Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST trip odometer

I'm in the long habit of using the trip odometer for oil changes but the ST seems to roll back to zero at some predetermined number. This is twice now it's happened, the first time I convinced myself I must have reset it by accident. Does anyone know what this reset number is? Thanks

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Not much info on this.
However, others have complained of the same thing at around 2000-2500 miles on different model cars and trucks.
Ford's response is that the problem is non-existent.

I guess the only thing that can be done, would be if more people on this forum run tests.
Maybe we can then see if the problem affects others.

Dave

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not much info on this.
However, others have complained of the same thing at around 2000-2500 miles on different model cars and trucks.
Ford's response is that the problem is non-existent.

I guess the only thing that can be done, would be if more people on this forum run tests.
Maybe we can then see if the problem affects others.

Dave
I will verify that it resets around 2500 miles on my 15' as I was hoping to use it on my Florida Keys trip for a total mileage tracker.....Nope reset itself...I wasn't impressed.....did it on the way home also.[bootyshake]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will verify that it resets around 2500 miles on my 15' as I was hoping to use it on my Florida Keys trip for a total mileage tracker.....Nope reset itself...I wasn't impressed.....did it on the way home also.[bootyshake]
I had the same experience on a long trip. I think it reset @ about 2000.

I'm in the long habit of using the trip odometer for oil changes but the ST seems to roll back to zero at some predetermined number. This is twice now it's happened, the first time I convinced myself I must have reset it by accident. Does anyone know what this reset number is? Thanks
Haha yea I am glad to see someone else has experienced this too... I had same problem and I was like wtf.. a fully digital system and it can't let it go past a couple thousand... Pretty stupid IMO.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk