Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PerfBlue15's Daily driver Tarmac Spec Rally Theme Build Thread

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
Ok guys here are a few Demo vids of the new tune+ launch control for the fiesta st (language warning on the in car vid)

[video]https://youtu.be/WZsn8eUgx0I[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/npRhnMZyPio[/video]

Thanks again @<a href="http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/member.php?u=3805" target="_blank">Tune+</a> I cannot express how satisfied I am with my Tune and your customer service.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
And one last video with the nailed down @<a href="http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/member.php?u=3805" target="_blank">Tune+</a> Casper cam tune idle, and a fairly decent exhaust clip of my @<a href="http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/member.php?u=2055" target="_blank">CMbuildz Racing</a> exhaust.

[video]https://youtu.be/86nAE_k68AE[/video]
Stay tuned for more clips next week when the big turbo goes on.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
I've been thinking about that 2j cowl intake and was wondering how the install went. Also I saw that you had the dry bag around it, does that keep it completely dry in heavy rains? Love the look to the car!
I have never personally checked it, but I have driven the car in some monsoon like rain and not had any issues with water sucking into the intake. I ran the dry filter as a just incase.

And thanks I'm going to change it up with some RS hood vents this coming weekend to complete the RS clone look.
Thanks I've been through a lot of exhaust changes to come to this setup.

I have never personally checked it, but I have driven the car in some monsoon like rain and not had any issues with water sucking into the intake. I ran the dry filter as a just incase.

And thanks I'm going to change it up with some RS hood vents this coming weekend to complete the RS clone look.

Thanks I've been through a lot of exhaust changes to come to this setup.
Awesome thank you! The website it's very loud intake noise after install what are your thoughts on the noise level after install? Was install difficult at all?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
Awesome thank you! The website it's very loud intake noise after install what are your thoughts on the noise level after install? Was install difficult at all?
The intake is loud. There's no way around it. It sounds like the turbocharger noises from gran tourismo 2 are in my glove box. It's awesome if you don't mind noise and like turbo sounds. The install was very easy imo. All you really need is basic hand tools and common sense.

The intake is loud. There's no way around it. It sounds like the turbocharger noises from gran tourismo 2 are in my glove box. It's awesome if you don't mind noise and like turbo sounds. The install was very easy imo. All you really need is basic hand tools and common sense.
That's awesome! Thank you for the info!

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
I'm cross posting this from the Tune+ review thread because I am so damn impressed
Ok, I've been holding off writing this review until I had a nailed down tune that is semi finalized.

First off i wanted to start by saying I was originally approached my another popular tuner on this site reguarding tuning my car for a discount because i was a ford employee. I graciously declined the offer (because i was not confident in that tuners abilities)

As many of you know i recently purchased a big turbo so the time finally came for me to find someone i trust tuning my car. I had heard nothing but good things about Adam at Tune+ from [MENTION=2687]RobK[/MENTION] so i decided to give him a shot after seeing his work on rob's car.

With Adam's tune from the word go I have been impressed with his customer service and tuning ability with our vehicle. I had ordered my tune on Friday night immediately on Saturday morning I had an email from Adam asking what mods my car had, what fuel I wanted to run and what my goals were for the car. After sending him the requested information I had a tune sent to me in less then an hour. The tune came with instructions on how to load it up and a tutorial on how to data log (for less experienced ap users) After pointing out a few small drivability issues to Adam and requesting some changes to my Casper cam idle. I received my first revision about 20 minutes after requesting it. (This is unheard of in the performance tuning world in my experience). After working out all the drivability issues. Adam and I then went on to log and power tune the car. After about 5 revisions the car pulls harder then it did on my home brew E40 tune with over 100 revisions. Adam fixed all my part throttle boost surge/drivability issues in his first revision of the tune. We are now moving on to final power tuning on the stock turbo and I will share Vdyno numbers very soon. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Adam's tune and more so his customer service. I went into this experience very nervous trusting someone to tune my baby. Now I feel at ease. I also feel I made a friend out of the process.

Thank you again [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] . I will be referring everyone I know

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
The turbo is done and the first data log pulls have been made. Holy crap 6500 rpm is cool.

First impressions with the turbo are that spool does not happen till 3500ish rpm and it is much more livable to drive with my 2j intake. The turbo is not in spool at highway speed and part throttle, so it is nice and quiet in the interior. The power band seems much more linear as well. I can't wait till we turn It up. I plan to get some slicks in the near future and see if I can run some 12's like all the DHM guys do, but with my ATP kit. Stay tuned for Vdyno numbers.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
Got my second tune revisions with some boost tonight....

Holy hell this car is insane now. 2-3 pulls are damn near instant and it is deceptively fast on the freeway. Once we hammer out the tune I'll post some Vdyno's. All I can say is the car pulls way harder then my 450+hp 98 mustang did.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Got my second tune revisions with some boost tonight....

Holy hell this car is insane now. 2-3 pulls are damn near instant and it is deceptively fast on the freeway. Once we hammer out the tune I'll post some Vdyno's. All I can say is the car pulls way harder then my 450+hp 98 mustang did.
Been awhile...Everything going ok with retune after your new 2560 turbo install?

Curious as to how much longer than expected are you finding it takes to fine tune everything out after installing the new turbo?

And when do you think you'll be posting some DataZap logs along with V-dyno results for us to see?

Eagerly waiting your results here!

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #76
Been awhile...Everything going ok with retune after your new 2560 turbo install?

Curious as to how much longer than expected are you finding it takes to fine tune everything out after installing the new turbo?

And when do you think you'll be posting some DataZap logs along with V-dyno results for us to see?

Eagerly waiting your results here!
Everything is fine adam and I were sorting out some fueling issues at high rpm with the latest cobb software. We actually figured everything out last night and are going to start screwing the boost back into it tonight. As to datalogs, I personally do not like sharing them and will not be posting them. The tune is Adam's livelihood and I am not about to share his hard work all over the Internet. It's just a personal preference for me. As to Vdyno's once we get some numbers I'm happy with it will share some with the boost curve and afr for you guys.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Everything is fine adam and I were sorting out some fueling issues at high rpm with the latest cobb software. We actually figured everything out last night and are going to start screwing the boost back into it tonight. As to datalogs, I personally do not like sharing them and will not be posting them. The tune is Adam's livelihood and I am not about to share his hard work all over the Internet. It's just a personal preference for me. As to Vdyno's once we get some numbers I'm happy with it will share some with the boost curve and afr for you guys.

thanks for the update! And V-dyno should be good enough if you could show boost and fueling profiles on them as well...

I just posed this question below to wspec...but would like to hear your thoughts as I am considering installing an turbo upgrade kit as well...

Seems like most folks who've installed these new turbo upgrade kits are requiring quite a bit more time than expected to tune everything out after initial install...Do you think this is because this is a relatively new upgrade platform for many of the tuners and that things are still being sorted out in the process adding to the time it takes?

I guess my main question is that after all the tuning nuances are finally ironed out with these relatively new turbo upgrade kits how many tuning iterations on average would you estimate need to be done after install of a similar kit?

Every car is different and every customer us different. I have tuned about 6 of these upgrades so far and it all depends on how the car reacts and how fast the customer gets me back logs. I'm not like most tuners and settle for "looks good enough", I like to make sure everything is running optimally and I take small steps at a time. I also listen to the customer and encourage feedback often so I can make sure they are happy with the results. How's the throttle? How does the car feel? Anything you want me to change? Launch control Ok?

Just to give you an example, looking at each customer file with an upgraded turbo, I knocked out 3 of them in 4 revisions. The customers that are running 91 or want e30 tunes with the bigger turbos take a little more time. Again, the major factor of time is how fast they get me back logs.

Also, I'm sure you have seen RobK's post and read his results. Everyone's going to be about the same as these turbos car max out the factory fuel system.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Every car is different and every customer us different. I have tuned about 6 of these upgrades so far and it all depends on how the car reacts and how fast the customer gets me back logs. I'm not like most tuners and settle for "looks good enough", I like to make sure everything is running optimally and I take small steps at a time. I also listen to the customer and encourage feedback often so I can make sure they are happy with the results. How's the throttle? How does the car feel? Anything you want me to change? Launch control Ok?

Just to give you an example, looking at each customer file with an upgraded turbo, I knocked out 3 of them in 4 revisions. The customers that are running 91 or want e30 tunes with the bigger turbos take a little more time. Again, the major factor of time is how fast they get me back logs.

Also, I'm sure you have seen RobK's post and read his results. Everyone's going to be about the same as these turbos car max out the factory fuel system.
thanks Adam! that's what I was looking for...much appreciated!

The issue with Stephen's car was a change with the new Cobb software. It moved a few things around and I had to track it down. On top of that I had an issue with my Cobb key and had to sort that out and rewrite his tune from scratch after we were 4 revisions in.