Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Brib

So I got everything bolted up, after quite a long adventure. I did eventually find ATPs 2554 kit instructions, which answered a lot of my questions.

However, after I started it, I have a pretty loud exhaust leak. I loosened and re-tightened the vband, snugged the manifold studs (I did end up pulling the manifold) tightened up everything on the downpipe...and I still cant seem to find it. It sounds like its around the manifold/vband area.

I did have to reuse the stock gasket (11k miles on it) because I didn't have one on hand and dealers were closed before I knew I needed it. Any ideas, anyone have a similar problem? Car seems to idle fine and I blipped it a few times and the install otherwise looks good. No issues with leaks.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just for shits, I took this pic before install. Vband adapter looking down, placed over turbo. As you can see, much larger than the actual hot side housing inlet [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anyone measured the hole in the VBand adapter yet? If not and you have gotten your MRX turbo and not installed it ....please snap some pics w/measurements ![emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

However, after I started it, I have a pretty loud exhaust leak. I loosened and re-tightened the vband, snugged the manifold studs (I did end up pulling the manifold) tightened up everything on the downpipe...and I still cant seem to find it. It sounds like its around the manifold/vband area.

I did have to reuse the stock gasket (11k miles on it) because I didn't have one on hand and dealers were closed before I knew I needed it. Any ideas, anyone have a similar problem? Car seems to idle fine and I blipped it a few times and the install otherwise looks good. No issues with leaks.
I couldnt hear one initially, but I could smell it. Mine was just the clamp needing to be snugged down more. So thats a potential culprit. I assume you have everything tightened up to torque specs, but if not make sure thats done.

For those of you who are yet/soon to install the MRX... It would be an AWESOME resource to the community if someone could do a good install write up/how-to with pics. I for one would like to install myself when the time comes and would be great for those who are "on the fence" about diy'ing it. [raceflag]

For those of you who are yet/soon to install the MRX... It would be an AWESOME resource to the community if someone could do a good install write up/how-to with pics. I for one would like to install myself when the time comes and would be great for those who are "on the fence" about diy'ing it. [raceflag]
That's the plan this weekend!

42.4mm. Outlet on manifold is about 35mm

also, make sure you have your stock hot side charge pipe. Installing this turbo for a customer today and he had aftermarket hot side so I had to give him my silicone to go from the supplied hot side pipe to the intercooler.

id be happy to answer questions on installation after tomorrow when I'm done with this install. Not taking pics though.

Is the 42.4 measurement on the v-band adapter outlet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
yea. sorry I should have replied with quote. Holding the adapter over the turbo, they did a pretty good job making a smooth transition into the turbo, but there is a large difference of diameter from the manifold to the turbo. 35->42

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
42.4mm. Outlet on manifold is about 35mm

also, make sure you have your stock hot side charge pipe. Installing this turbo for a customer today and he had aftermarket hot side so I had to give him my silicone to go from the supplied hot side pipe to the intercooler.

I'd be happy to answer questions on installation after tomorrow when I'm done with this install. Not taking pics though.
Are you (is the customer) going to tune it on the dyno, the street, or both??

So I got everything bolted up, after quite a long adventure. I did eventually find ATPs 2554 kit instructions, which answered a lot of my questions.

Just a guess but did you transfer the fire ring over to the v band flange from the old turbo?

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #453
Just a guess but did you transfer the fire ring over to the v band flange from the old turbo?

Yes it transfers over

Just checking with brib cause that can cause an exhaust leak

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Decided to go away from mountune and go with Ryan from PDtuning. Just recieved the first map for slot 2 and the car feels solid. Nothing agaist mountune i just have a gd relationship with ryan. Ive noticed that on my setup im holding 22-23 vs the 18-20 im seeing here? Could it be the manifold? I will have final tune numbers monday.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
HAs anyone ran e30 with this turbo? Might be another 10hp o so before fuel limit is reached.

Decided to go away from mountune and go with Ryan from PDtuning. Just recieved the first map for slot 2 and the car feels solid. Nothing agaist mountune i just have a gd relationship with ryan. Ive noticed that on my setup im holding 22-23 vs the 18-20 im seeing here? Could it be the manifold? I will have final tune numbers monday.
You have SS ported stock manifold?

jeff

2000 Post Club
You have SS ported stock manifold?
Slightly off topic but not really....I'm in the process of tune revisions for an X47 and SS ported stock manifold....curious to see if the manifold makes any difference compared to others with the same setup on 93 but without ported manifold. Will be interesting to see if [MENTION=1058]re-rx7[/MENTION] sees any difference with the MRX as well with the same comparison.