cup holders on doors stick out too far always scuff it with my shoe, wind whistle coming from sunroof when closed...

I still love my car though...I cant deny that it makes me smile everyday or deny that I plan on putting thousands more dollars into it...

Damn you Ford...damn you for making something more fun than my dearly departed '99 zx2...

Then you go and give the Brits something even better and take it all away from us!? Where will we go? What will we do?

I will not grow a mullet and buy a truck like you want Americans to do!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Black trim on roof and along doors, paint bubbles/rust starting on inside edge of hatch door and both front doors, cup holders on doors stick out too far always scuff it with my shoe, wind whistle coming from sunroof when closed...

I still love my car though...I cant deny that it makes me smile everyday or deny that I plan on putting thousands more dollars into it...

Damn you Ford...damn you for making something more fun than my dearly departed '99 zx2...

Then you go and give the Brits something even better and take it all away from us!? Where will we go? What will we do?

I will not grow a mullet and buy a truck like you want Americans to do!

Whats wrong with a Mullet? I have a mullet.....I own a SUV also....But a very Special one at that..... Hence my Profile name.... I do the Occasional mane dance with my Mullet....If your asking what a mane dance is? It is this.....just like a rain dance....But with a very fine mane like this guy has. I get compliments on mine all the time.....From Women....they love to run their finger through it. Business In the front and Party in the Back my friend!

Last edited:
Whats wrong with a Mullet? I have a mullet.....I own a SUV also....But a very Special one at that hence my Profile name.... I do the Occasional mane dance with my Mullet....If your asking what a mane dance is? It is this.....just like a rain dance....But a mane dance.
Ok, well I'll admit we have a Ford Escape Titanium 2.0L EcoBoost AWD...but seriously I got two kids and its damn quick for a "CUV", I clocked a 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.

When you do your mane dance does hockey hair fall from the skies and land on everyone's heads transforming them and making their sleeves fall off? Because that would be awesome!

Dib

my only complaints are the things i didn't buy. You get what you pay for, it's a 20k car. but that MFing blender door and go kick rocks.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok, well I'll admit we have a Ford Escape Titanium 2.0L EcoBoost AWD...but seriously I got two kids and its damn quick for a "CUV", I clocked a 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.

When you do your mane dance does hockey hair fall from the skies and land on everyone's heads transforming them and making their sleeves fall off? Because that would be awesome!

No but my Steps in the side of my mullet makes the women swoon and the dudes Jelly that I have the balls to actually do it......IDGAF....YOLO!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
my only complaints are the things i didn't buy. You get what you pay for, it's a 20k car. but that MFing blender door and go kick rocks.
I bought the FiST Fully loaded....sometimes I'm thankful I did and sometimes I wish I wouldn't have done it......Got to buy a vehicle at least once fully loaded in your life!

Last edited:
Coming from an old mustang as a daily, this is so much more useable and I'm fine with it. I wish I got what I really wanted instead (FoST), but I settled with this. I do dislike some design ideas though
-Center information screen, lack of boost gauge, oil pressure gauge
-Center console
-Seating - sat in a FoST that came in for service and having the seat pitch downward would be great. Also being 5' 11" I'm positioned parallel to the B-pillar and can sometimes obstruct my view at an intersection as well as render the sun visor useless (a telescoping one like the FoST would be nice)
-Recaro's that can fit my fat butt - I wonder if mustang recaros could be swapped in? Stock seats are ok but shift me forward under braking
-Lack of engine noise - both a good and bad thing
-The shift indicator is annoying sometimes, I don't want to be in 6th all the time in traffic that varies its speed
-The ham hand people that rust proofed this car under the previous owner, so there's a rattle in the driver door panel