Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Planned FiST Purchase Next Week

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a Used Tux Black 2015 FiST with Recaros and moonroof with ~ 18k miles from Carvana. The Carfax says it was a lease Fremont, CA. It seems to be in great shape. If anyone on here recognizes this car I'd be happy to give you an internet high five.

I'm coming from a 2010 World Rally Blue WRX STi SE which I owned in Washington State where it was the perfect car for blasting around in the woods and the snow. However, I recently moved to Atlanta and even though I loved the car, it was a real drag to drive around the city with it's heavy clutch and drinking premium fuel at a rapid rate. I also couldn't really use its incredible performance in the city or even on nearby backroads like I could on snowy mountain roads in the national forest. So I decided that driving a fast car slow wasn't very fun and I sold it to a friend and it now resides around Richmond, VA.

I had been looking for a fuel efficient city car to replace her and was seriously considering a hybrid of some sort. But after test driving a few cars including the Fiesta ST (twice actually) and crunching some numbers, I've decided I can have my cake and eat it too with a fiesta. It sounds like it's still good fun to drive in the city, gets decent milage, is very fun on weekend backroads, and most importantly, is a hatchback that I can throw all my adventure toys in.

I plan to be fairly active on the forums. Short term goals for the car would include a roof rack (suggestions appreciated) and Access Port V3. Longer term I'm thinking to go Cobb stage 3 or equivalent. We will see what happens.

I have an appointment to pick the car up next Monday morning. I'll keep everyone informed.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Forget Cobb stg 3. Get the AP, a Depo IC, and a stratified tune for 50 bucks and be happy. I know I am :) Great car. I also bought it to have my cake and eat it too. It has more than surpassed my expectations and is easily in my top 3. Welcome aboard

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard. I'm sure the FiST will bring a lot smiles during your ownership.

OP
McPilot
Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Forget Cobb stg 3. Get the AP, a Depo IC, and a stratified tune for 50 bucks and be happy.
Haha. Thanks for the advice. Coming from a Subaru you hear Cobb getting thrown around a lot and it was an easy benchmark to use. I'll do my research before throwing mods at the thing. It's more of a long term goal anyway. I'm going to enjoy it as-is for a while.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Forget Cobb stg 3. Get the AP, a Depo IC, and a stratified tune for 50 bucks and be happy. I know I am :) Great car. I also bought it to have my cake and eat it too. It has more than surpassed my expectations and is easily in my top 3. Welcome aboard
This guy gets it[emoji457]
For canned tunes , Stratified is the best hands down.
Protune is even better by them[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
McPilot
Thread Starter #9
So having Stratified tune a car over the interwebs is a safe bet? It sounds like they look at your logs and will improve the canned tune for a price. I did a little reading and seems like people are happy.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
So having Stratified tune a car over the interwebs is a safe bet? It sounds like they look at your logs and will improve the canned tune for a price. I did a little reading and seems like people are happy.
Yup and Alex is a perfectionist as well. He won't put out a product til it's top notch. I've had people tell me that they liked the canned tune from [MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] over their protune from Tune+.

Stratified cares highly about drivability , which is what I wanted over anything. Power comes with tuning yes but drivability comes from a tuner who is knowledgable and gives a f#%k

Same goes for [MENTION=4308]Depo Racing[/MENTION], their products are better if not on par with big brands like Cobb etc (not better than DMH RIC+CB)

Look around, a lot of go fast bits ( no pun intended) can be had for cheap and the quality is there:)

OP
McPilot
Thread Starter #11
Here she is!

So far I've noticed that she is a blast to drive around the city and I can easily spin the tires in second if I'm not careful. The ride is pretty firm as people have said but no more so than my STi was so it doesn't bother me. I'm looking forward to many more miles of smiles.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Very nice! Parts are cheap today! Just saying [emoji23]

OP
McPilot
Thread Starter #13
I know, but I just bought a car. Not sure I feel like spending more just yet. I'll check it out though.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I hear ya, think my car was Stock for like a week[emoji53] not a good path to go down. If I could do it again, I would pace my mods

OP
McPilot
Thread Starter #15
I've only driven the car about 2 miles but I'm not sure the tires that came on it can handle any more power anyway. Maybe I'll start with some mudflaps and a roof rack.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I've only driven the car about 2 miles but I'm not sure the tires that came on it can handle any more power anyway. Maybe I'll start with some mudflaps and a roof rack.
100%
Take things at your own pace and see what you want the car to do:)

DangerMouse

Congrats! I agree, go with stratified. They pro tuned my mazdaspeed3, so when I got the fiesta I bought the accessport and flash tune from them. They are super friendly and answer all my stupid questions quickly!