Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

High mileage users, what replacement parts have you needed?

For those of us, who are planning on putting 200k miles or more on their STs (keeping them for 7+ years), and are worried about replacement parts no longer being available soon for these cars, due to them being phased out,
Which parts would you recommend us to stock up on?

I figure, in USA, it's always good to stack up on the intercoolers, as when the cars phase out of existence, and demand drops, probably aftermarket parts will be harder to find as well.

In Europe the newer ST is totally different than the older models.
Rear wheel suspension, different engine, ...

So, what should ST owners stack up on?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I'm almost at 50k. I've done brakes and tires. Everything else seems good so far.

I'll be expecting brakes soon again, maybe a clutch (how many miles are most people getting out of OE clutches?), but that's it.

That and that clicking broken vent actuator I need to fix... and a bad tire pressure sensor... Ugh.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
Where's the dude with 200k+ and a big turbo at?

IIRC other than usual maintenance he had to replace a radiator at some point. but Im missing the thread...

Wow, I have another 5 years to go to retire and will put 15-20K a year on it on my super long commute. It will have 100K on it by then and at that point the value will be so low and if it gets me that far I will be happy. I can't imagine 200K out of the car personally but I could be wrong.

I honestly don't think demand will be any different on parts even though Ford will stop selling the car over here in the States. Even though a new model is being produced overseas, a lot of the parts do carry over to an extent and being that is it a very common/mainstream vehicle, parts should still be readily available. For what it's worth, I can still find parts for my 18 year old Audi with no issues.

SST

all 4 window switches replaced, 2014 car, Rockauto sells it like 50% less compare to Canadian dealer

Zormecteon

Wow, I have another 5 years to go to retire and will put 15-20K a year on it on my super long commute. It will have 100K on it by then and at that point the value will be so low and if it gets me that far I will be happy. I can't imagine 200K out of the car personally but I could be wrong.
I bought this as my retirement car. I've seen too many people who retire and think that they can finally get that big car they've always wanted. Then, 15 years later they're heads barely reach to see out the windshield and they feel the car is too big for them to drive. Plus they can't afford the gas for their behemoth. This car is small, can get good fuel economy when it's wanted, has enough room to haul things when the rear seat is folded down, and of course has the handling and zip of a sports car. There really is nothing else on the market that fulfills all those "needs". Don't know what I could replace it with, so I'll just keep it running.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I bought this as my retirement car. I've seen too many people who retire and think that they can finally get that big car they've always wanted. Then, 15 years later they're heads barely reach to see out the windshield and they feel the car is too big for them to drive. Plus they can't afford the gas for their behemoth. This car is small, can get good fuel economy when it's wanted, has enough room to haul things when the rear seat is folded down, and of course has the handling and zip of a sports car. There really is nothing else on the market that fulfills all those "needs". Don't know what I could replace it with, so I'll just keep it running.
[twothumb] ^^^THIS! (Plus, I REFUSE to drive an Avalon/Camry just because that is what a 'fossil' is now "supposed to drive". [wink])

Last edited:
OP
M
Thread Starter #16
I think for those (like me) who do mostly highway miles (about 75-90%) getting 200k miles would be easy.
A friend of mine got a 225k mile Elantra, and did another 60k miles on it. So it wouldn't surprise me, if Ford can do 250k highway miles.
It'll take quite some time getting there at 15-20k miles a year though, which is why the question.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Where's the dude with 200k+ and a big turbo at?

IIRC other than usual maintenance he had to replace a radiator at some point. but Im missing the thread...
I saw [MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION]'s posts about his legendary car. He reported being stock up to 150k miles, then adding lots of power. At 175k he was still on the original clutch, belts and hoses, and said he'd had no repairs or issues, which was all great news to me.

Here's his thread, I just found it-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5223-High-Mileage-Winner-175-000-(updated)

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
I saw [MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION]'s posts about his legendary car. He reported being stock up to 150k miles, then adding lots of power. At 175k he was still on the original clutch, belts and hoses, and said he'd had no repairs or issues, which was all great news to me.

Here's his thread, I just found it-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5223-High-Mileage-Winner-175-000-(updated)
He now has 177k miles on it, in 3 years (last post was in 2017).
It's better to get 250k miles on a car in 3 years, than 175k miles in 10 years.
I bet a lot of them were highway miles, as he lives in Australia?

Very interested in this thread. I bought mine in April (new 2017) for a 144 mile daily commute, about 40k per year. At 24.5k today, halfway from MO to Octane Academy! So far, just oil. I do hope the car's good for 200k, cuz I love it, and will love it even a tiny bit more when it's paid for. I'm not retirement age yet, but I'm pushing 50...and I will not go gently into responsible camryship, no, not ever.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk