Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read about this, the more I want to dive into it. What is the total charge minus the core charge of course for this set up? External waste gate of course?? I am still pretty amendment on DHM quick spool kit, but this may just do the trick for me sooner rather than waiting till later to save the money for the quick spool kit. I know my question has been answered quite a few times, but I like clarification if possible.

Thanks SS.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #722
Not buying one soon but thinking long term...

Q: I assume this turbo doesn't max out OEM fuel flow rate on 91/93 octane, and neither does E30?

Q: Are any off-the-shelf tunes provided when purchasing the kit, assuming an otherwise stock car? Yes/no 91/93/E30?
Not sure about one with an external gate, but a internally gated cyborg WILL NOT max out the stock fuel system. It maxes the stock system out on E45-E50, but should be pretty safe on E30.

You can run the cobb stage3 tunes with no issues at all. But a pro-tune from DHM or Adam at Tune+ or Randy is recommended for best results of course.

Having an "other wise stock car" really isn't an option. You really need to have the best intercooler you can afford ( I run a cheap one actually ), a downpipe/catback, and some sort of intake would be nice, if not the 2J race intake if you can stand the noise ( I know... Its loud ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #723
The more I read about this, the more I want to dive into it. What is the total charge minus the core charge of course for this set up? External waste gate of course?? I am still pretty amendment on DHM quick spool kit, but this may just do the trick for me sooner rather than waiting till later to save the money for the quick spool kit. I know my question has been answered quite a few times, but I like clarification if possible.

Thanks SS.
I don't want to drag you away from what you REALLY want, then you be unhappy with this setup, the DHM kit is looking pretty awesome. That being said, its pricey. Its rightly pricey, but that doesn't change the fact it is pricey. I'll never afford one myself.

Cyborg pricing is posted on the first page, but to recap...

I have one more discounted cyborg setup available RIGHT NOW. Friday at midnight, they will go back to normal pricing. PM me if your interested in the last discounted one, its close to the group buy pricing.

Normal pricing and options are...
Full cyborg setup is $1450. Subtract $100 if you have or want to buy a Tune+ wastegate.
The external wastegate option is $250 labor, plus what ever wastegate you choose. I have knock off tial 38mm that is $100, it offsets the cost since you don't need a internal gate, the total cost is $250.

Manifold/turbine housing/inlet wrap with turbo blanket is a $160 option.

That's pretty much it. Core charge is $400, but its 100% refunded when I get your core back in the mail.

I don't want to drag you away from what you REALLY want, then you be unhappy with this setup, the DHM kit is looking pretty awesome. That being said, its pricey. Its rightly pricey, but that doesn't change the fact it is pricey. I'll never afford one myself.

Cyborg pricing is posted on the first page, but to recap...

I have one more discounted cyborg setup available RIGHT NOW. Friday at midnight, they will go back to normal pricing. PM me if your interested in the last discounted one, its close to the group buy pricing.

Normal pricing and options are...
Full cyborg setup is $1450. Subtract $100 if you have or want to buy a Tune+ wastegate.
The external wastegate option is $250 labor, plus what ever wastegate you choose. I have knock off tial 38mm that is $100, it offsets the cost since you don't need a internal gate, the total cost is $250.

Manifold/turbine housing/inlet wrap with turbo blanket is a $160 option.

That's pretty much it. Core charge is $400, but its 100% refunded when I get your core back in the mail.
I appreciate you not wanting to pull me away. It is pricey for a DAMN good reason. I have seen the kits in person, I have been to the shop quite a few times, and almost every time I have had to run out of the shop before I just handed Russell my Debit card. I do not mind paying the price for it, as it will produce what I want. I highly dought I would be upset with this kit. For the price, and what you get, it is very well worth it. If I can make upwards of 260-270 at the wheels, I would not be mad at all. I would def! like the external waste gate. I am not sure when I could get it off you honestly. It would be a few months just like having to wait for Russell, But I wanted to make sure of what I would be saving for. If it something does not work out with Russells kit for what ever reason, this will be what I do.

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything, and all that. I will keep you in the loop either way I go.

thanks.

Having an "other wise stock car" really isn't an option. You really need to have the best intercooler you can afford ( I run a cheap one actually ), a downpipe/catback, and some sort of intake would be nice, if not the 2J race intake if you can stand the noise ( I know... Its loud ).
Thanks for the info.

I guess what I'd be looking to achieve with this kit is a flat-ish powerband of ~250WHP on 93 octane between 4500 and 6500rpm. For my mild track build, I wouldn't want or need more than that.

I'm new to turbo cars, I assume the Cyborg generates more heat than stock turbo and that's why a more efficient IC is required. An aftermarket down-pipe would also be required because the OEM one is too restrictive, correct? Would a high-flow/sport catted down-pipe do?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #729
Its going on a GT2554 tuned by Adam. Pretty sure there will be an E30 tune :)
I'm also going to port match his ATP adaptor for free if it turns out that its smaller than the new ported manifold :)

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Its going on a GT2554 tuned by Adam. Pretty sure there will be an E30 tune :)
I'm also going to port match his ATP adaptor for free if it turns out that its smaller than the new ported manifold :)
Interesting. Adam told me to look into a tubular header for my set up.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #733
Money is not an issue. I just want spool. DHM will not sell a header alone FYI
Whhhaaaaattttttt???
Well... That I did not know that.
Sounds like Pumaspeed quick spoil it is !!

Its 425% more money... But money is no object.

A real FYI? Grimespeed has said a ported EVO cast manifold will support 1,000hp. Take that for what it is, and up with them if you have questions about it, lol. Even if an Evo manifold is 100% better, that's still 500hp...

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Whhhaaaaattttttt???
Well... That I did not know that.
Sounds like Pumaspeed quick spoil it is !!

Its 425% more money... But money is no object.

A real FYI? Grimespeed has said a ported EVO cast manifold will support 1,000hp. Take that for what it is, and up with them if you have questions about it, lol. Even if an Evo manifold is 100% better, that's still 500hp...
I understand why he won't sell a header alone. The DHM parts are a true system and work amazing together. I also want to stay IWG and keep my current exhaust. So, I have a lot of circumstances to work around. I am still leaning heavily toward getting a custom header made at a local race shop or, trying to talk [MENTION=2055]CMbuildz Racing[/MENTION] into building me a header.

I am going to sit back and watch this unfold first and see how the ported manifold works out for your current customer as I am a fan of cast and simple. I need to address my fueling issues before I address spool so I have time.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION] I'll have a manifold laying around once I install my BP Racing manifold. If you decide to go ported manifold route PM me and we can work something out where I send sourskittle my manifold for you then you could send me your oem manifold once new one is installed. Just throwing it out there :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #736
I asked my welder about making us a simple real thick wall log manifold, but he laughed and said, "ummmmm, you build it and I'll weld it", lol. I PERSONALLY like cast manifolds. If I was going with a GTX2867, then I'd rather have a DHM setup, but I'd rather have cast manifolds for most setups. But with that said, don't let me discourage anyone else from doing a tubular setup.

We have one guy with the BC racing external setup and another guy with an internal gated pumaspeed setup coming up too. So... Cyborg will be testing the waters with some different setups, and I'm glad. Me personally, I'm "all about dat cASS". 8.5 hours into a $225 total setup isn't like I'm making a killing ( with expendables, its less than $25 an hour ). And if the pumaspeed and BC racing manifold guys kick my butt, I'll be happy to see it and I might think twice about it :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #737
Did you ever think of upgrading just the compresseur side of the turbo.? Should be less costy. What do you think of that. Thank you

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #739
Did you ever think of upgrading just the compresseur side of the turbo.? Should be less costy. What do you think of that. Thank you
Yes sir. We tested it. Started with a stock turbine wheel, then clipped it a little more and re-balanced, then clipped it more and re-balanced, and clipped and rebalanced. Turbo on, turbo off, turbo on, turbo off. It was like 5 times I think.

We optimized the clip. All the clip it could take without effecting the response. Clipping it zero resulted in the same as clipping it as much as we currently do.

Surely it does not make the same job at all. But With just the turbine clip did you feel some gain in the upper rev. And did you edyno it. Thanks. Was maybe thinking about this solution until I have the money for your cyborg

Status
Not open for further replies.