Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Toyota Corolla hot hatch on the horizon?

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
just what we need another hybrid...oh and let me guess "a hot hatch with a cvt"
I'm officially out if it comes with CVT. Manual for me, or nothing at all.

I'm OK with the hybrid aspect personally, as long as it adds some performance boost

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Even the new HB version out for '19 is a huge leap forward, definitely an excellent option for those looking for a "warm" hatch for now with the Focus gone.... I think Hyundai blew it by only offering an N version in the Veloster and not in the horribly named Elantra GT Sport, which is a very solid budget GTI option. not all of us want a weird 3 door, as fairly cool as it is, we want the full 4 door hatch practicality, maybe Kia will offer a new Forte5 with the an N-like treatment as they obviously have the Stinger too... also Toyota has been known as having very aggressive styling with no substance, so it's good to see them stepping up again finally, more competition is always good!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Porsche, Ferrari, ect all have high performance hybrids. It can give you immediate take off power. Obviously it's going to add some weight so that can affect handling. I would not want a CVT but I am okay with a automatic, or dual clutch transmission. At the end of the day I plan to keep the Fiesta for a very very long time. Honestly a small truck would be very helpful around the house so that will probably be my next vehicle. The next vehicle will be for the Wife and it will probably end up being a Mustang or something similar. It will have to be an automatic as a manual transmission would stress her out in traffic or steep hills. If she wants a SUV I would be cool with a Alfa Romeo Stelvio, or the Jaguar F pace.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Porsche, Ferrari, ect all have high performance hybrids. It can give you immediate take off power. Obviously it's going to add some weight so that can affect handling. I would not want a CVT but I am okay with a automatic, or dual clutch transmission. At the end of the day I plan to keep the Fiesta for a very very long time. Honestly a small truck would be very helpful around the house so that will probably be my next vehicle. The next vehicle will be for the Wife and it will probably end up being a Mustang or something similar. It will have to be an automatic as a manual transmission would stress her out in traffic or steep hills. If she wants a SUV I would be cool with a Alfa Romeo Stelvio, or the Jaguar F pace.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Have you looked into getting an older Ranger? I really want to pick one up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Gotta start looking elsewhere with ford going down the toilet.....
Unless I or something else TOTALS it, I plan on keeping THIS car for as long as I will be alive, or we are no longer allowed to own and drive NON pod/autonomous cars.
I realize that for those 1/3 or so my age, who pile many many more miles on their cars than do I, that is not even a remote possibility. ;)

But if I were FORCED to pick a new car, and there was nothing whatsoever from either of the 'big 2' out there, and still no Euro hot hatch/performance products here, I would still take (kicking and screaming LOL) a Hyundai, or Mazda product over a Nippon Giant one.

Ford Community Posts